Whoa! Mt St Helens is at it Again

G

Gemtun

I had a hard time getting home as the streets were clogged with cars and lookers as I live on top of a 1000 feet high summit. I barely squeaked by between cars. The sky is darkening.

We are under ash advisory until 9 PM. Pretty scary but exciting at the same time.

Meg said:
I had a hard time getting home as the streets were clogged with cars and lookers as I live on top of a 1000 feet high summit. I barely squeaked by between cars. The sky is darkening.

We are under ash advisory until 9 PM. Pretty scary but exciting at the same time.

:eek: Meg! Hope your safe in case Mt Saint Helen's blows her stack?

I share your sentiment. It does sound scary, but it also is very exciting at the same time. I remember about a year ago when the volcano was active, and everyone thought an eruption was impending. I would love to see a major eruption, but at the same time, I don't want people affected.

Know what I mean?

yikes Meg!!

i agree with u 2 gurls -- scary and yet exciting!

please DO be safe Meg!

Sounds like something is brewing and is there any anticipation that Mt. Helens may erupt again? I'm sure many curious seekers can compound the situation as far as traffic goes...anyhow, hope you'll be safe and sound...keep us posted with any updates in regard to this latest developements--ty! Now, keep safe!! ;)

I made the mistake of subscibing to earthqauke alerts. Seems like I got a lot of emails about quakes offshore Oregon and the Solomon islands.
I know earthquakes are normal, but you notice the northwest is getting restless.
Dang.

If Mt St Helen eurupts it could be a sign IRAN might get invaded. Last time mt st helens eurupted was back in 1979 and IRAN took america hostage.

ravensteve1961 said:
If Mt St Helen eurupts it could be a sign IRAN might get invaded. Last time mt st helens eurupted was back in 1979 and IRAN took america hostage.
November 4, 1979. The Iran hostage crisis was a 444-day period during which the new government of Iran after the Iranian Revolution held hostage 66 diplomats and citizens of the United States. It is believed by many to have caused President Jimmy Carter of the United States to lose his re-election attempt, and punctuated the first fundamentalist Islamic revolution of modern times. It began on November 4, 1979 and lasted until January 20, 1981.

May 18, 1980. On that fateful day, Mount St. Helens Volcano in Washington exploded violently after 2 months of intense earthquake activity and intermittent, relatively weak eruptions, causing the worst volcanic disaster in the recorded history the United States. The cataclysmic eruption and related events May 18 rank among the most significant geologic events in the United States during the 20th century. The processes, effects, and products of the chain of events were the most intensively studied and photographically documented of any explosive volcanic eruption in the world to date. The wealth of data on Mount St. Helens before, during, and after the May 18 eruption enabled geoscientists of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), the University of Washington, and other research institutions in the United States and abroad to put into perspective the devastating impact of suddenly unleashed volcanic energy. -- Tilling, et.al., 1990

RS...drop about IRAN/IRAQ shit. we are talking abt St. Helena. Sheesh. :greddy:

meg, if u have sk2, plz take a pix of mt st helen and send it to alldeaf.textamerica.com or this. :)

deafclimber said:
meg, if u have sk2, plz take a pix of mt st helen and send it to alldeaf.textamerica.com or this. :)

sidekick server has been down since Sunday. :( Hope, Meg can get the pictures of them.

Wow it must be a good experience for you. Meg same time excited and scared.

Sabrina said:
sidekick server has been down since Sunday. :( Hope, Meg can get the pictures of them.

Wow it must be a good experience for you. Meg same time excited and scared.

yea i know that really sucks. it's really annoying me... anyway, she can pix and can wait til the server goes up then she can send it to us. :)

Sorry didnt take any pixes...I left my pager at home as I was too pissed off to carry it around while it was not working. I was afraid that I will smash it or something. LOL

I did pass by Mt St Helens this morning on way to work and I saw some plume but I couldnt take pix while driving. LOL

It was really ashy last night and my car was covered with dust.

They say that this wont be a repeat of the 1980 eruption so that is good cos I still remember 1980 eruption too well - it was definitely scary at that time.

ravensteve1961 said:

Oh boy ...it was 1980, not 1979, when Mt St Helens erupted. THere is no connection between this and Iran. *rme*

Meg said:
Sorry didnt take any pixes...I left my pager at home as I was too pissed off to carry it around while it was not working. I was afraid that I will smash it or something. LOL

I did pass by Mt St Helens this morning on way to work and I saw some plume but I couldnt take pix while driving. LOL

It was really ashy last night and my car was covered with dust.

They say that this wont be a repeat of the 1980 eruption so that is good cos I still remember 1980 eruption too well - it was definitely scary at that time.

what a experience you have. :)

For those of you "younguns" to young to remember The 1980 eruption, here is a Good Article

There is also a live cam of Mount St. Helens that updates every 5 minutes. Looking at it though, there doesn't seem to be much activity. When there was the last eruption scare (think it was this past September), you could see a lot of steam and stuff. Looks pretty mellow right now. Anyhow, the webcam can be found Here

I still remmy the eruption. Texas was covered by dark clouds, my mom refused to let me go outside and play.. I was pissed...haha. I saw on tv and was so fascinating. I still remember til today.

Meggie, I'm glad ur all right and in one piece, thank god it wasn't that bad. yea, I saw it on news, wow! It looks like a spectular eruption since it woke up on Oct 2004. I hope it won't be a bad one like in 1980. I doubt it'll happen because there is no top to blow off, it would be less worse than the 1980 eruption. We will see what happens! May 18, 2005 is 25 year anniversy of the eruption on May 18, 1980.

Skinny Dipping

Anybody up for Skinny Dipping with me in Mt. St Helens? Heard it was suppose to be really warm. :laugh2:

Back