Would you call me a loser?

alwaysandalways

Reaction score
So I never had a boyfriend and I am 30 years old. I don't believe I am horribly ugly- probably just not a supermodel. People are shocked by it. I personally am a bit sad sometimes. I think it is because... oh I don't know anymore. I don't really like the bar scene and live in a small town. I think things like match.com are depressing because once a guy goes on a date with me they run for the hills. I would love to just go on a date. Heck even just chating and getting to know someone then dating. ya know what I mean? Must be Saturday- always get down on date nights :(

BTW I am hearing and no I am not looking just to date a Deaf guy. That is not why I posted this. However I do agree a lot of girls seem to be looking for that on this thread.

I wouldn't call you a loser.

Don't let others define who you are. Being single isn't the end of the world. Make the best out of your time, and have FUN! Get involved in activities around the town, or start developing some hobbies, and you will meet people with common interests. If still no dating life, no biggie cuz you are having fun and enjoying life, right?

Ur town have a library?....Ever tried being a volunteer?...(hospitals, schools, colleges, etc., even Habit for Humanity). Great place to meet people.....

alwaysandalways: have you considered "Checking out" Singles dances in your area? They are hardly for losers.

There are many books in the public library re your situation to consider.
MY user name has one: Love Smart Dr Phil McGraw PhD. Free Press New York 2005

Good luck in you new journey.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

AlwaysandAlways, join the club. I dated a bit in college, but nobody who ever really sparked anything. I have had close friends, and am involved in the world's most confusing friendship right now. But I don't have anyone and have never had a serious significent other :(

AlwaysandAlways, join the club. I dated a bit in college, but nobody who ever really sparked anything. I have had close friends, and am involved in the world's most confusing friendship right now. But I don't have anyone and have never had a serious significent other :(
confusing? friendship?

you mean.... Friends With Benefit..

what would be a reason for that?

Honestly- I think it is because I work for a Church and am religious. Most guys lied on their match profile because they would say Catholic- always attend church. never smoke.

They would go on the date with me smoking and never attend a church. My faith is important to me.

Some guys on the date though I didn't like either. I'm someone you have to get to know. I am sort of silly haha

I have had close friends, and am involved in the world's most confusing friendship right now.

I know this feeling... The sad part is realizing that the friendship will never go back to what it was before..

Mmmm...this remind me of something... what is it.... oh 30 Years Old Virgin!!

Ok ok ok..I'm bad...just kidding....

No, you are not a loser, you just live by choice and you still have plenty of time to find the right one. I know sometime you feel lonely but you haven't try to go places where there's deaf church or deaf events... or you can even try DSC (Deaf Single Connections) if you are smart enough how to do "catch 22" when communicating with deaf people. And best yet talk through VP if you have one.

There's is no rush at all, if you enjoyed doing things now outweigh your lonelyness.

Edited: Just saw that you are hearing, but either way deaf events or hearing events, or go to library pick up lot of books and sit down and read... I get hit once a while when I'm reading a book in Borders (usually for like 4 hours, cuz I love books) and whenever she see me reading that book, she usually asked me..."Hi, I just saw you reading that books and what you think of it? I just finished read that book!" and then we carry on our conversations.

Honestly- I think it is because I work for a Church and am religious. Most guys lied on their match profile because they would say Catholic- always attend church. never smoke.

They would go on the date with me smoking and never attend a church. My faith is important to me.

Some guys on the date though I didn't like either. I'm someone you have to get to know. I am sort of silly haha

So actually it is not "all of them running for the hills"?

Also a suggestion would be to date within your church.

It seems Berlin is a small town, and you want a guy who is in the same thing you are into -- find them at the places you attend to your interests at.

there you go. they run for the hills because they're a liar! and a jerk.

Sorry to hear about the issue. You know how lot of guys are. :( Don't give up hope and you will find someone someday.

Actually it was the 40 year old Virgin and I think that is besides the point :(

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I just googled 30 and never had a boyfriend and tons of blogs poped up. So I guess I am not alone

My girlfriend didn't start dating until she was in her late 20s and we have talked about wanting to marry in the near future.

You're what you think. If you think you are a loser, then you're right. You're a loser. If you don't think you're a loser, then you aren't a loser.

There are perks of dating late, I would suppose. Have fun. Enjoy!!

My girlfriend didn't start dating until she was in her late 20s and we have talked about wanting to marry in the near future.

You're what you think. If you think you are a loser, then you're right. You're a loser. If you don't think you're a loser, then you aren't a loser.

There are perks of dating late, I would suppose. Have fun. Enjoy!!

:ty: I forgot that. If I see myself as a loser than I am. I don't really see myself as a loser and maybe I need more positive thinking :) :wave:

Back