why deaf see better than hearies

oh yes I am not surprised. since I was a kid, and my family constantly telling me that I have good eye catching.

Not always. I have monocular polyopia, which makes me see a minimum of 15 partial images of one object in one eye. Nobody knows what to do about it except glasses. And I see out of one eye or the other consciously, or use them together. Because of the differences in each eye, the stereoptic vision is split, or unsealed except under certain viewing situations.

Like anything else, assumptions aren't always true. Just like people think that I can tell you what instrument is being played at what note or what song is being played just by feeling it with my hand or body (rarely anything above a trumpet can be understood this way by touch, never mind felt across the room).

Not always. I have monocular polyopia, which makes me see a minimum of 15 partial images of one object in one eye. Nobody knows what to do about it except glasses. And I see out of one eye or the other consciously, or use them together. Because of the differences in each eye, the stereoptic vision is split, or unsealed except under certain viewing situations.

Like anything else, assumptions aren't always true. Just like people think that I can tell you what instrument is being played at what note or what song is being played just by feeling it with my hand or body (rarely anything above a trumpet can be understood this way by touch, never mind felt across the room).

fascinatng

You mean like this?

419590922_c61e1ed0b1.jpg

Take anything you read in the Daily Mail (known in the UK as 'The Hate Mail') with a snow plow's worth of salt.

You mean like this?

Haha, but no, more like this: notice that you can see through the ghost images and see the yard behind the ghost hydrant. It's not a full double separation like true double vision (and it happens in one eye). By the time the day is over, at night, I'll count at many as 10-14 moon images, and it's progressed in the worst eye to the point that I can't count how many there are, maybe 30-40 moons. I don't know what the HELL to do about it.

Attachments

• poly-opia-1.jpg
    poly-opia-1.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 4
  • poly-opia-2.jpg
    poly-opia-2.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 5
Deaf people have better vision, therefore, blind people have better hearing, correct? :D

Since becoming bilateral DEAF-December 20, 2006- I don't recall any change in my vision-to date.
Am I "missing" something?

It's not that we have "better" vision, like better than 20/20, or the blind have "bettter" hearing, we just pay more attention what we see, the blind pay closer attention to what they're hearing.

As ambroisa suggests-one does alter how one deals with the condition one has. It is also true that one can "be helpless" also.
One's choice-however-which one follows.

it is true. I am better see than my parent see. I ask you question does deaf people smell to better than hearing ?

Back