Why some TV channel not have CC and sometimes....

yagazn

Reaction score
Why some TV channel not have CC and sometimes CC words are not exactly what they says (not following what TV news reporter says) and sometimes skip it.

Also TV cable like LOGO channel (that's gay/lesbian channel) don't have CC nothing.

Also for some DVD movie at blockkbuster don't have english subtitle. I thought all DVD movie have english subtitle. (I'm kinda disappointed). I tried with TV CC for DVD movie, don't have it either.

"I can't live without CC/english subtitle. I always have CC since I was 10. If without CC/subtitle, I'd be mad or suffer, it's not fair"

common complain it been done for long time. Now, digital CC have show up more new major problem. That's life.

I wish Logo had captions too! Practically none of their stuff is captioned, even movies I have seen captioned elsewhere. :mad:

I wish Logo had captions too! Practically none of their stuff is captioned, even movies I have seen captioned elsewhere. :mad:

I know, that's why I rent gay/lesbian movie with english subtitle from blockbuster online. If I see name of the movie on LOGO, then i can't watch it without CC. but i can watch only like for documentary or show instead of movie. I rent lesbian movie called "fire" but i will watch it tonight or tmw.

common complain it been done for long time. Now, digital CC have show up more new major problem. That's life.

Yes true. Same problem with my HDTV Polaroid "19 has common problems
on HD, but it SD digital doesn't have problems.

Oh, well. I will stop watching TV since Feb 2009.
I will continue watching DVD through until its completes
further life.

Yes true. Same problem with my HDTV Polaroid "19 has common problems
on HD, but it SD digital doesn't have problems.

Oh, well. I will stop watching TV since Feb 2009.
I will continue watching DVD through until its completes
further life.

since 2009? this year is 2008. :)

since 2009? this year is 2008. :)

I know. I am tried my best with my English grammarian.

Probably, I will stop watching by 2009 for digital, but I will wait
and see what happened on cable will sticking with analog captioning.
:dunno:

that's alright, it happened to me too before.

You mean, you aren't able to watch standard analog and will be struck with digital (ATSC) after Feb 2009.

Unless you subscribe ground cable, you still get standard analog until May 2011.

Write a letter to FCC (?) about all shows that are not captioned. You pay full price as hearing people for the cable - so you should have full access as hearing people.

Why some TV channel not have CC and sometimes CC words are not exactly what they says (not following what TV news reporter says) and sometimes skip it.

Also TV cable like LOGO channel (that's gay/lesbian channel) don't have CC nothing.

Also for some DVD movie at blockkbuster don't have english subtitle. I thought all DVD movie have english subtitle. (I'm kinda disappointed). I tried with TV CC for DVD movie, don't have it either.

"I can't live without CC/english subtitle. I always have CC since I was 10. If without CC/subtitle, I'd be mad or suffer, it's not fair"

LOGO is supposed to have CC because of Viacom since Viacom is usually put CC on MTV, VH1, Nick and other more.

Just contact Viacom and what's up with no CC.

LOGO is supposed to have CC because of Viacom since Viacom is usually put CC on MTV, VH1, Nick and other more.

Just contact Viacom and what's up with no CC.

contact viacom? but we need more deaf people to contact viacom. i can't do it alone. if i did, viacom won't do it or won't care. i dunno. thanks Pacman, i appreciate your suggestion. :)

yes, VH1, MTV and lifetime all have CC except LOGO nope. that's why i don't watch LOGO without CC.

Write a letter to FCC (?) about all shows that are not captioned. You pay full price as hearing people for the cable - so you should have full access as hearing people.

FCC already aware of the digital problem lately. It's not always CC but also the quality picture and voice. It's all issues on OTA only for now.

Logo should be providing CC, though. That is something we can write to the FCC about.

Sorry for the necro thread, but I must disagree, one person CAN make a difference! The local FOX channel was never CC in my area (but it was CC when I visited my aunt in the portland area :roll:) until I wrote them a letter informing them of the discrepancy. I also informed them that if changes were not made I would contact the ACLU and bring an ADA lawsuit against them. Next thing I know I get a nice email from one of the vice presidents of FOX with a apology and that night I was able to watch the Simpson's for the first time with CC! :D

Not very nice of me I admit, but sometimes the ends do justify the means.

Back