Women in Christianity

Status
Not open for further replies.
MT, what I said it isn't false, bec its been a while to know the numbers of the members and its been changing and some growing some losing and its not all the same yearly. Reba, I'm surprise about independence not in the list of denomination bec not heirarchy. That's interesting note

Y said:
Maybe so.. but we must remember that God is always Perfect
with everything Right ? Therefore, if PERFECT then
"some improvement" was not necessary about creating Eve
as the second person in a little inferior way as part of
His Plan.
Why would someone who is perfect create something inferionr. Nope. Just made up by men in order to supress women.
According to the myth, Jesus lived in accordance to his fathers will. He respected women and treated the equally, like he was expected to do.

"In this world women have to be twice as good as men in order to be respected...... fortunately, this is not a problem at all!"
Unknown

Reba said:
de·nom·i·na·tion n.
A large group of religious congregations united under a common faith and name and organized under a single administrative and legal hierarchy.

According to the dictionary, that is the definition of a religious denomination. That's why independent Baptists are not included in "denomination" stats because they have no hierarchy.
As a group, Baptists with an affiliated heirarchy and those with no affiliated heirarchy are still generally considered part of the same denomination, but those with no particular affiliation are difficult to measure. I myself belong to a rather small denomination. But - we are waaaaaaay OT here, so we can take this up in another thread if it's important enough to keep discussing.

Rose Immortal said:
To NOT have a romantic relationship with her shows a much GREATER love.

Yeah, This does make sense....

Rose Immortal said:
There's a key part of the Genesis description that you're missing, when you compare with other "creation" descriptions from other religions of that time.

Other creation legends showed the man being made out of one set of materials--and the woman created out of a different, inferior set of materials...in other words, she was being shown to be less than human (as in, man). The Genesis description is VERY strikingly different from that in that the man and the woman are made of the same substance.

If the word "inferior" is mentioned here, that means un-equal.
I recalled that Eve was created with less number of ribs than Adam.
What does this mean to you ?

Rose Immortal said:
Also, I think the reason that Adam was created first was actually so that he could experience what it was like to NOT have a mate, to realize just how incomplete he was without Eve...to realize that not only did he need a companion, but that he would need to treat her with dignity as an equal partner because they would be dependent on each other for fulfillment in life. This is the lesson society then went and forgot after the sins disrupted the equilibrium that was supposed to be there.

I'm trying to look for "Equal Partner" in the Bible without
much success.... Please show me verse, thanks :)

Y said:
Read the Book of Ruth and tell me what you think.

I love Book of Ruth and not only that, even a story of Esther is also a beautiful story

CyberRed said:
That's not true. Mary magdelene was NEVER His wife, because Jesus is pure sinless man. He don't have the lust for a woman like you in the flesh - because, you are a sinner like the rest of us.

You got that idea that Mary was His wife from the fiction book called " Da Vinci Code ". That book was NEVER non-fiction as people would like to believe

Nobody knows either our bible or whatever are correct or not...

Example: JW's bible says that God give Jesus free to choose whatever he likes... He can marry and have children if he want to but Jesus choose to not do that.

Like what I said that how do we know either our bible are correct or not...

CyberRed said:
Hey - you have to learn to accept everyone's difference. Respect everyone's POV in despite of their difference. You can't expect everyone to bend over to believe in your own way.

Well, you can't expect anyone to agree with you and follow your way. If anyone want to say something then they are allow to say. Remember, everyone entitled their opinions why they disagree with you.

Y said:
The reason why I believe that God do NOT want
the Exact Equality between Men and Women:

Look why did God create Adam FIRST, and then Eve ?

If God want Equality, then He could have created
both Adam and Eve at the SAME Time as Equal.

I would suggest you to read this link and tell me what do you think of this? Is this link correct?

Created in God's Image
http://www.newhope.bc.ca/97-05-11.htm

You also as well, CyerRed.

CyberRed said:
That's YOUR contribute. I just stated my belief as I see it fit. I've seen soo many women beatin' up on husbands/bfs/spouses/lovers. Long ago, it was men beatin' up on women and, now it is women beatin' up on men. Women gettin' bossy nowdays. Women want to get even/equal with men. I don't think God would like to see that. God can see how it affect His Church.

soo many?

I would suggest you to check domestic violence statistic to compare husbands and wives abuse.

Of course, a man should treat a woman like he would treat a fragile vase with care without breakin' it. That's what Jesus taught in His Ancient time. Women shouldn't act like men when bein' in control over things.

There were times I like to see gentlemen to open the door for women with respect - but, there isn't anywhere to be seen like this anymore. What happened to it ?

Who cares about door? It sound to me that you expect too much from your man, don't you? Where is your respect for your man?

I expect man and woman should be treat equal. I treat my husband as special as he to me as well. Its about respect and manner way. I don't care about door... I'm not queen or my husband is not Master...

