Women Only! Bloody Hell!

oh my god what have I done? I shouldn't have gotten too noisy

Wirelessly posted (droid)

The guys can stay if they are brave enough to be here. Usually, this topc scares them off. LOL

Thanks for that link babyblue. I've had a full thyroid panel recently so I won't worry about any other tests.

The medication is a chemo drug used at low doses by rheumatologists. In my case, I have bone issues. Trying to save my hands and wrists.

The drug is an antifolate and that's why it is used for etopic pregnancy. It stops the embryo growth that would rupture a fallopian tube. Obviously, the drug is containdicated for pregnancy.

No chance of pregnancy here. Bleeding too heavy for that. I'm going to see my GP first. Recently, she did a pal smear and results were normal.

Thanks for the feedback. I learned a couple of important things here.

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted (droid)

The guys can stay if they are brave enough to be here. Usually, this topc scares them off. LOL

Thanks for that link babyblue. I've had a full thyroid panel recently so I won't worry about any other tests.

The medication is a chemo drug used at low doses by rheumatologists. In my case, I have bone issues. Trying to save my hands and wrists.

The drug is an antifolate and that's why it is used for etopic pregnancy. It stops the embryo growth that would rupture a fallopian tube. Obviously, the drug is containdicated for pregnancy.

No chance of pregnancy here. Bleeding too heavy for that. I'm going to see my GP first. Recently, she did a pal smear and results were normal.

Thanks for the feedback. I learned a couple of important things here.
Did you had ultrasound? I had ultrasound on my ovary and found out that I had a cyst but it was dried. Also see if you have fibriod on your ovary or somewhere, it usually caused heavy bleeding. Every woman expeirence differently. Wish you a good luck on this one, no woman like this at all.

Wirelessly posted

I bled for 3 half months straight when starting bc and havent had period since (3 years now) and I'm not getting off it lol cuz when I do have period its literally disabling me for first 4 days (9 days period for me since age 12) I couldnt do anything but stuck in fetal position in bed with 2 heating pad on high and pop tylenols yuck. And now I have endometrosis, multiple cysts on ovaries, HPV (not warts or harmless type, the cancer causing type) I think I have polycystic ovary syndrome but never got diagnosed tho. and on top of them, I cant have sex because its too painful in my left side :( doctor doesnt care enough to explore whats wrong with my ladies parts thinking I'd try find other gyn that accept medicare and care enough to cure me from female pain

my mum does bleed for months sometime but she is nearly reaching the age of when her mum started her menopause, I think it was 48, she's two years to go.

I had a problem similar to yours when I was in my early 20s, I wouldn't stop bleeding for a month and when I finally told my parents about it they had me see a gynologist. I had to have a d&c to have my fiberoids removed. They were causing excessive bleeding. I dunno if that's your problem but it's worth consulting a gyncologist.

I am blissfully postmenopausal. I cant think of this without thinking of a certain scene in Fried Green Tomatoes....

I did the same thing as you and one day used a bath towel with my padding till I could get to the doc. (Back in the saddle again song in my head) She gave me a little scrape and like Jillio, a no anesthetic biopsy. Grrrrrrr

How is your mood? Any swinging or lingering or unusual moods? Energy levels? Appetite? Hair growth? (other than head like lip and chin..) Hair loss? Head and lower levels?

If your mama isnt around to ask, then do ask your doctor. Why bother with a home test, because if it is positive you will want to see your doctor, and if it is negative you will want to see your doctor... but really, I hope you see your doctor.

Let us know and hugs if you can bear them at this time. (?) Hope you are much, much better soon.

I got such a giggle from that silly Jiro.... hahahha

I went to see my doctor and she wants to wait and see if I get a normal period. If not, I'll get an ultrasound. A reasonable plan to me.

I've been tested and poked on for the last 9 months. I've had a compelte work up and all of my test results were within normal range. Still no diagnosis after about 15 months. I'm going to keep hobbling along and hope for the best. lol

Wait, 15 months of this and she still wants to wait another month to do an ultrasound???

I'm not following the rationale there...

Sorry I wasn't clear. I bleed on and off for a month. It's been 15 months trying to get a diagnosis for all of my other issues. I'm doctored out.

Ah, makes more sense that way.

I hope you get an answer sooner than later. Speaking from my own experience - I put off having the needed surgery for a long time, and really paid the price in quality of life issues.

But the upside was that I found a doctor near Atlanta who does it using the laporoscopic method, so recovery was really quick as compared to the "slice 'em open" method. Scars were tiny and have by now virtually disappeared.

Just wanted to toss that out to you to file away in your thinking, should you need surgery after all.

After having a number of years with temperamental monthlies, I am finally slowing down I think. I had a heavy 3 day 2 months ago, then nothing for a month, then 3 days of spotting and that's all for the last 3 months. I have had 10 years of hot flashes, zits on my upper back, hair falling out worse and all. Doctor said it was periomenopause. I was told in a follow-up after my 2nd C-section to plan for it to come early in life as when they did my tubal, they cut too short. I will be so glad when all is said and done!! I am 48 now. Mom was 57 when she finished.

Back