Why Is It Great To Be Deaf/HoH?

Nature's music. The soothing sound of a flowing creek. Rustling of leaves. Chirping of birds. Cows mooing in the distance. Formation of geese flying above "honking" as they head south. Crickets chirping at night. The swaying of trees high above as you walk in the woods on a warm day. The low rumbling of a small avalanche you see in the distance.

I think you are in the wrong thread. The question was asking why it is great to be Deaf/HOH not why is it great to be hearing. :scratch:

Yes, I did give an answer. Hard to believe somebody is actually quibbling over my answer because the title of this thread includes hoh. My answer is on *my* positive outlook on being hoh and that there are beautiful and wonderful sounds to enjoy. Of course, you have your annoying ones as well.

Thank you for the kind comment, Bottesini.

Oh being HOH...ok u had me confused here for a min.

How does those things give you benefits of being HoH/Deaf OVER a hearing person? A fully-hearing person can already hear all those things anyway.

I can see the point of the post if it meant... ignoring the terrible or tasteless lyrics, because you can't understand them... and just focus on the awesomeness of the instrumentals-- which would be something that a hearing person do not have the blessings of. :)

I think you are in the wrong thread. The question was asking why it is great to be Deaf/HOH not why is it great to be hearing. :scratch:

Don't bring that up shel. I just got by butt jumped because I saw the answer as confusing.

Matter of perspective, I suppose.

:giggle: I dont sweat that kind of thing so if someone wants to give my butt a good jump, go ahead! I need an ass massage! LOL!

Am I suppose to interpret Koko's answer as reasons why it's better to be HOH instead of deaf? Because that's how I understood it. Am I missing something here?

Not hearing the nasty comments people make about each others that can be heard by everyone in the distance and no one want to hear those comments.

I have been told I am "lucky" for that since there's so much negativity in the world that apparently it's worth giving up all the auditory pleasures in life for.

How does those things give you benefits of being HoH/Deaf OVER a hearing person? A fully-hearing person can already hear all those things anyway.

I can see the point of the post if it meant... ignoring the terrible or tasteless lyrics, because you can't understand them... and just focus on the awesomeness of the instrumentals-- which would be something that a hearing person do not have the blessings of. :)

This is about how it benefits me and why it's great to be hoh. I see the positive aspect of it and go with that. There were two choices based on the thread's title, deaf/hoh. I chose to focus on the hoh on why it's great to be hoh. And I gave my answer. Shall we move on now?

Am I suppose to interpret Koko's answer as reasons why it's better to be HOH instead of deaf? Because that's how I understood it. Am I missing something here?

Remember the Gift of Hearing thread..:lol:

Although one benefit is that I sleep soundly at night when I retire my hearing aid. I suppose that falls under on why it's great to be hoh. But then again I have slept with my hearing aid on while in a hammock on a warm summer day under trees. The chirping birds and nearby creek actually lulled me to sleep and it was quite soothing. So, yes, there are pluses and minuses about hoh. Though I like to focus on the positive.

Now you know why I think it's great to be hoh. The wonderful sound.

Sound isn't that wonderful being HOH. I can understand someone who has had very profound hearing loss their entire life or getting new CI can feel excited about sounds and say they're wonderful. But coming from me who was normal hearie earlier, just simply "sounds" aren't wonderful. Articulation with all sounds would be nice to me. Thats just my perspective.

Sound isn't that wonderful being HOH. I can understand someone who has had very profound hearing loss their entire life or getting new CI can feel excited about sounds and say they're wonderful. But coming from me who was normal hearie earlier, just simply "sounds" aren't wonderful. Articulation with all sounds would be nice to me. Thats just my perspective.

And it should be your perspective. Nothing wrong with that just as I have a different perspective on why I think my hoh is great.

And it should be your perspective. Nothing wrong with that just as I have a different perspective on why I think my hoh is great.

And then again, I have my opinion on my being total deaf is great. Isn't it great we can all have these opinions and still be friends?

And then again, I have my opinion on my being total deaf is great. Isn't it great we can all have these opinions and still be friends?

I agree with that statement wholeheartedly!

Yes, true. I have no problem if others feel differently about their deafness. I have friends who feel exactly that but don't get upset like others have. If they want to point out the negatives, fine. I point out the positive and yet they get upset with me?

Another positive. Even though I am incredibly shy in real life, if I go to a new town, I can find the local deaf center and find friends. :)

Back