Would you choose any.....

Love that song and I have that movie. Go ahead and use it. It does make me feel warm and wonderful to hear that song.

Angel and RoadRunner,

I recommend you both of you guys!! It's YOUR WEDDING choice and felt comfortable to choose favorite songs and etc... Whole thing it's BELONG YOURS..

Exactly FiestyChick's comment well said!

Important how much you feel wanted to have wonderful wedding everything you choose... Go for it.. Don't let anyone trying to get you as "taken over the wedding" whoever want their own taste wedding for you.. Their way own control your wedding..

Best you own way and picking it out everything!

I hate Celine Dion songs... period. :(

I still have the Celine Dion CD that I was supposed to give my ex-girlfriend before we broke up. It has our song on it, the song we promised to dance to whenever we heard it. Unfortunately, we broke up before I ever had a chance to give it to her. Now, it has no meaning and is sitting in storage. :roll:

For my wedding, I would work it out with my wife-to-be.

Ouch, sorry to hear that....

song for your wedding ceremony?....RR showed me one of the music video that he would like to have during our wedding ceremony, I fell in love with that song ever since I first heard it, and agreed with him on having it during our wedding ceremony, but a few people say this isn't a wedding song, but we do not want any other wedding songs and wanted something different, and since it was our wedding, we should be the one choosing it ourselves...

Tell me what your opinion is on this....

YouTube - Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On ( video )

"My Heart Will Go On" (Celine Dion)

(Titanic theme)

Every night in my dreams I see you, I feel you
That is how I know you go on.
Far across the distance and spaces between us
You have come to show you go on.
Near, far, wherever you are,
I believe that the heart does go on.
Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heart,
And my heart will go on and on.

Love can touch us one time and last for a lifetime,
And never let go till we're gone.
Love was when I loved you, one true time I hold to
In my life we'll always go on.
Near, far, wherever you are,
I believe that the heart does go on.
Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heart,

You're here, there's nothing I fear
And I know that my heart will go on.
We'll stay forever this way,
You are safe in my heart,

Celine Dion is a female singer not male.... she is a good singer....

Angel...It is your and RR's wedding...Do not let anyone control your own wedding...It is your own wedding.... Go ahead doing what you wish for your own wedding....Your own wedding is something that will keep in your memory...

Um where did I say male? :dunno:...I already knew Celine Dion is a female, I even posted the video of her singing that song...

*nodding* can't say anything more... just about everyone said it...

FC took the words outta my mouth so take FC's advice!

if you're speaking as if she said "agreed with him" she's speaking of agreeing with RR... not sure where it was brought up that she's a he..... :lol:

It is your wedding so whatever the music or song you pick as the wedding dance should reflect you and your future husband. It shoud not reflect your guests at all. Afterall, I'm sure people attended different weddings may have different opinions on their choice of wedding music/song so don't worry about that and *enjoy* your wedding.

Besides how many people including those who oppose the wedding song will remember years from your wedding date? Some may keep it in memory (or on DVD) while most of them forget and move on so keep your choice of the wedding song. :D

Well, just listen to whomever had an opinion about your wedding,but it's not necessary to do what they think you and RR should do or whatever.

The song is nice so you two should use it on wedding day because you both love it and it has some special meaning to you and RR.

Regarding flip flops, pick a pretty sparkly ones for the bridesmaids and they'll look good, but then no one will really notice what's on their feet. They'll thank you for not making them wear heels as they'll have blisters the next day. :)

The point is: It's your day as well RR so you two go ahead with what you had planned on, and give it your best to make it the day you'd dreamed of.

Good luck

it ur and RR decide what yall wanna then keep it and dont listen other people allright :hug:

Well, just listen to whomever had an opinion about your wedding,but it's not necessary to do what they think you and RR should do or whatever.

The song is nice so you two should use it on wedding day because you both love it and it has some special meaning to you and RR.

