Why would I get a download for an instant messaging service?

For all the people who use Trillian Pro, you're just wasting your time with it's special stuff.

ICQ or AIM or MSN just keeps it simply easy, I'd go with AIM since AIM is the reliable program I used, it allows FTP (File Transfer Protocol) Sending files online made easier, pictures are easier to send and tons of features.

Trillian is cool in some ways, but the other IM services usually try to change the servers or coding that it would not work with Trillian. So it is a touch 'n' go.

ICQ sucks shit. I gave up on it when AOL changed it to ad-shit-ware. Yes, I am saying shit a lot, because that is exactly how I feel about ICQ!! It's a piece of shit! Period!

Originally posted by Janitor
For all the people who use Trillian Pro, you're just wasting your time with it's special stuff.

ICQ or AIM or MSN just keeps it simply easy, I'd go with AIM since AIM is the reliable program I used, it allows FTP (File Transfer Protocol) Sending files online made easier, pictures are easier to send and tons of features.
Janitor, what is your specific point about trillian?:roll: have you try with trillian program before?? :zzz:

Yes I tried Trillian before and I didn't like it... I think it's just a bunch of mumbo jumbo to make it look good, just stick with old school style, and that, I use DEAD AIM for Windows XP AIM, for AOL and AIM, there are so many programs to make it much funner

Originally posted by Janitor
Yes I tried Trillian before and I didn't like it... I think it's just a bunch of mumbo jumbo to make it look good, just stick with old school style, and that, I use DEAD AIM for Windows XP AIM, for AOL and AIM, there are so many programs to make it much funner
Janitor, Ahh i got it. I don't worry if you dislike trillian.. it is not my problem... the problem is yours :P

Trillian Pro and Trillian .74 are little nice clients, but I rarely use them often. I would suggest anyone against buying Trillian Pro, because Microsoft and AOL are working together on their next instant messaging client that would allow us to chat with anyone on AOL IM/AIM, MSN Messenger and probably ICQ on one client.

I'm currently trying ICQ/AIM on ICQ Lite, they are OK but I am looking forward to be able to use on ICQ Pro which I use most of times. I think that'll happen next week or so if all goes well.

For Mac users wanting to use clients like Trillian should try one called Fire - they are all free to use.

Originally posted by Brian
Trillian Pro and Trillian .74 are little nice clients, but I rarely use them often. I would suggest anyone against buying Trillian Pro, because Microsoft and AOL are working together on their next instant messaging client that would allow us to chat with anyone on AOL IM/AIM, MSN Messenger and probably ICQ on one client.

I'm currently trying ICQ/AIM on ICQ Lite, they are OK but I am looking forward to be able to use on ICQ Pro which I use most of times. I think that'll happen next week or so if all goes well.

For Mac users wanting to use clients like Trillian should try one called Fire - they are all free to use.
Brian, really? where you get infom that AOL and Msn trying to work together Interoperabilities system.. can you give me website of about them that what you mentioned. if So they would be turn against trillian pro in future. i am still stick with trillian that first invest before AOL and MSn try to work together Unqiue IM.. :P

anyway I did tried AIm on Icq lite.. it won't work and sux!

Originally posted by ckfarbes Brian, really? where you get infom that AOL and Msn trying to work together Interoperabilities system.. can you give me website of about them that what you mentioned. if So they would be turn against trillian pro in future. i am still stick with trillian that first invest before AOL and MSn try to work together Unqiue IM.. :P

anyway I did tried AIm on Icq lite.. it won't work and sux!
Sorry about not responding promptly. Here is the article you can check out: AOL, Microsoft Promise Instant Messaging Cooperation - Again.

As for ICQ Lite, are you able to use the BETA one now? If not, try the ICQ2Go! Build# 321 Alpha Site.

As for ICQ Pro (2003) I suspect AOL will release the latest BETA fix for ICQ Pro sometimes this week or so, if all goes well.

Hey, I'm curious -- those using Trillian Pro....did you pay for it or did you get it free from KaZaa? *grin*
I'm downloading the Trillian Pro from there as I type this, heheheh! Cheater I am....:P

Goldie

I got free copy of Trillian Pro from a site, not KaZaa though I couldn't find a patch to keep the account without providing my account info. I will try KaZaa out again and see if I like it :)

Originally posted by VamPyroX
I'm already there! I'm a proud Trillian Pro user! :thumb:

Same here. I'm a Trillian Pro user too, but I don't log on IM much though.

Originally posted by WaterRats13
Hey, I'm curious -- those using Trillian Pro....did you pay for it or did you get it free from KaZaa? *grin*
I'm downloading the Trillian Pro from there as I type this, heheheh! Cheater I am....:P

Goldie
WaterRat, i admit you that i actually did paid for it. who cares?! I always stick with trillian pro.. I was wondering if you did downloaded patch c for trillain pro for update lately? I suggest you get download it possbile.. smile thank you for taking my advice!

Trillian 3.0 Public Alpha came out!?

Trillian 3.0 Public Alpha (11/05/2004)

Members can now download an early release of Trillian 3.0. Please be aware that this software is not a final product yet and is likely to have bugs. If you have an expired member account the Pro functionality will not be available.

as you read from above which i am upset that my member account is expired by New Trillian 3.0. If i wanted to upgrade to trillian pro, which mean I have to pay it again.. I feel waste to pay for that crap. and feel that not fair for everyone who members of trillian pros have to pay it again... trillian is full of rip off right away!!!!

In case, If you want to get some infomation from trillian 3.0, check this site: http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/sneakpreview/

Good Luck!

I'd suggest that y'all wait until Trillian 3.0 is in beta status or fully-released.

ckfarbes- why pay for something every year when you can use the free ones - both aren't that much of different!

Brian said:
ckfarbes- why pay for something every year when you can use the free ones - both aren't that much of different!
Brian, Yes, I have no idea why the trillian wanted all T.P.[trillian pro] members re-pay for trillian program after when new verison 3.o came out. Honestly, I once paid this trillian pro for three years without change it till now trillian produce changed it recently.

However, Now I know why they want all members to pay for that re-program. because New 3.0 version of Trillian Basic and Pro together completed with full packaging one of our many unique plug-ins rest on. in previous from 1.o version to 2.13 version which Trillian Pro with one of our various plug-ins that why i paid, plus I still access on trillian pro such as update, infomation, etc for trillian memebrs only. get it? I Guess that I will stay on Trillian Basic 3.0 for now!

As acknowledge, Trillian 3 Alpha was released and it spread like wildfire! And now since most of the community is using it, Someone who is just going to focus on Trillian 3 skins and converting all their other ones to be compatible with 3. See Below:

attachment.php

If You had the new Trillian 3 Alpha, So you can download or just want to get infom from this, check site is here

I hope you have enjoy this skin with your trillian 3

Back