WWIII has begin?

ah that same old song they've been singing for decades. yawn... nothing new.

I just thought it was interesting to note that the "secret" diplomatic cables that wikilink dumped indicated that it really is a U.S. goal to have a unified Korea.

I just thought it was interesting to note that the "secret" diplomatic cables that wikilink dumped indicated that it really is a U.S. goal to have a unified Korea.

see above. We'll (Koreans) believe it when we see it.

the conspiracy theorist can argue that the government purposely released a misleading document to WikiLeak just to dispel whatever :lol:

Do you think the WikiLeaks was "good timing" to defuse the North Korea situation?

Obviously, I think the "ball-field" changes a bit. The US is taking serious credibility hits and losing political capital quickly (who's to say that's not right or a bad thing?).

All I'm thinking is...if I'm in the feds doing foreign service work I'd be going "crap. crap. crap" >.< quite a bit.

Big plate for the US at the moment: (in no particular "order")

NK/SK
China (plus Currency issue)
English relations (some of those details from the wikileaks...whew!)
European Union stabilization (PIIGS counter)
Terrorism "cyber" and "conventional"
Afghanistan
Pakistan
Australia (exporting some interesting characters in the area of terrorism from there)
Russia. (Putin)
Somalia (Oregon case. Brazen. But still not "proof" that event would've happened. Later explanation)
Anything else I'm missing ? I'll edit later.

see above. We'll (Koreans) believe it when we see it.

the conspiracy theorist can argue that the government purposely released a misleading document to WikiLeak just to dispel whatever :lol:

;)

I'll keep on rockin in the free world and hope for the best

Do you think the WikiLeaks was "good timing" to defuse the North Korea situation?

Obviously, I think the "ball-field" changes a bit. The US is taking serious credibility hits and losing political capital quickly (who's to say that's not right or a bad thing?).

All I'm thinking is...if I'm in the feds doing foreign service work I'd be going "crap. crap. crap" >.< quite a bit.

Big plate for the US at the moment: (in no particular "order")

NK/SK
China (plus Currency issue)
English relations (some of those details from the wikileaks...whew!)
European Union stabilization (PIIGS counter)
Terrorism "cyber" and "conventional"
Afghanistan
Pakistan
Australia (exporting some interesting characters in the area of terrorism from there)
Russia. (Putin)
Somalia (Oregon case. Brazen. But still not "proof" that event would've happened. Later explanation)
Anything else I'm missing ? I'll edit later.

Expect to see Julian Assange questioned about his private life ;)

a lot.

;)

I'll keep on rockin in the free world and hope for the best

friday.gif

your post about WikiLeaks.... that reminds me to answer other poster's question....

You're not answering my question.

"Where is the attribution? Who said that? Did the reporter just make it up?"

The reporter does not say what or who was her source. For all we know, she just made it up. That's not good reporting.

oh to answer your question...

now that the secret's out cuz of WikiLeaks... here ya go -

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/29/world/29cables.html?_r=1&hp
A dangerous standoff with Pakistan over nuclear fuel: Since 2007, the United States has mounted a highly secret effort, so far unsuccessful, to remove from a Pakistani research reactor highly enriched uranium that American officials fear could be diverted for use in an illicit nuclear device. In May 2009, Ambassador Anne W. Patterson reported that Pakistan was refusing to schedule a visit by American technical experts because, as a Pakistani official said, “if the local media got word of the fuel removal, ‘they certainly would portray it as the United States taking Pakistan’s nuclear weapons,’ he argued.”

and for you, Steinhauer about unified Koreas that is a threat to China
Thinking about an eventual collapse of North Korea: American and South Korean officials have discussed the prospects for a unified Korea, should the North’s economic troubles and political transition lead the state to implode. The South Koreans even considered commercial inducements to China, according to the American ambassador to Seoul. She told Washington in February that South Korean officials believe that the right business deals would “help salve” China’s “concerns about living with a reunified Korea” that is in a “benign alliance” with the United States.

does all of this surprise me? not at all. What I'm disappointed is WikiLeaks leaking this out to public without any thought for the world and that it provided an easy tool for traitors to spill the beans. TREASON!

Everybody has a heart Jiro.

I am a sucker for familly reunions of long lost relatives. I want to see it happen in my lifetime.

That would be nice. The entire half of my families (dad's side) is in North Korea. We have a deed for a very large property in North Korea. Their whereabouts are unknown but the younger generation like us don't really have much thought about it. :dunno:

Everybody has a heart Jiro.

I am a sucker for familly reunions of long lost relatives. I want to see it happen in my lifetime.

Without any bloodshed.

Sounds like the Cold War and the eventual collapse of Russia plus re-unification of Germany.

What would be your strategy to have this happen?

1. Let North Korea implode? I mean seriously, cut off everything. Prevent cargo ships going in and out, no flights, etc. Prevents most intelligence services (nuclear program) from being sent to bidders. Basically, convince the world to not trade with any good or service that could become an incentive to trade with NK. Basically, Political and Economic Détente.

2. Convince China that NK is indeed part of the axis of evil. (Not allowing at least some economic liberations is what is cruel. China may be "communist" in Politics but not Economics.) Tell SK to sit down and re-assure them that any move that NK makes may result in complete destruction. NK fires. The World invades and pitches in to rebuild and unify the Koreas as one government.

Without any bloodshed.

Sounds like the Cold War and the eventual collapse of Russia plus re-unification of Germany.

1. Let North Korea implode? I mean seriously, cut off everything. Prevent cargo ships going in and out, no flights, etc. Prevents most intelligence services (nuclear program) from being sent to bidders. Basically, convince the world to not trade with any good or service that could become an incentive to trade with NK. Basically, Political and Economic Détente.
already tried for years. doesn't work. see my post #158.

2. Convince China that NK is indeed part of the axis of evil. (Not allowing at least some economic liberations is what is cruel. China may be "communist" in Politics but not Economics.) Tell SK to sit down and re-assure them that any move that NK makes may result in complete destruction. NK fires. The World invades and pitches in to rebuild and unify the Koreas as one government.
post #160

Ball field??? I thought you people called it "the pitch" :lol: j/k

Without any bloodshed.

I can't mention what I know about Germany and I know that sounds ... weird, but honestly, I can't mention it here. All I can say is that the U.S. had a hand in the re-unification. But .... so did the East Germans.

The re-unification of Germany started with East Germans protesting. The protesters were fearful of their own government as their government praised China's use of force against the Tianeman (sp?) Square protesters.

The protest grew. It was peaceful and the re-unification literally happened overnight.

There was a hole in the boundary and thousands defected. The Berlin Wall was torn down from both sides.

Kind of makes you wonder how the protest started doesn't it?

Without any bloodshed.

It's easy....We call China and say "Have you heard what NK has been saying about you?" But we got your back

Then we call NK and say "Have you heard what China is saying about you?" But we got your back

Then we :popcorn: Anybody that has ever watched an epidsode of "The Hills" knows this.

It's easy....We call China and say "Have you heard what NK has been saying about you?" But we got your back

Then we call NK and say "Have you heard what China is saying about you?" But we got your back

Then we :popcorn: Anybody that has ever watched an epidsode of "The Hills" knows this.

;)

edit: On a side note, I was hoping the wikileaks would have mentioned how the U.S. stopped Gaddafi in his tracks ... but its an old topic.

It was a simple photograph of him sleeping in his bedroom, from 4 feet away with a letter from Reagan saying "We know where you are".

Its always nice to read old news articles about other "high tension" situations:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,961140,00.html

lest we forget.

:popcorn:

Back