Will Obama Stand Up for These Kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This here conservative sent her child to private Christian school but not for bigwig security reasons. ;)

We weren't rich either. :lol:

:lol:

No--I'm not guessing. I'm making an assumption.

Secondly--if it was you that was the politican, would you send your child to a private school or a public school knowing that anyone that disagrees with you can harm your child more so in a public school than a private school?
I don't begrudge anyone sending their child to a private school for whatever reason. It's just a shame that all parents don't have that option.

It it was you that was a single mom living in a ghetto, would you send your child to a private school or a public school knowing that anyone who wants to commit a violent crime can harm your child more so in a public school than a private school?

Oops, I forgot. Only the bigwigs have the option of school choice.

I don't begrudge anyone sending their child to a private school for whatever reason. It's just a shame that all parents don't have that option.

It it was you that was a single mom living in a ghetto, would you send your child to a private school or a public school knowing that anyone who wants to commit a violent crime can harm your child more so in a public school than a private school?

Oops, I forgot. Only the bigwigs have the option of school choice.

Interestingly enough....

There are private/charter/Christian schools that not only accept voucher programs, but they do offer scholarships and financial aid for those that qualify for it.

It's the parents responsibility to seek that out when applying for a private school. I'm glad I did.

Interestingly enough....

There are private/charter/Christian schools that not only accept voucher programs, but they do offer scholarships and financial aid for those that qualify for it.

It's the parents responsibility to seek that out when applying for a private school. I'm glad I did.
Our state doesn't offer vouchers.

Our Christian school offers tuition assistance for students who need it. The money for that is donated by church members.

Which states allow vouchers? I know some have tried it but it got shot down by the courts as unconstitutional.

Of course! Liberals will always be criticized by a foundation run by conservatives...

Conservatives want their kids to go to schools that teach them that wrong is right, bad is good and the world is flat.

Good for them. We can spend time improving public schools and let the backwards-ass people go to their snooty schools. After all, where's the next Rush Limbaugh going to come from? Certainly not a public school.

Conservatives want their kids to go to schools that teach them that wrong is right, bad is good and the world is flat.
If you prefer to send your children to a public school that's your right. Talking trash about those don't is not necessary.

Good for them. We can spend time improving public schools and let the backwards-ass people go to their snooty schools. After all, where's the next Rush Limbaugh going to come from? Certainly not a public school.
You mean after all this time government schools still need improving?

Not all private schools are "snooty", and the parents who send their children to private schools are neither "backwards-ass" nor "ass-backwards".

I haven't insulted anyone for sending their children to public schools, so there is no need to insult those who don't.

Why wouldn't the "next Rush Limbaugh" come from a public school? Where did Rush go to school? What does it matter? I could just as well name notorious people who attend public schools. So what?

I didn't specifically single you out. I'm speaking IN GENERAL.

We can spend time improving public schools and let the backwards-ass people go to their snooty schools.
The President and most members of Congress (Dem/Rep) send their children to private schools.

I didn't specifically single you out. I'm speaking IN GENERAL.
I didn't say that you did single me out. There's no reason to insult parents in general for sending their children to the schools that they choose.

I didn't say that you did single me out. There's no reason to insult parents in general for sending their children to the schools that they choose.

They're more than welcome to do that but not with MY taxes.

They're more than welcome to do that but not with MY taxes.
As far as I know, they are not using tax money. (Depends on the state and the most recent court decisions.)

We used our own money for tuition for our daughter, and still paid our taxes to support public schools, so the local public school benefited by not having to provide schooling for our daughter.

I don't want tax money going to private schools either because that would mean strings attached. One important reason for sending children to non-government supported schools is to avoid government influence and control.

Government influence and control? I think folks who want to send their kids to private schools are just afraid that their kids will discover liberal values. :P

Government influence and control? I think folks who want to send their kids to private schools are just afraid that their kids will discover liberal values. :P
I hate to burst your bubble but many private schools promote "liberal values."

If you prefer letting the government control your child's education, that's your prerogative.

I hate to burst your bubble but many private schools promote "liberal values."

If you prefer letting the government control your child's education, that's your prerogative.

yep... see Haverford College (George Tenet), Columbia University, Dartmouth University, New York University, Choate Rosemary Hall (JFK's & Ivanka Trump's private high school), and just about most of private schools in North-Eastern USA. these are liberal private schools with very very very very liberal values and very anti-war. That's why they don't have ROTC programs lol. I have been to all schools listed above several times and they are way too liberal for my taste :lol:

That's why I ended up at military state school :laugh2:

:shrug:

yep... see Haverford College (George Tenet), Columbia University, Dartmouth University, New York University, Choate Rosemary Hall (JFK's & Ivanka Trump's private high school), and just about most of private schools in North-Eastern USA. these are liberal private schools with very very very very liberal values and very anti-war. That's why they don't have ROTC programs lol. I have been to all schools listed above several times and they are way too liberal for my taste :lol:

UVM is highly liberal AND has a ROTC program.

Heh, I agree with you; I'd seen some schools, a public or private, are heavily liberal too. That's why I grew up as a liberal person a whole of my life until now moderate liberal. Oregon is pretty liberal, too. Of course, there are some conservative people in my home state but it's not so many in here, anyway.

UVM is highly liberal AND has a ROTC program.

beause it's a state school..... we're talking about private schools though. most state schools have ROTC program in other to have federal funds.

See the :P?

It's a JOKE. J-O-K-E. Repeat after me.

Oh right, Conservatives don't have a good sense of humor.

See: An American Tale

ouch :laugh2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back