wouldn't want to make friend with someone who's not good with grammar english...

yagazn

Reaction score
a deaf girl i met few days ago at starbuck. she told me that someone rejected her is because of her bad grammar english. it seems that people rather hang out with someone who's good or very good with grammar english for friends just like hearie. if you're good or very good with grammar english, so they would make friend with you like popular.

i told her that i've had the same experienced too.

:jaw: that's ignorant and snobbish!!! If they reject you then is their loss, not you...

I really don't care either their written grammar is good or not but their personality/character!!!! Their good personality/character is mainly matter to me than worry about their written grammar.

a deaf girl i met few days ago at starbuck. she told me that someone rejected her is because of her bad grammar english. it seems that people rather hang out with someone who's good or very good with grammar english for friends just like hearie. if you're good or very good with grammar english, so they would make friend with you like popular.

Well... we all know that in social life - it's all about communication. That person sounds impatient and ignorant. I can understand that it can be very straining to try to understand the person with bad grammar. Somehow... I think the person with bad grammar should put in lot of effort to improve her communication skill if that person wants to communicate with people.

:jaw: that's ignorant and snobbish!!! If they reject you then is their loss, not you...

I really don't care either their written grammar is good or not but their personality/character!!!! Their good personality/character is mainly matter to me than worry about their written grammar.

yeah, i know, some Ddeaf/Hhoh rejected other Ddeaf/Hhoh who's not good or not very good with grammar english just like hearie too.

O M G... my english/grammar is quite good and i am oral most of the time, I have all sorts of friends and wouldn't dream of rejecting them.
I proof read some letters for some people who can't write english very well.

Who ever rejects you is their loss not yours.... that person have no patience

it's not only deaf who have this problem, there's dyslexics etc.

Well... we all know that in social life - it's all about communication. That person sounds impatient and ignorant. I can understand that it can be very straining to try to understand the person with bad grammar. Somehow... I think the person with bad grammar should put in lot of effort to improve her communication skill if that person wants to communicate with people.

well, we have the same problem for grammar english. and i'm going to help her with every words that she never heard before. so, we shared experience same problems with grammar. i told her that she will be better with words.

Last edited:
O M G... my english/grammar is quite good and i am oral most of the time, I have all sorts of friends and wouldn't dream of rejecting them.
I proof read some letters for some people who can't write english very well.

Who ever rejects you is their loss not yours.... that person have no patience

it's not only deaf who have this problem, there's dyslexics etc.

thank you, overthepond. are you new here on AD? if so, then welcome and hello :)

well, we have the same problem for grammar english. and i'm going to help her with every words that she never heard before. so, we shared experience same problems with grammar. i told her that she will be better with words.

oh you both have disability that affects your grammar skill? and it's great that you are helping each other to improve the skill. it will be long and hard but it'll be worth it! A path to personal success is teamwork! :h5:

That's pretty sad someone rejected her. It's not her fault for a bad grammar. I wouldn't reject someone if they have a bad grammar.

It is great you and her are helping each other to improve English grammar. That is a great support. :)

oh you both have disability that affects your grammar skill? and it's great that you are helping each other to improve the skill. it will be long and hard but it'll be worth it! A path to personal success is teamwork! :h5:

yea but we're not really friend yet, we barely see each other at college. we hang out first time at starbuck few days ago. but my class and her class soon will be finish next week. we're both going to different college next fall. i told her that she can always free to email me if she ever had problem with her grammar english or she needs help for new words. i asked her if she ever heard word, "vain"?, she says, "no" and never heard of it. i'm like, 'what!'.
i explained what "vain" is. she learned new word "vain".

oh, well. you know i've experienced many rejection. and her too. i wish i was toooooo smart with english grammar at least i tried my best. anyway, i can't explain why my grammar english is not good. it's a long story. and her too, she told me everything.

Last edited:
That's pretty sad someone rejected her. It's not her fault for a bad grammar. I wouldn't reject someone if they have a bad grammar.

It is great you and her are helping each other to improve English grammar. That is a great support. :)

thank you. i know it's not her fault and mine too. we've had the same experienced by rejection because of bad grammar english.

i wish i was toooooo smart with english grammar at least i tried my best. anyway, i can't explain why my grammar english is not good. it's a long story. and her too, she told me everything.

no no don't "wish." Just DO it. You want to be smart with english grammar? work hard on it. Don't spend your life trying to get people to understand your issue. You should spend your life OVERCOMING any obstacles and get what you want. Nobody's going to be spoon-feeding you when you grow up. As Ed Murrow said - "So long, and good luck!" :cool2:

btw - I too wish I'm as smart as Bill Clinton in terms of english skill. He's awesome orator, debater, and a brilliant NY Times crossword puzzle guy.

no no don't "wish." Just DO it. You want to be smart with english grammar? work hard on it. Don't spend your life trying to get people to understand your issue. You should spend your life OVERCOMING any obstacles and get what you want. Nobody's going to be spoon-feeding you when you grow up. As Ed Murrow said - "So long, and good luck!" :cool2:

yea, i want to work hard on it but not easy, at least i tried my best. i'm hard of hearing but i'm not like hearie UGH!

alright, thanks jiro123 and thanks everyone...i'm heading to bed soon. have a good day to all of you.

yea, i want to work hard on it but not easy, at least i tried my best. i'm hard of hearing but i'm not like hearie UGH!
HOH has nothing to do with your english skill. I'm HOH too and I diligently read as much as I can. As long as you can form a critical thinking skill to formulate your own view/opinion articulately... great job! You can read and write, right? :cool2: You tried your best but did you do your best of the best? beyond the best?

alright, thanks jiro123 and thanks everyone...i'm heading to bed soon. have a good day to all of you.
As Ed Murrow said again... "Good night and good luck to you all!" :cool2:

wow. a bad grammar, just rejected. Thats wrong.

Accept a friend, simple as that. Learn from each other and grow.

Not Worry about them.. Because I do see some people who have good English grammar but their talking like conversation is very dumb! :)

Not Worry about them.. Because I do see some people who have good English grammar but their talking like conversation is very dumb! :)

Very true, I notice some made poor conversation when their written grammer is good..., not poor written grammar. I know some people who have poor written grammar, have wonderful mimic with sign language... very good conversation...

I think if people reject you because of grammar problem, they probably wouldn't be a faithful friend later, because too shallow.

Well, this past weekend I asked my sister to tell me what the heck talkin in ASL is like and she told/showed me. I can say that if someone has bad 'grammer' and talk in ASL, then saying they have bad grammer is not a fair statement. A native speaker of ASL may not have all the flowery stuff when writing but I totally understand. I think ASL written is fine - - it's a LANGUAGE. Like, mexican people speak mexican or chinese speak chinese, etc. The nice thing about ASL is that it is lean. If an interpreter has to flower stuff up or do things 'proper' they may never catch up w/ the speaker and the person watching the ASL would get easily confused if everything was all drawn out.

I could be wrong but the above makes sense to me - - hoh.

I wouldnt reject someone with bad grammar/English skills either. that person is really wrong to reject her for that. that his/her loss anyway. i have many friends that have bad grammar/English skills and i do my best to understand them. :)

Back