All that respect is gone ! Know why ? Because, women takes over and control things. Always naggin' about things makin' men at bay. Too much complaints.

wow, I remember your posts in other threads that you support death penalty because they deserve it for hurt their partners to death... Right?

Now you said different here and blame woman for disrespectful, nagging, complaints etc. It seem to me that you think it's women's fault for being beat up by men over that.. Right?

There aren't many 50, 60, or more years of marriage. Divorce is growin'. Marriage is null, because it don't last long and many of them want to live together without marriages. That's ungodly in the eyes of God nowdays, because of their disobedience.

Should we women :bowdown: and say yes Sir to men? No, disobedience is not divorce reason... Its about respect, not obedience. Man and Woman should show respect each other and share their feeling and mind equal instead of obedience...

I thought you are Christian, not Islamic Belief?

I don't agree with ya with your POV/opinion.

Me either. :)

Last edited:
MorriganTait said:
I do. God wants ALL his children to live as equals. That was Jesus' message.

Who cares about a freakin' door? I want equal pay and equal status. The door opening is so totally irrelevant.

:gpost: :thumb:

Liebling:-))) said:
Nobody knows either our bible or whatever are correct or not...

Example: JW's bible says that God give Jesus free to choose whatever he likes... He can marry and have children if he want to but Jesus choose to not do that.
Like what I said that how do we know either our bible are correct or not...

That's JW's beliefs. They believe in marryin' more than one wife, if I recall what is right. IF, that's what they believe about Jesus' choices that Jesus could marry -- I most definitely don't think if Jesus will go for marriage, because He is God. He don't have a SINGLE SIN in Him for Him to marry.

IF, He really marry -- then, there will be NO Kingdom of God to have an Eternal Life, because Heaven has NO place for sex, thief, lies, and many sins you could name it. NO sins are allowed in Heaven.

IF, He really marry - then, He will NOT died on the Cross for all of us, because people in His Ancient time will feel that Jesus is an equal with them like they are sinners as He.

Sin is somethin' you should think about who Jesus really is. I don't find any account of where His sin is in the Holy Bible. No wonder why people in His Ancient time killed Him, because they don't feel an equal with Him for He is Supreme Bein' --- above than them all. He healed people to make them well. People don't have that. He taught them and the people grew in numbers and followed Him, the Pharisees/Scribes don't have that kind of power of " voice " like Jesus have. Pharisees/Scribes were jealous of Jesus' Wise and managed so well.

Jesus is very smart than any of us, includin' you. Maybe, it is not the right word of sayin' " smart " but, more wiser without makin' a single mistake. We are stupid, because we make many mistakes.... we stumble soo many times after tryin' one after another to make things better. It's why we have Jesus to be here to HELP us to become better persons. It's why we have the Word of God speakin' to us.

soo many? I would suggest you to check domestic violence statistic to compare husbands and wives abuse.

Yes, soo many. It's growin'.
It doesn't matter which one is more worse. I don't count on Domestic Violence Statistic to compare husbands and wives abuse. Do you know why ? Because that " abuse " is totally WRONG. I mean, for BOTH of men and women.
And, about respectin' -- I don't think you get it. That's the man's way of showin' himself bein' a gentleman to honor his wife/gf. To show love. It doesn't mean that I expect too much from my man. There's none whatsoever. It's just the old-fashioned way in old days. Maybe, you never seen one in Germany.. hmm ? :-\

About death -- Yes, I support death penalty for their crime. It's WRONG for men to kill women, too - NOT just women kill men. Both of them should receive the same punishment.

About the divorce -- To be honest with you, Jesus HATE divorce. Divorce breaks vow. I am not sayin' that women should stay with an abusive men nor men should stay with an abusive women. I am sayin' that I've SEEN women complaints, naggin', and all. I know about women too well. I even know about men, too. I never said that I blame them. Both men and women have the same faults. No exceptions. FYI, I ain't NO Islamic - alright ? I am just straight Christian.

Me either. :)

Well, you can't expect anyone to agree with you and follow your way. If anyone want to say something then they are allow to say. Remember, everyone entitled their opinions why they disagree with you.

Of course, I know that. It's not necessary for you to tell me. I am a BIG girl and I know what I am doin', because I don't use that kind of language he said to Christians.

They are more than welcome to disagree with me. I have no problem with that. ;)

CyberRed said:
That's JW's beliefs. They believe in marryin' more than one wife, if I recall what is right. IF, that's what they believe about Jesus' choices that Jesus could marry -- I most definitely don't think if Jesus will go for marriage, because He is God. He don't have a SINGLE SIN in Him for Him to marry.

I would like to correct you about JW belief. No, JW do not beleive for have many wives. Jesus can marry and have children if he want to but Jesus choose not do that. Jesus is not God but son of God.

Accord to different bibles that man is allow to marry more than one wife and have servants. That's why Islam follow and still allow to have many wives.

