Would you give felons a second chance?

Would you give a convicted criminal a second chance?

• I don't know.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other - My reason is different.

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No - I don't trust anyone who has been a criminal.

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Yes - I will give them another chance.

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
One of my employees is an ex-con. I actually run background checks but I don't make final decisions off of it. I actually caught a pretty good tax break for hiring him. I think it was $2400.

A second chance yes, but I would be wary around them. I don't think I would ever really trust them.

A second chance yes, but I would be wary around them. I don't think I would ever really trust them.

Trust?

526525_360911810680982_1467221535_n.jpg

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

One of my employees is an ex-con. I actually run background checks but I don't make final decisions off of it. I actually caught a pretty good tax break for hiring him. I think it was $2400.

Tax Break....and believe if you own property and if you agree to rent a house you owned to a sex offender...you would get a tax break?....Perhaps from the City?...I'm not really sure but believe that was the case of someone I knew.

Tax Break....and believe if you own property and if you agree to rent a house you owned to a sex offender...you would get a tax break?....Perhaps from the City?...I'm not really sure but believe that was the case of someone I knew.

I didn't hire him for the tax break. I only found out about it a few weeks ago when we filed... and yeah... I'll happily claim it as I am using it for the purpose exactly as designed.

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/tax-breaks-employers-hire-felons-14421.html

Depends entirely on the felony. Non-violent -- would be likely willing to give a second chance. Violent -- rape, murder, child offenses, abuse, not so much.

If I'm banker so I will NEVER hire anyone who convicted of fraud.

If I have child so I will NEVER hire anyone who convicted of assault or rape (sex offenders).

If I'm business owner so I will NEVER hire anyone who convicted of grand larceny.

Depends on the person, and what their felony was. I've got a buddy who did 10 years for stealing a mounted officer's horse while high on heroin (not his finest moment, but he learned his lesson.). He's a felon for life, even though he's turned his life around, and lives honestly. Can't vote, can't own a gun... And I don't agree with that. But some felons absolutely should not own guns. It's a complicated, multifaceted subject.

Depends on the person, and what their felony was. I've got a buddy who did 10 years for stealing a mounted officer's horse while high on heroin (not his finest moment, but he learned his lesson.). He's a felon for life, even though he's turned his life around, and lives honestly. Can't vote, can't own a gun... And I don't agree with that. But some felons absolutely should not own guns. It's a complicated, multifaceted subject.

Say what?...10 YEARS....:shock:...must of had a prior record or a habitual offender??

I recently spent some time talking to a deaf guy talking basketball and school. I got to visit his apartment and looked over old school yearbooks with him. It was later that he told me he was in jail 4 times. Didn't tell me what crimes they were. I don't think he killed anyone or he would never get out. Makes me a bit nervous. He didn't tell me what he was in prison for.

Try your home state dept correctional inmate look up, that is if he commits crime within your state. It is public information, you can find out on the Internet. Why public information? It is because taxpayers pays taxes to jail, so public has the right to know who is in there or even was there and sometimes they explain why.

Here in NYS, I can find out anyone who is in jail or was in jail and list of conviction records.

I recently spent some time talking to a deaf guy talking basketball and school. I got to visit his apartment and looked over old school yearbooks with him. It was later that he told me he was in jail 4 times. Didn't tell me what crimes they were. I don't think he killed anyone or he would never get out. Makes me a bit nervous. He didn't tell me what he was in prison for.

Try your home state dept correctional inmate look up, that is if he commits crime within your state. It is public information, you can find out on the Internet. Why public information? It is because taxpayers pays taxes to jail, so public has the right to know who is in there or even was there and sometimes they explain why.

Here in NYS, I can find out anyone who is in jail or was in jail and list of conviction records.

Yep....where I live...just type in JSO.com...and it will tell you if someone is in jail and what they did....

That only works if he is actively in jail. If you want to view his criminal history, you're going to have to pay a fee.

Nope, not here in NYS, it becomes permanent part of database. It will show whether person is in custody or not. Can not be deleted. And no, there is no fee to pay *IF* you know where to look for.

That only works if he is actively in jail. If you want to view his criminal history, you're going to have to pay a fee.

Back