Would you keep your dog food in a coffee container that's not washed?

Dannie

Reaction score
We keep our dog food in a large plastic container which you can also buy milkbones from at Petsmart, and have a smaller yogurt container (which my Dad loves to use). I'd prefer just having the large container upstairs, but he scoops it out with a tuna tin (I'am sure the tin metal will affect her eventually).

Today I discovered he had this brilliant idea of putting the dog food in a VERY VERY VERY Strong Coffee Container and the odour was putrid!
(I don't think he even washed it, and he thinks I'am being ridiculous about washing the container with White Vinegar, Baking Soda and Lemon, airing it outside a few days and rewashing it using the same steps.

Any vets on the board here who can verify for me that coffee is VERY bad for a beagles sensitive stomach?

I know this, but I gotta prove this to him, everything I say means hogwash!

I dunno... wouldn't it be better to just buy a plastic dog food container from the pet store?

I doubt the coffee scents would do any harm to dogs and cats... but I personally wouldn't put my dog's foods on or in anything without washing them first.

Instead of arguing with your father, buy another coffee container and dog food (if you don't have any left at home). Your father don't have to know. :)

No way, I would not put dog food in tin can. Never know what chemcial will do to the animals.

I use big plastic container for my dog's dry food and cat's dry food stays in the bags and put in the cupboard. They eat more than the dog eats. Their dish is never empty always full.

Back