IF, He really marry -- then, there will be NO Kingdom of God to have an Eternal Life, because Heaven has NO place for sex, thief, lies, and many sins you could name it. NO sins are allowed in Heaven.

IF, He really marry - then, He will NOT died on the Cross for all of us, because people in His Ancient time will feel that Jesus is an equal with them like they are sinners as He.

Sin is somethin' you should think about who Jesus really is. I don't find any account of where His sin is in the Holy Bible. No wonder why people in His Ancient time killed Him, because they don't feel an equal with Him for He is Supreme Bein' --- above than them all. He healed people to make them well. People don't have that. He taught them and the people grew in numbers and followed Him, the Pharisees/Scribes don't have that kind of power of " voice " like Jesus have. Pharisees/Scribes were jealous of Jesus' Wise and managed so well.

:confused:

Jesus is very smart than any of us, includin' you. Maybe, it is not the right word of sayin' " smart " but, more wiser without makin' a single mistake. We are stupid, because we make many mistakes.... we stumble soo many times after tryin' one after another to make things better. It's why we have Jesus to be here to HELP us to become better persons. It's why we have the Word of God speakin' to us.

:confused: Sure, we know nobody are prefect but it doesn't mean that we are stupid because we make mistakes.

Y said:
If the word "inferior" is mentioned here, that means un-equal.
I recalled that Eve was created with less number of ribs than Adam.
What does this mean to you ?

That Eve is physiologically different (and anyone would acknowledge that--we all know men and women have some different parts). It says nothing about her mind or spirit which are the important issues...and you'll note that it was God who breathed the same life into both.

See the two verses I cited in my initial post from this thread, the one from Song of Solomon and the one for Galatians. Consider that Song of Solomon is a description of Godly marriage, including physical love, and that Galatians is describing the work intended to follow that--which is that of Jesus' kingdom as it's founded on Earth.

soo many? I would suggest you to check domestic violence statistic to compare husbands and wives abuse.

CyerRed's post

Yes, soo many. It's growin'.
It doesn't matter which one is more worse. I don't count on Domestic Violence Statistic to compare husbands and wives abuse. Do you know why ? Because that " abuse " is totally WRONG. I mean, for BOTH of men and women.

Yes, abuse is wrong but I only suggest you to check domestic violence statistic to compare husbands and wives abuse because you said "soo many" women abuse their men.

And, about respectin' -- I don't think you get it. That's the man's way of showin' himself bein' a gentleman to honor his wife/gf. To show love. It doesn't mean that I expect too much from my man. There's none whatsoever. It's just the old-fashioned way in old days. Maybe, you never seen one in Germany.. hmm ? :-\

:confused:

You are the one who complaint about the door, not us. Nobody here cares about door but you! We cares is respect and manner.

It's not just door but show loving and respect in many things in manner way. For your information, we know how to treat our partners in loving and respect manner. :)

please re-read my previous post.

Liebling:)))'s post
Who cares about door? It sound to me that you expect too much from your man, don't you? Where is your respect for your man?

I expect man and woman should be treat equal. I treat my husband as special as he to me as well. Its about respect and manner way. I don't care about door... I'm not queen or my husband is not Master...

Oh I see that the door is mainly important to you than show your respect on your man. I open the door for my husband go in as the same as he open the door for me go in. We are equal and know our respect and manner. ;)

About death -- Yes, I support death penalty for their crime. It's WRONG for men to kill women, too - NOT just women kill men. Both of them should receive the same punishment.

But you gave women the fault for nagging, complaint, etc. here.

Both men and women have the same faults. No exceptions.

Yes

FYI, I ain't NO Islamic - alright ? I am just straight Christian.

I thought because you don't beleive in woman rights and do not consider them as equal.

MorriganTait said:
As a group, Baptists with an affiliated heirarchy and those with no affiliated heirarchy are still generally considered part of the same denomination, but those with no particular affiliation are difficult to measure. I myself belong to a rather small denomination. But - we are waaaaaaay OT here, so we can take this up in another thread if it's important enough to keep discussing.
Sorry about :topic:

I was just trying to explain that independent Baptist churches aren't included in the list because their churches do not belong to a hierarchy, so they aren't counted as a "denomination". They don't belong to any of these groups, such as:

American Baptist Association
American Baptist Churches in the USA
Association of Grace Baptist Churches
Baptist Bible Fellowship International
Baptist General Conference
Free Will Baptists
General Association of General Baptists
General Association of Regular Baptist Churches
Landmark Baptists
National Baptist Convention, U.S.A.
North American Baptist Conference
Old Baptist Union
Primitive Baptists
Seventh Day Baptists
Southern Baptist Convention

So whatever figures anyone uses, or statements about "Baptist" beliefs or perspectives about women, don't apply to all "Baptists".

According to Encarta:

"In the early 21st century, there were an estimated 47 million Baptists worldwide; the great majority of these (more than 35 million in 2004) are located in the United States, where they make up between one-third and one-half of the Protestant population."

For whatever that's worth. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back