Woojer - Feel the Sound

.....the father of a hearing impaired 3rd Grader who was part of the intial evaluation/testing of this product and we really want it to make it to market - so everyone can benefit. I know that they already tried it at Disney with the Assistive Listening Device and the feedback was very positive.

.....the father of a hearing impaired 3rd Grader who was part of the intial evaluation/testing of this product and we really want it to make it to market - so everyone can benefit. I know that they already tried it at Disney with the Assistive Listening Device and the feedback was very positive.

If one is profoundly deaf enough to have no ability to appreciate music, this doesn't seem like it would be very entertaining.
It's pretty easy to feel waves of bass naturally on your skin, and I really can't see the value of this invention.

What about a First Person Shooter game? or an action scene in a movie.
It makes a world of difference.

What about a First Person Shooter game? or an action scene in a movie.
It makes a world of difference.

No. I think I am a lot better at that type of game as not distracted by sound.

"S", If the goal is a higher score you are probably right.
If the purpose is to have fun - you are most definitely wrong.

As a hearing person what rights were imposed upon you to decide what is right or wrong for the deaf population?

I am in agreement with Bottesini. Some people have completely no relationship with sounds, and for some it, the sounds and vibrations, irritates them.

Alive.
You are completely right. It was a bit of arrogance....but I was basing my comment on the reaction I have seen from the DHH community (especially teens) to demos of this product during their development process.
You'll have a chance to decide for yourself. The Woojer FB page declares that a Kickstarter campaign is immenent.

Back