word game

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true.

Off-topic...

I don't know how much you can see, but are you learning signs visually or tactually?

im doing it visually, and my teacher is pretty good about staying where i can see her but i am considering using an interpreter closer to me next semester because i am noticing my vision changing.

im doing it visually, and my teacher is pretty good about staying where i can see her but i am considering using an interpreter closer to me next semester because i am noticing my vision changing.

That sounds like a good idea to me. At least the terp can help demonstrate each sign to you at close range and/or tactually to make sure you don't miss anything visually.

That sounds like a good idea to me. At least the terp can help demonstrate each sign to you at close range and/or tactually to make sure you don't miss anything visually.

yup, because like the other day we were learning the sign for retire, and i had to demonstrate, and she finally had to come physically place my hands where they needed to be. i felt retarded.

yup, because like the other day we were learning the sign for retire, and i had to demonstrate, and she finally had to come physically place my hands where they needed to be. i felt retarded.

Try not to feel bad. That kind of thing happens even to sighted students. I know it happened to me quite a bit when I started learning sign in 1995.

Try not to feel bad. That kind of thing happens even to sighted students. I know it happened to me quite a bit when I started learning sign in 1995.

Yep, it does happen a lot, thats why i like the lab, because i can sit six inches away from the lab people and see fantastic.

Yep, it does happen a lot, thats why i like the lab, because i can sit six inches away from the lab people and see fantastic.

That's cool. Does your ASL teacher wear dark clothing so that his/her hands contrast making them easier to see? If not, I would make that request since you're entitled to that accommodation under the ADA.

That's cool. Does your ASL teacher wear dark clothing so that his/her hands contrast making them easier to see? If not, I would make that request since you're entitled to that accommodation under the ADA.

i would and i have thought about it, but i really dont like to impose on people.

i would and i have thought about it, but i really dont like to impose on people.

I'm sure your teacher wouldn't mind. One of my professors wears a blazer every week so that she has a pocket to put my FM transmitter in. She doesn't mind doing that at all. Of course, I never asked her to...she offered.

I'm sure your teacher wouldn't mind. One of my professors wears a blazer so that she has a pocket to put my FM system in. She doesn't mind doing that at all. Of course, I never asked her to...she offered.

thats coolness. I guess i am just too timid. out of curiosity are you totally blind or partially? i have 20/200 and a 20 degree field and light perception in my left eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back