Why are guys so "forgetful" and "absent-minded"?

I have been pondered why men are getting forgetful or absent-minded. Do the men expect us, women, to help them to remember everything and also to help them do the things for them? Like for example, if the men don't know how to take care of themselves or not feel like buying the things for their parents or make excuse to lose something. They seem to want women to do all the things for them like as if we are slaves. Is that it? It does not make sense why almost all men make excuses when they don't do things the way they should do at home, workplace and other public places like church. :hmm:

On the contrary, my roommate who is female has lost her keys, wallet, phone, and various other things while I (male) have yet to lose anything. She even put up on the front door "DID YOU REMEMBER YOUR... keys? wallet?" etc and she lost those items AFTER she put that on the door... sad.

I'm a female myself and so far this year, I have locked myself out of my car at least 3x, locked myself out of my apt, lost my keys at least once this year. I'm told that people with ADD tend to do this more often than the general population.

Thats why I am a pro at breaking in houses... Without doing any damage at all. Yup I have even removed a panel of window from a door to gain access and put it back together with no visual evidence of it being taken apart. Cars too.

:) If you think you feel secure, think again.

I just leave my door unlocked when you're in the neighborhood. :naughty:

My father had instilled one MAJOR issue with both my brothers. "I don't care if you are on your last dime. I don't care if you are living on a deserted island. I don't care if you married the B**ch from H3ll. YOU WILL NEVER FORGET YOUR MOTHER ON ANY HOLIDAY OR SPECIAL OCCASION. I can remember the drill and the yelling. And still, to this day; My father died in 1991, and my brothers have not forgotten any holiday or special occasion (except for the younger one this past Christmas). the one he forgot, he did finally call collect to apologize and let us know that he left his wife and was living in his car for now. My mother is blessed with that.

I however, have had to do all the buying of cards and such for hubby to give to his parents, and they knew it was me getting them since hubby never did it before we got together.

I always make sure to remember everything a bit better.. birthdays, anniversaries and others.. I even make sure to doublecheck by putting important dates in my calender on my Blackberry so to be sure a week or so before that important day I would check and see and then go get whatever I need to get for that person for his/her birthday... always have to be sure and get everything done right.. once in a long long while I do forget but have had made up for that bit of slipup... (folks no it aint for s*x so get your damn minds out of the gutter please, thanks...)

no idea, this drives me NUTS too. hard to meet/find a thoughtful guy. they seem only to remember when I b**** about it. so I guess they forget what they don't expect to do (clean, communicate, the such) or what I would do but would remember the unexpected (being kicked out or smacked). lame.

# 1 rule- don't expect men to remember dates. Have a calender on fridge of dates he needs to know. During breakfast or dinner, never start out with tomarrow or next week is such and such. Have a conversation of something. when he talks about something he likes, squeeze in the date stuff. It mainly works. :wave:

Nodding in agreement

There is no such thing as 100% foolproof security. I do know how to break in without breaking anything. It is not hard, really. As long as the brains are used.

Thats why I am a pro at breaking in houses... Without doing any damage at all. Yup I have even removed a panel of window from a door to gain access and put it back together with no visual evidence of it being taken apart. Cars too.

:) If you think you feel secure, think again.

I have locked myself out of the house numerous times when I was younger, also locked myself out of my vehicle a lot until I literally had to force myself to physically clip my keys to my body before ever stepping out of the vehicle. That's why I always carry a carabiner with my keys on it attached to my belt loop. When I was really young I had this habit of forgetting things until the last minute. Once I was up until silly o'clock in the morning finishing a major project that was 25% of the grade for the semester in grade 8. I swear it was bad enough I probably had some sort of screwed up thought process that I had to grow out of. Now I have reminders on my desktop, lap top, phone, calendar on the wall, email reminders, etc. Because of this I seldom 'forget' to do something.

My dad is getting very senile. He tries to tell it like it was back when my brother and I were really young and he botches it up and mom's looking at me making strange faces and mouthing: "I don't remember that, that never happened". Then just the other day he said I was the one that ran the truck off the road and knocked out several fence posts. I had to remind him it was not me but my brother who did that. He even says he doesn't remember ever not going to any of my basketball games and I finally said, you don't remember it because you were never there!!! Gah!!!!! He went to every single of my brother's football games and I can remember him coming to two of mine and I played for 2 years in junior high (8th and 9th). He never went to any of my track meets either yet he swears he was there. UGH.

Where is the close captioned or is there a open captioned? I am not going to start the video unless it is close captioned. This is a Deaf Forum. Gawd! I am sure you are hearing. :roll:

She posted the lyrics.....you even have the link in your quote. *smh*

Many of the men and some women just don't want to fill their heads with what they consider trivia stuff.

I dunno if I solved this dilemma or not....but if sleeping on the porch didn't do it, then nothing else will....
My 19 yr. old keeps forgetting his house keys...I woke up to let the dog out early this AM..and there he was, sleeping in a chair. He got a rude awakening from me!.."What the heck/hell are you doing sleeping on the porch?"...

Twice before, he forgot his keys, we were all sleeping, and he had to bang on the front door to get in. So he caught hell from me.....this time, he knew better than to knock or bang!

He's looking pretty "rough" this AM...and before he left last night, I said "don't forget ur key!"..He said, "I've got it, Mom..."...to find his key was still on his dresser. My other 2 boys wear their key around their necks, along with their school ID....it's mandatory with me...but my oldest son is 19, and said he feels like a "jerk" doing this, so he keeps it in his wallet (so he says)...He even forgets his wallet.....

Man ... I had something really important to say but I forgot!

Gawd! I am sure you are hearing. :roll:

Only thanks to hearing aids. Without them, can't hear much.

As TXGolfer pointed out, I posted the lyrics first, then the performance on Youtube. I enjoy watching a good performance even if I can't understand all the words. Maybe others do too.

I forgot where my cat, Maxwell is. Duh me, he is sleeping behind my laptop. :giggle:

Attachments

• tn13.jpg
    tn13.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 2
I have the worst memory, and I'm a guy.

I promise, it's not on purpose. It's just as frustrating to me to forget something only to realize or be reminded later that I've forgotten, in addition to being chastised with a "you should have known better...". That's just humiliating and counterproductive, since I'm more likely to be bitter over being embarrassed for it.

I just hope that whatever it is that I've forgotten wasn't important enough to remember.

Back