Who says you can't?

:thumb:
I am profoundly deaf, and I am starting a 4-year nursing program this Monday the 21st with the goal of becoming an RN. I spent all summer applying for it. I'm gonna make something of myself because I absolutely must! Failure is not an option!

:thumb:

Okay, this is it. I have all the papers filled out to be turned in, now I just need to take the test and I can start this coming January!

And get this. My boyfriend is going with me!! Now that suprised me, since he never told me that he was interested in going into the medical field.

After we complete the Associates Degree in Nursing we are moving on to the Surgical Technician Course, and maybe on to becoming a Medical Doctor. But that is in the future and we will wait to see how we do.

Thanks to everyone who offered encouragement and for the information to look at.

:D:D:ty::ty:

Go for it, I am a deaf RN and I work in the OR. If I can you can, I want to see someone prove that I can't ....nobody? Ok, there ya go...... Go for it!

With the economy as it is, and myself being laid off, I have been toying with the idea of going to school to be a Registered Nurse.

I have always wanted to be in the medical field, however I get a lot of people saying I can't.

Prove to me I can't.

Because I believe I can.

What do you think?

The associate degree in nursing is considered the entry level to sit for the NCLEX, why would you want to do surgical scub technichian when an assoc nursing degree is considered more vast in its knowledge? If anything, do the scrub tech first then the assoc degree... Just saying as an OR RN....
If you want to go the path of medical doctor, forget scrub tech, do the associates degree or go into bachelor nursing program, then into med school....

Okay, this is it. I have all the papers filled out to be turned in, now I just need to take the test and I can start this coming January!

And get this. My boyfriend is going with me!! Now that suprised me, since he never told me that he was interested in going into the medical field.

After we complete the Associates Degree in Nursing we are moving on to the Surgical Technician Course, and maybe on to becoming a Medical Doctor. But that is in the future and we will wait to see how we do.

Thanks to everyone who offered encouragement and for the information to look at.

great for you. go kick some butt

Back