who on this sites have native americans bloods in them?

serena1986

Reaction score
because the reason i ask because i have native americans bloods in me.:wave:

Steinhauer. he has "Miami" in him.

I do. Mom's half Blackfoot and my da is half Lakota.

My great-great grandmother was NA and she married a white man. I don't know anymore because it was taboo and never discussed in my family. A family member has tintype photo of her. Many of us probably have NA ancestors that we never knew about.

Wirelessly posted

sallylou said:
My great-great grandmother was NA and she married a white man. I don't know anymore because it was taboo and never discussed in my family. A family member has tintype photo of her. Many of us probably have NA ancestors that we never knew about.

And considering how our relatives cheat on each others...

Yep.

Yep. Major taboo. Forced adoptions. It's not talked about much.

I was shocked when a family member told me that she believed that one of her siblings was not born from the same father. It seems that the mother had an affair. The mother is long dead. Family secrets usually come out sooner or later.

Met one of my cousins who lives up on Siksika. Parents are elders and in charge of genealogy. Come to find out that if I had ever wanted to marry I'd be hard pressed to find someone I WASN'T related to on any of the 3 reservations. But I tell you, it was pretty annoying to be called "white girl" all the time.

Wirelessly posted

Yep.

That's why I always tell people, your relatives are the ones that raised you, not the ones that bore you. Too bad my grandparents took their secrets to the grave.

souggy, talk to extended family members. Some one knows. IMHO, most people talk when death is near.

Wirelessly posted

Well, someone did say you can paint the family tree by how far apart the neighbourhoods are in Calgary.

:hmm:

Last edited:
Yep. Major taboo. Forced adoptions. It's not talked about much.

Oh, hrmm, that would be me, Crazy Deaf Cheroke here ! I talk about it. The more people who know the better :)

wavedancer (product of the pople who, when told at gunpoint to walk west, just...didn't. They didn't follow orders very well. Niether do I. :giggle:

only say, a possibility - don't know much about father's father's side of family and while we do know my grandma was from Kiev, there is new evidence that our names and some other things aren't what we at first understood. We also have some unknown and intriguing pictures but that's it.
Grandparents all dead though

Oh, hrmm, that would be me, Crazy Deaf Cheroke here ! I talk about it. The more people who know the better :)

wavedancer (product of the pople who, when told at gunpoint to walk west, just...didn't. They didn't follow orders very well. Niether do I. :giggle:

My grandparents came from a different era when being a blood was the worst thing you could be. Now every fruitcake that thinks they might have some long lost great great great cousin who could have a little blood in them are running around claiming to be shamans or some such thing. It's the height of fashion. Let them spend a little time on Rosebud or Pine Ridge and see how fashionable it is.

I have seen and read about people claiming to be shamans and charging money...

I have seen and read about people claiming to be shamans and charging money or a lot of money...

oh gee, sorry! double post!:( I'm worried about something un-related to AD
my bad

Back