Why do people cite the bible as proof of the bible's veracity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doh

Reaction score
I have always wondered why people cite the bible in an effort to prove the bible's (alleged) veracity. It is circular reasoning and is not logically sound.

If people want to demonstrate that the bible and its contents is an accurate portrayal of history to an objective person why do they not use secondary sources to back up the claims? Other independent historical sources, geology sources, and sources from other period authors who were talking about what the bible is on about.

:dunno::confused:

I don't need to read another form of source, that is like being tempt by Satan. I refused to be a fool. We have a choice, we could respond to God's love and trust Him or choose to do their own thing. ;)

I don't need to read another form of source, that is like being tempt by Satan. I refused to be a fool. We have a choice, we could respond to God's love and trust Him or choose to do their own thing. ;)

That's all well and nice but it doesn't help to support a logical argument.

That's all well and nice but it doesn't help to support a logical argument.

Unfortunately, It's never 100 percent accurate if you go with logical thinking because you would have to proof of its conclusions, which statements can be either true or false. :)

For instance the universe has to have a beginning, it doesn't come out of nowhere. Could scientists proved how the universe began? They couldn't.

Another example of logic argument, Supposed your car wouldn't start, and you say it might be something wrong with the engine, what evidence would that come to conclusion that it's the engine and not something else? That's why you can't think with ur logic, You have to prove it is the engine. :)

Now, if the bible is not accurate, Jesus weren't been the one dying on the cross for our sins and there would have been no Salvation, God promised would have been false in the Old Testament. But His promise did went through as planned, Jesus did died for our sins, as being mention in the New Testament. So that gave me a reason to believe the bible is 100 percent accurate. ;)

Unfortunately, It's never 100 percent accurate if you go with logical thinking because you would have to proof of its conclusions, which statements can be either true or false. :)

For instance the universe has to have a beginning, it doesn't come out of nowhere. Could scientists proved how the universe began? They couldn't.

Another example of logic argument, Supposed your car wouldn't start, and you say it might be something wrong with the engine, what evidence would that come to conclusion that it's the engine and not something else? That's why you can't think with ur logic, You have to prove it is the engine. :)

Now, if the bible is not accurate, Jesus weren't been the one dying on the cross for our sins and there would have been no Salvation, God promised would have been false in the Old Testament. But His promise did went through as planned, Jesus did died for our sins, as being mention in the New Testament. So that gave me a reason to believe the bible is 100 percent accurate. ;)

:gpost:!!! Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back