woman banned from Borders for insult Bush

Bush_in_2004! said:
lets stay focused . . . this has nothing to do with george bush. I don't think georgie told Borders to BAN this person. I think Borders did this on their own.

Next time you go to Borders just ask to speak to the manager and tell him/her that you didn't like what they did and if they keep this up you'll buy your new books at Barnes and Noble instead.

(You might also want to complain about new DVDs without captioning too. Borders is a major buyer of DVDs and they can use their clout to force producers to CC their movies. If all you do is pout in forums, nothing will get done!:D )
Got substantial evidence that indicates DVD’s lack of closed captioning? I want to read that.

Here's the proof that George W. Bush has chicken legs. Not only that, he like to pick on the dogs too.

:rofl: that's funny, Banjo!!! Bush truly DOES have chicken legs!! Oooer, they look yummy...me finks I'll cut em off and have em for my meal! ;)

LinuxGold sez: "Got substantial evidence that indicates DVD’s lack of closed captioning? I want to read that."

me: you betcha, a large percentage (most?) DVDs are uncaptioned! WTF??!! you're saying about now . . . its true. You probably only rent (buy) blockbusters at Blockbusters or Hollywood Nazivideo, but if you look at the bottom shelf, many of the small movies (independently made) are not captioned. Most independently made movies are not even available at your video stores -- these are available from amazon.com, et al, and most of em uncaptioned.

Here are some of the larger small distributors who produce/distribute uncaptioned films -- DocuRama, NewVideo, NewYork Video, IFC Films, Fox-Lorber, Studio-Canal, Troma, Diamond Entertainment, CBS-DVD (The TwilightZone uncaptioned!!), and plenty more. Plus there are the cable outlets that don't caption everything -- A&E, History Channel, et al. Old TV shows now on DVD -- uncaptioned.

We've a long way to go unless you're satisfied with just the Hulks, Giglis and Battlefield Earths.

Bush_in_2004! said:
LinuxGold sez: "Got substantial evidence that indicates DVD’s lack of closed captioning? I want to read that."

me: you betcha, a large percentage (most?) DVDs are uncaptioned! WTF??!! you're saying about now . . . its true. You probably only rent (buy) blockbusters at Blockbusters or Hollywood Nazivideo, but if you look at the bottom shelf, many of the small movies (independently made) are not captioned. Most independently made movies are not even available at your video stores -- these are available from amazon.com, et al, and most of em uncaptioned.

Here are some of the larger small distributors who produce/distribute uncaptioned films -- DocuRama, NewVideo, NewYork Video, IFC Films, Fox-Lorber, Studio-Canal, Troma, Diamond Entertainment, CBS-DVD (The TwilightZone uncaptioned!!), and plenty more. Plus there are the cable outlets that don't caption everything -- A&E, History Channel, et al. Old TV shows now on DVD -- uncaptioned.

We've a long way to go unless you're satisfied with just the Hulks, Giglis and Battlefield Earths.

What Bush is saying is the naked truth. Myself, I am a DVD avid collector. It is true that a lot of DVD publishers does not caption their movies.

A&E, yes... they don't caption anything at all. Not even subtitles.

The Twilight Zone, I was very disappointed to hear that. Tsk tsk.

But a lot of DVD players also do block out signals for closed captioning too.

"The Twilight Zone, I was very disappointed to hear that. Tsk tsk."

here's whats laughable, the VHS set WAS CAPTIONED! (We have it. I bought the DVDs for my wife because she's worn out the tapes)

CBS-DVD: SHAME, SHAME ON YOU!!!!

Bush_in_2004! said:
"The Twilight Zone, I was very disappointed to hear that. Tsk tsk."

here's whats laughable, the VHS set WAS CAPTIONED! (We have it. I bought the DVDs for my wife because she's worn out the tapes)

CBS-DVD: SHAME, SHAME ON YOU!!!!

I do remember the VHS being captioned because I've rented these videos before when I was younger.

Yes, it's such a shame.

It's obvious that I am not vivid DVD collector nowadays.... It's a shame.

Back