Write A Prisoner

moonflower said:
i won't write to all prisoners no thanks

Dr. kervian whoever had resently vow to contiune to help kill ppl when he get out
it seem like a threat to the society

i hope his parole turn down before he get out he is currently in court right now for threats he had made

well if doctors dianosed you with horrible painful disease...
and you get sick and in so much horrible pain and dying...

Would you want him to help you die quickly in a painless way??? :P

Uh, hate to burst your bubbles, boys and girls, but you can’t starve yourself to death in prison. If you try and start to come even reasonably close, they will force feed you. This basically consists of taking you down to the infirmary twice a day, shoving a nasogastric up your nose and down your esophagus, and pumping a liquid nutrient formula into you. From what I’ve read, most prisoners give up at the first sight of the nasogastric tube and start eating again. :|

Levonian said:
Uh, hate to burst your bubbles, boys and girls, but you can’t starve yourself to death in prison. If you try and start to come even reasonably close, they will force feed you. This basically consists of taking you down to the infirmary twice a day, shoving a nasogastric up your nose and down your esophagus, and pumping a liquid nutrient formula into you. From what I’ve read, most prisoners give up at the first sight of the nasogastric tube and start eating again. :|

Yup! Here's why: NG tubes hurt like a mo'fo when inserted. I had one placed after intestinal surgery, and it was quite painful. I was a little girl at the time, and to this day, I shudder at the thought of nasogastric tubes.

Never again!! *shudders*

Yes, of all the people in the world I could write to, I've always wanted to find myself a soul-less child killer for a friend. Because I just don't have enough crazy relatives.

>>why not let prisoners die if they want to?<<

what do you think it's worse - to die or spend your entire life in prison, enjoing all it offers?

They were sentenced. They must fulfill their sentences. And very rightly so if you ask me. No weasel-ing out of the sentence. Too easy.

Fuzzy

Audiofuzzy said:
>>why not let prisoners die if they want to?<<

what do you think it's worse - to die or spend your entire life in prison, enjoing all it offers?

They were sentenced. They must fulfill their sentences. And very rightly so if you ask me. No weasel-ing out of the sentence. Too easy.

Fuzzy

Exactly. This is why they force feed prisoners rather than let them starve to death.

While in college, I had a roommate who had an inmate for a penpal. Every night she would rush home to write him a letter or read his letters. Her life revolved around this moron.

A few years later after he got out of prison, she met him and he murdered her. My pleas with her went ignored -- it was a such tragic story.

Do not play with fire - you will get burned. This is the moral of the story.

Nancy said:
Is this the same lady who drowned her kids a few years back? Just wondering....

Yes, she was one that drove her kids into lake, what sad it is! It happened like 11 years ago, as far I could remember.

Gemtun said:
While in college, I had a roommate who had an inmate for a penpal. Every night she would rush home to write him a letter or read his letters. Her life revolved around this moron.

A few years later after he got out of prison, she met him and he murdered her. My pleas with her went ignored -- it was a such tragic story.

Do not play with fire - you will get burned. This is the moral of the story.

It's a shame that she's dead...she should've known better than to trust a prisoner.

May her soul rest in peace. :(

Miss*Pinocchio said:
why not let prisoners die if they want to?

Basically, because our public policies are still primarily predicated upon Judeo-Christian ethic. Granted, this influence has eroded considerably in the last 200 years, but it still a very strong driving force behind public policy and administration. Death by anything other than natural causes is seen as being a contradiction of Christian ethic, so as a matter policy we forbid it. For this reason, suicide is illegal everywhere in the United States.

well since they can't kill yourself starving...
why not climb the fence...
and the guard will shoot me to death??? :rl:

Miss*Pinocchio said:
well since they can't kill yourself starving...
why not climb the fence...
and the guard will shoot me to death??? :rl:

They will not shoot the prisoner to death. They will attack you to the ground with their dogs and weapons and etc. If you want to know more about prison, then go to library, watch discovery, A&E or Court channel to learn about it. If they have prison riot, well that is different...

In the past they did shoot the prisoner but the laws change and etc. There is too long to explain and I was learning from school and on tv. The worse prison riot was in Brazil and never forget about it.

Gemtun said:

This is going to sound like a strange question, but was she deaf?

I do write to prisoners all the time, deaf ones, under official business. And I mail them a free quarterly newsletter that educates them on staying out of trouble once they get out.

Richard

Steel said:
why write e-mails to prisoners when they did very horrible things and they didnt seem to care for what they done?

very true!!!!!!!!!! i agree with him :doh: :gpost:

Back