Worst doctor/ audiologist/gp etc

She stopped, looked at me and said "you don't sound like you are deaf".

, "are you really deaf because you don't sound like it."
they prolly meant you don't sound like you have a "deaf" voice.

i once had an endo. that got his medical students in front of me and they would comment all day on my blindness, and being a medical miracle... maybe... but not that guys miracle.

i once had an endo. that got his medical students in front of me and they would comment all day on my blindness, and being a medical miracle... maybe... but not that guys miracle.

if that happened to me, i would have been p*ssed.

don't you get tired of talking about blindness all the time (when people ask you to)? it's almost as if some people think those of us who are blind can't talk about anything else. :roll:

don't you get tired of talking about blindness all the time (when people ask you to)? it's almost as if some people think those of us who are blind can't talk about anything else. :roll:

i know, it really ticks me off.

I took my hearing aids back to the audi because they would only switch off by opening the battery compartment. I asked if they could be programmed to switch off using the program button, because when I connect my audio input shoes everyone was telling me they whistled really loudly. He said that it couldn't be done, but I knew full well that it could. He went off to ask someone else about it and eventually said he would do it. It took him ages and afterwards he said he'd never done that before!

i know. it does p*ss me off. And when people think just because im blind i cant do ASL... um... then how do deaf blind people do it...

i know. it does p*ss me off. And when people think just because im blind i cant do ASL... um... then how do deaf blind people do it...

yeah, no kidding. and we're suppossossed to call these people professionals?

just today i had a nurse lean over and shout directly into one of my ears. i always like to indicate that i'm hard of hearing on my paperwork just in case i have difficulty hearing due to background noise.

yeah, no kidding. and we're suppossossed to call these people professionals?

just today i had a nurse lean over and shout directly into one of my ears. i always like to indicate that i'm hard of hearing on my paperwork just in case i have difficulty hearing due to background noise.

:topic:
Glad to see you back in the forum and posting again. I hope your visit with the nurse didn't mean there was a medical problem, but rather hope it was a check-up of some sort.
ET

:topic:
Glad to see you back in the forum and posting again. I hope your visit with the nurse didn't mean there was a medical problem, but rather hope it was a check-up of some sort.
ET

thanks et! it's good to be back! :)

Back