Votes: 5 12.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • In Future not now

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • Never

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters
windows XP has been out for 6 years and we still get 'critical updates' for it about every 8 weeks. In 2005 we were getting critical updates for XP every two weeks.

I will wait at least 3 years to get windows vista. And then I will get it when I get a new computer with it already installed.

If you want to set upgrade. The cost for home basic (window vista) cost about 140.00. Not bad. But I warning you need to check and test the compare your computer desktop what your hardware need, program can do or not. If you not make upgrade, then you need to get a new one. It about 250.00. :O Not too expensive. It was pretty good.

My RCL test not pass. :( So I have to wait to set upgrade.

I saw that at walmart the other day.. i didn't feel confident in that yet. but perhaps in the future? who knows. first it was 95, 98, xp.. now what?

Oh yeah like next next next *thud* lol and also there one or more than one are windows me and window 2000 I think but I only know is windows me :)

My 2nd sister dislike windows xp so she is only stick with Windows 98 that it. :)

Tired of being switch 95 then 98 then 2000 professional then er um.. winxp then what next ? Oh please... Monopolized companies want smell your pocket!

I have been using a Windows Vista ulimate RC 1 (32 Bit) for two weeks now. :cool: Yes this OS is huge hungry, it loves memory. The best recommend is 2GB (I have 1.5GB). This OS is a BADASS. :afro:

I have been using a Windows Vista ulimate RC 1 (32 Bit) for two weeks now. :cool: Yes this OS is huge hungry, it loves memory. The best recommend is 2GB (I have 1.5GB). This OS is a BADASS. :afro:

Ahh, Thanks advise..

See Window Vista is murder the memory eat up... ouch~:eek3:

Look into my memory card.. isn't enough to meet win vista!

Wow! You got almost need 2GB. :O So, you need get Hard drive more 140 GB. If you want to. :) I think you need 512 MB RAM I think. I'm not sure. I will check on that. I can't wait OS that I will learn this month what my teacher said will discuss about that Vista Ulimate. :D

Wow! You got almost need 2GB. :O So, you need get Hard drive more 140 GB. If you want to. :) I think you need 512 MB RAM I think. I'm not sure. I will check on that. I can't wait OS that I will learn this month what my teacher said will discuss about that Vista Ulimate. :D

I have 240GB. :afro:

I have 150 GB. :D Whooo! I check and test. Hardware is success! :D But my AutoCAD 2007 can't. :( I will have to remove and I will wait to get new one AutoCAD 2008 later. :(

I voted NEVER, because I'm not a fan of PCs and Microsoft.

Ok then what kind of you computer? I know you gonna be Apple! That cause real very very very expensive.

But we are most cheaper than Apple. :D

I've ordered all of my computer parts:

ASUS M2N-E Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 Ultra MCP ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+(65W) Windsor 2.0GHz Socket AM2 Processor
Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600JS 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive (purchased SATA cable)
Kingston ValueRAM 512MB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 400 (PC2 3200)
ASUS EN7300LE/HTD/128M GeForce 7300LE Supporting to 512MB(128MB on BoarD) GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card

Plus:
Nexxtech Internal DVD-ROM/CD-R Combo Drive
PC Power and Cooling Silencer 310 ATX (I'd be in college so with this power supply and gForce 7300, this wouldn't be that much of a problem.)

I've planned to get an additional 512MB next month since I'm going to be holding my money for the rest of the month.

So with everything I have for building my own computer, I will buy Windows Vista Ultimate when an RC1 version of Windows Vista expires around the end of June.

I've ordered all of my computer parts:

ASUS M2N-E Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 Ultra MCP ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+(65W) Windsor 2.0GHz Socket AM2 Processor
Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600JS 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive (purchased SATA cable)
Kingston ValueRAM 512MB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 400 (PC2 3200)
ASUS EN7300LE/HTD/128M GeForce 7300LE Supporting to 512MB(128MB on BoarD) GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card

Plus:
Nexxtech Internal DVD-ROM/CD-R Combo Drive
PC Power and Cooling Silencer 310 ATX (I'd be in college so with this power supply and gForce 7300, this wouldn't be that much of a problem.)

I've planned to get an additional 512MB next month since I'm going to be holding my money for the rest of the month.

So with everything I have for building my own computer, I will buy Windows Vista Ultimate when an RC1 version of Windows Vista expires around the end of June.
Hi check this out.. Apple - Get a Mac
watch the video "surgery"

or

read the right side column that says
"Thinking about upgrading to Vista? Even more reasons to get a Mac."

cheers!

Few days ago Apple urged Windows users to wait before ugrading to Vista because of iTunes issue in Vista as you can see those headlines here;
itunes vista - Google News

Apple has the knowledge document up on their site detailing this;
iTunes and Windows Vista

Oh shit, thanks for warn us.

I will NEVER buy Vista until MS address their bug, if not then I'm get MacBook.

That's one reason because I'm planning to get iPod then fuck to Zune.

I'm advanced on computers, so I've learned how to fix computers, fix Windows, educated myself about the Internet, work with networking, etc. {MOD NOTE: Removed sentence}

I'm advanced on computers, so I've learned how to fix computers, fix Windows, educated myself about the Internet, work with networking, etc. {MOD NOTE: Removed sentence}

Wow! I went college class for Hardware and software for my certification. :D I did learn when I was in Microcomputer Service class. That was so cool. That what I learn about install and many different order you did that. I hope you make Window Vista. But one thing that you need more faster for RAM. You need 1 or 2 GB will help faster than 512 MB. I have my 1.99 GB that help me faster. Because if you get 512 MB you will slow. Because need better faster 1 or 2 GB RAM will be great. :D I'm glad you learn and fix. :D

Wow! I went college class for Hardware and software for my certification. :D I did learn when I was in Microcomputer Service class. That was so cool. That what I learn about install and many different order you did that. I hope you make Window Vista. But one thing that you need more faster for RAM. You need 1 or 2 GB will help faster than 512 MB. I have my 1.99 GB that help me faster. Because if you get 512 MB you will slow. Because need better faster 1 or 2 GB RAM will be great. :D I'm glad you learn and fix. :D

is the upgrade vista still good as well than getting the full version if you have XP already ?? I know I'm gonna wait a year so the bugs can be tweaked out... smile

Back