Wow Hello Everyone!!!...

I've had a lot of experience with moving. First time I moved out of state all I took with me were 3 suitcases and a train ride. Longest 2 days of my life lol. Mostly clothes I packed along with essential stuff like toiletries and my alarm clock- don't remember if I took a lamp or not for the clock (I wake up via light easier than vibrating alarm).

The rest of my moving adventures were by car and/or trailer as by then I accumulated stuff. I did try to sell or get right of very large items (like sofa). The most recent time I moved (Back to NC...sigh...) I sold the washer/dryer (No I'm not dragging those down 3 flights of stairs...we hated dragging them UP) and the futon. Gave a discount to the military guys who bought the w/d and said thank you :).

It's stressful so remember to take breaks and relax. Check the car especially parts you know you've had issues with before if you are driving. it does get a little expensive. A trip from AZ to the east coast I know cost about 1,400ish maybe and that was almost 10 years ago.

Going by train is an alternative though you might not be able to take as much.

One suggestion is to try to find out where you want to live before you go and set up that- apartment or friend. There are some hotels... ah extended stay hotels that you can stay in temporarily (one move I stayed in one for a week while going for 1st week of work and looking for an apartment).

VR might be able to help with jobs but if you are looking out of state, VR probably won't be able to help. You have to be a resident of that state to use the VR services.

Another option, if you don't have a lot, especially furniture, is to send the stuff via UPS. Of course, you need to have someplace to send it to.

Moving is a bitch....I've done enough of it....but good luck anyway.....Expensive! and good advise to make sure your car is running good. Got kids? Plan on making more stops than usual too. As for carrying a gun?...SMH....driving in daylight is better than at night.
I can't drive the car because of my health situation. I don't have any kids ever a gun. (Shudder) I don't have to do it before, but I need to figure about it.

Yes, I have a good experience with the moving. I had to bring the boxes with my stuff what I need into my car without having furniture there. I did save a lot of money like nearly $1,000 to drive from my hometown to a different state have to pay for gas, toll road, food and emergency that is all I need to do for moving. If you have a car to drive from Idaho to California make sure check change oil before start do it. Also if you can't afford moving maybe can sell your stuff like furniture, electronic or other stuff can let people know about your garage sale to sell your stuff and make a lot of money or ask to get loan at the bank to see if you are qualify for moving. Good luck! :)
Wow JuloVe21.. You already have experience with the moving. Sadly, I don't have a car, and I can't drive it because of my health situation.(Sigh). hmm I think what you say about the selling of my stuff. Thank you.

No I don't have any money for moving etc. That's why I need to look for the job. SilverRoxy
How is the transportation where you live since you can't drive ? That would made it harder to find a job not being able to drive . I hope you'll be able to find
some work.

Save your loot first before anything else....
While one can move with nothing.
That takes a certain kind
And your not that kind girl...
So
Save what you have...think it through,find any work you can and save more and slowly and slowly you will eventually move and not die trying.

Back