Wireless Routers

x10oT

Reaction score
Which wireless router is best? I guess D-Link Xtreme 108 Mbps wireless router is the best one?

personally i have had dlink wireless router and dlink modem last fall. they lived shortly!!! :pissed:
i replaced them with linksys' modem and wireless router which work super.

I'm currently using Linksys Wireless-B. I don't know if it's considered the best, but I say it's easy to setup and it works perfectly.

I'm using wireless, but it seems that so many people in this neighbourhood has wireless. It's too easy to link onto neighbour's wireless network. I rather use cable modem.

kuifje75 said:
I'm using wireless, but it seems that so many people in this neighbourhood has wireless. It's too easy to link onto neighbour's wireless network. I rather use cable modem.

yea same with me but you should be fine as long as your WEP is on. WEP is a MUST !

I use both WPA and MAC Address Verification. That way, it is harder to break in.

WEP is a protocol that adds security to wireless local area networks (WLANs) based on the 802.11 Wi-Fi standard. WEP is an OSI Data Link layer (Layer 2) security technology that can be turned "on" or "off." WEP was designed to give wireless networks the equivalent level of privacy protection as a comparable wired network.

WAP - the Wireless Application Protocol - defines a network architecture for content delivery over wireless networks. Central to the design of WAP is a network stack based on the OSI model. WAP implements several new networking protocols that perform functions similar to the well-known Web protocols HTTP, TCP, and SSL.

Back