Would you or would you not?

If you were deaf/hearing would you date someone hearing/deaf?

• Yes

Votes: 24 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters

MissBrittany

Reaction score
If you were hearing, and only knew minimum ASL,
and fell in love with someone who was deaf,
would you be with the person, even though the language barrier is high?

If you were deaf, and only knew ASL and could not read lips,
and fell in love with someone who was hearing,
would you be with the person, even though the language barrier is high?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

As for me, if I was single, and liked someone who was deaf.
I would completely give it a try. If you love someone it doesn't
matter what barrier stands in the way, you work to overcome it.

What about you all?

I wouldn't be focused on my love's hearing or deafness if I fell in love..
If my love was deaf then I would learn sign and use notes together.

I wouldn't be focused on my love's hearing or deafness if I fell in love..
If my love was deaf then I would learn sign and use notes together.

Wow how cute and exciting notes would be...
Thinking of that gives me butterfly's.
Its something people normally dont do and to pass a
pen and paper... is so... like a perfect movie scene.

That's an interesting question. If the communicative barriers were high at the outset, it kinda makes me wonder how one falls in love, absent this ability to communicate. I guess it commenced with a spark and the two parties hung out long enough, stuck it through, and formed a relationship by improving on that initial barrier. Seems kinda complex to me. But kudos to those who have successfully overcome it.

Wow how cute and exciting notes would be...
Thinking of that gives me butterfly's.
Its something people normally dont do and to pass a
pen and paper... is so... like a perfect movie scene.

I have a friend and he sometimes use notes to communicate with me if I can't get his words .. I am hard of hearing,BTW..

and yes,notes would be effective. I love writing.

That's an interesting question. If the communicative barriers were high at the outset, it kinda makes me wonder how one falls in love, absent this ability to communicate. I guess it commenced with a spark and the two parties hung out long enough, stuck it through, and formed a relationship by improving on that initial barrier. Seems kinda complex to me. But kudos to those who have successfully overcome it.

I tend to agree with you, Tousi....maybe its our age!:giggle: But in order to fall in love, one must interact with another. That requires communication. I can understand the initial attraction and the communication barriers, but if you truly want to get to know the personto whom you are attracted, and see if the possibility for love is there, then you need to make the effort to communicate with that person.

I have a friend and he sometimes use notes to communicate with me if I can't get his words .. I am hard of hearing,BTW..

and yes,notes would be effective. I love writing.

I think note writing would hit hard you can tell a lot from someone
through writing... :giggle:

yes,through writing,you can tell a lot of things that should be kept private :giggle:

Im going to do that today...
Im totally into that idea now.

Thanks for the note writing idea...
It sounds romantic somehow...........

Hahahahah. :giggle:

I would fall in love with someone who's right for me, I would teach her sign language and write on paper or type on computer to communicate until her sign language improves and we can communicate in sign language in later time.

I am deafblind so only would need to teach the other person the deafblind manual which isn't has hard as learning BSL as it's basically only the alphabet. I would date either a deaf person, another deafblind person, a blind hearie,or someone with another disability although their would be other problems with someone non disabled I think due to the fact the relationship would be un equal and one sided. I'm not sure if we would relate very well. I would also expect anyone I dated to be vegan or at least vegitarian.

Yes and am currently dating hearing guy and I'm completely deaf and uses sign language I refuse to speak right now until I get my CI because I am extremely uncomfortable not able to hear myself and talking funny so when we met he know NO sign at all but we felt a lot of spark so we talked on instant message (aim and yahoo) all night and when we're around each other we used my sidekick 3 text to communicate and few months later we started dating and he brought sign language book and learned much as he can and now we talk through sign language all time :D and we been together and for one year now

My current hubby met my former roommates at a bar. He didnt know any sign so he and my roommates wrote on notes all night that night. I guess they exchanged emails so they started hanging out despite the communication barrier. My roommates and I were on bad terms that time but we had a deaf friend with Usher's so she started dating him despite him knowing pratically no sign. They fell in love so he started learning sign through her and socializing at deaf events. Moved in together, got engaged and blah blah...I started hanging out with them and was impressed with how hard my hubby worked at learning ASL for her.

Anyways...2 years later, they broke up and now I am married to him. OOOOPPPSSSIIE..:giggle:

I am interpreter, this a cheating question for me :giggle: I do know sign language, I wouldn't mind dating a deaf guy and if he's comfortable with a hearing lady. This would be a fun adventure entering into his world.

Yes and am currently dating hearing guy and I'm completely deaf and uses sign language I refuse to speak right now until I get my CI because I am extremely uncomfortable not able to hear myself and talking funny so when we met he know NO sign at all but we felt a lot of spark so we talked on instant message (aim and yahoo) all night and when we're around each other we used my sidekick 3 text to communicate and few months later we started dating and he brought sign language book and learned much as he can and now we talk through sign language all time :D and we been together and for one year now

I am interpreter, this a cheating question for me :giggle: I do know sign language, I wouldn't mind dating a deaf guy and if he's comfortable with a hearing lady. This would be a fun adventure entering into his world.

My deaf brother is available. :giggle:

HMM I would like it if a hearing gal would be able to learn and sign ASL as well... that would be nice to do so.. and as for a deaf gal, the signings would go on with no problems but it doesnt matter which one I fall in love with, just have to know who is a good choice to love or purse a romantic relationship with .. hmm that one thing I have yet to experience in life. .. lol who knows if I luck out somehow soon or later...haha

im deaf! but my vote says finally YES!

im still dating with British boyfriend and he hearing but he can sign barely but he can write and paper what says but no matter for me i can dating with hearing people nor deaf people! but i can accept him very much and i did told my mom and my aunt about that man i always trust him but im been e-mail him lots everyday he very sweet man,handsomes he very tall he between 6'4 -6'5 than me but im 6'2 his name is James Windsor he from London,England

Back