Regarding flip flops, pick a pretty sparkly ones for the bridesmaids and they'll look good, but then no one will really notice what's on their feet. They'll thank you for not making them wear heels as they'll have blisters the next day. :)

The point is: It's your day as well RR so you two go ahead with what you had planned on, and give it your best to make it the day you'd dreamed of.

Good luck

like i said in my previous post, try to have them "meet" you in the middle... like compromise...
i like her idea/suggestion! what do you think?
:D

*nodding* I agree with all of posts here...

Yes I told you before, Angel that it's your and RR's wedding, not anyone else. It's mainly important that your OWN wish should be fulfilling. That's great that you and RR loves those song... It's your wish, not anyone else...

I really love the song RR and Angel picked out. I love the movie "Titanic" and that song made me cry. It's love that goes on forever and ever. I think it should be in their wedding. Smile!

I know I will really appreciate wearing flip flops at the wedding so that I wud not be jumping up and down from hot ground!! LOL...or have very very sore feet from high heels, no thanks.

oh dear! :(

it sucks! weddings can be stressful -- i have been there and done it... and also heard crazy stories as well!!! :dizzy: cuz so many different people are involved and it makes your head spin... :dizzy:

one thing... who is PAYING FOR THE WEDDING? and also... i think you need to speak up!!! DON'T BE AFRAID!!! i have seen you speak up in here, you got the spine!!! :D

if these people are close to you, why don't you have a heartfelt talk with them and tell them how you feel and that it makes you sad that they are upset.... and you are miserable by keeping quiet and going along with everyone else- and it is not fair to you! :( you shouldn't have to be sad because of them???

i think you need to open up and tell them that you would like to PICK OUT THINGS/PLAN THINGS OUT with THEIR SUPPORT... FOR YOUR WEDDING since it only happens once in a life time... such as that SONG THAT YOU LOVED!!?? and stuff like that?? can you do that?? hang in there girl!!! it will be over before you know it!!! then your life will be back to normal and stressfree! :D

*A*M*E*N*

This description, you made remind me of my wedding at almost 22 years ago... It's stressful and annoy...

My Dad often says "Who pays for wedding" and has the right to invite his friends to my wedding....blah blah.... His 2nd wife (I do not consider her as my step-mother") don't want to have children at my wedding blah blah blah... They treat me unfair and do what they want for my wedding etc... long story... It's really hell... It got my sister mad and scream on them that it's MY wedding, not their wedding...

Wedding and Honeymoon are over, we came home from honeymoon and open our wedding presents... I noticed that I didn't get a card from my Dad... I asked my Dad either any card from him for me because I didn't find it? Guess what... my Dad said that I forget quickly that he pays wedding... I was like Ooohhhh... My hubby & I gave the gifts to Dad and his 2nd wife to thank them for their "work hard" on our wedding... Guess what... they are not happy with this gifts, we gave them because of no jewellery... Fight with Granny over that... It was happened one day before we leave London for good to live in Germany. It really finish me off and can't bear anymore of their talk.... "Who pays wedding"... "You has no appreicate".... how wonderful wedding is.... blah blah blah... They "bullied" my self-esteem...

I stood up myself firm and finished them off in writing that you brag all the time how much you spent our wedding...and Did you tell anyone that my hubby, in-laws & I paid our share of our wedding as well?.. then plus told them that in-laws work hard to decorate our one bedroom apartment, plus flight expense, plus paid our wedding, plus hotel... with no complaint... Have you hear their complaints? Nope... At wedding day, I was your proud daughter but what about the past? My childhood was not happy one... You brag how wonderful wedding are... Where's your respect on my wedding wish? None, it's your wedding, you play with.. Why have you make my life miserable? Don't bother to drive us to airport to say good bye... Do you think it's nice way to say goodbye each other...? I feel much better after wrote a letter... and handle the letter to them... Of course they are shock and phone to Granny... Granny is also shock, too... They are cried... (my sister told me in the letter). Anyway, we left England with no wonderful farewell... You can image how reall pain, I feel...

10 years later, Dad admitted his mistake about our wedding and regret... I forgave him and move on...

This wedding issues remind me of our wedding... that's why I make sure that anyone stand up themselves and firm because it's THEIR wedding and THEIR own wishes, not everyone else period. It's their decision what they want with dresses, foods, etc... All what I do is wear the dress or whatever to fulfill bride's wishes. Their dream wishes should be match prefectly. This is so...

If my boys want to marry oversea, not in Germany or not want church or whatever... I will fulfill their wishes no matter what because its their wedding, not ours.

*A*M*E*N*

This description, you made remind me of my wedding at almost 22 years ago... It's stressful and annoy...

My Dad often says "Who pays for wedding" and has the right to invite his friends to my wedding....blah blah.... His 2nd wife (I do not consider her as my step-mother") don't want to have children at my wedding blah blah blah... They treat me unfair and do what they want for my wedding etc... long story... It's really hell... It got my sister mad and scream on them that it's MY wedding, not their wedding...

Wedding and Honeymoon are over, we came home from honeymoon and open our wedding presents... I noticed that I didn't get a card from my Dad... I asked my Dad either any card from him for me because I didn't find it? Guess what... my Dad said that I forget quickly that he pays wedding... I was like Ooohhhh... My hubby & I gave the gifts to Dad and his 2nd wife to thank them for their "work hard" on our wedding... Guess what... they are not happy with this gifts, we gave them because of no jewellery... Fight with Granny over that... It was happened one day before we leave London for good to live in Germany. It really finish me off and can't bear anymore of their talk.... "Who pays wedding"... "You has no appreicate".... how wonderful wedding is.... blah blah blah... They "bullied" my self-esteem...

I stood up myself firm and finished them off in writing that you brag all the time how much you spent our wedding...and Did you tell anyone that my hubby, in-laws & I paid our share of our wedding as well?.. then plus told them that in-laws work hard to decorate our one bedroom apartment, plus flight expense, plus paid our wedding, plus hotel... with no complaint... Have you hear their complaints? Nope... At wedding day, I was your proud daughter but what about the past? My childhood was not happy one... You brag how wonderful wedding are... Where's your respect on my wedding wish? None, it's your wedding, you play with.. Why have you make my life miserable? Don't bother to drive us to airport to say good bye... Do you think it's nice way to say goodbye each other...? I feel much better after wrote a letter... and handle the letter to them... Of course they are shock and phone to Granny... Granny is also shock, too... They are cried... (my sister told me in the letter). Anyway, we left England with no wonderful farewell... You can image how reall pain, I feel...

10 years later, Dad admitted his mistake about our wedding and regret... I forgave him and move on...

This wedding issues remind me of our wedding... that's why I make sure that anyone stand up themselves and firm because it's THEIR wedding and THEIR own wishes, not everyone else period. It's their decision what they want with dresses, foods, etc... All what I do is wear the dress or whatever to fulfill bride's wishes. Their dream wishes should be match prefectly. This is so...

If my boys want to marry oversea, not in Germany or not want church or whatever... I will fulfill their wishes no matter what because its their wedding, not ours.

wow, that is interesting about your story wedding.
I do unterstand, sometimes friends of mine they always got disappoint after to marry. Their parents blame it or whatever.
Dear Liebling, I am glad that you have been to be strong and proud of yourself. When you did take good decided. *hut ab* I know, its not easy to separate with your Parents, but it is your life.

Same Angel, She shouldnt have listen to other. It is just to way of Angel and his future Husband.

Good luck

Angel already made her decision to have her bridesmaids wear feather flip flops

yeah but she was stressed.. Have you read first her comment previously scroll up.. you'll understand!

DeafMonkey is correct, I have not changed my mind....My wedding is a heaven style and feathers flip flops are what I had in mind for the bridesmaids to wear....

Back