Who likes to read books...

Was that the book written by Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue? I've heard that it was a very good book and I plan to read it when I have time away from my guitar lessons and sheet music. As for Harry Potter ....well, I'm too lazy to wade through a thick book so I'll just watch the movies as they come out. With two teenagers and full time job, I don't have as much time to read as I used to.
I just finished reading The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star. That was a crazy book. It is a years worth of diaries and then current time comentary from the author, band mates, friends and family. It's crazy. I couldn't put it down. Now I am reading the first Harry Potter book. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it but I am really enjoying it. I think I'll end up reading the series.

Was that the book written by Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue? I've heard that it was a very good book and I plan to read it when I have time away from my guitar lessons and sheet music. As for Harry Potter ....well, I'm too lazy to wade through a thick book so I'll just watch the movies as they come out. With two teenagers and full time job, I don't have as much time to read as I used to.

Yes it is the book by Nikki Sixx..........it was an EXCELENT read. Of course, it helps that I am still a big Crue fan!! LOL

Yes it is the book by Nikki Sixx..........it was an EXCELENT read. Of course, it helps that I am still a big Crue fan!! LOL

He wrote it? I was a huge fan of Motley Crue also. What is it about? True Story? Is that The Chase the title of the book. I would like to pick it up when I visit the book store. It would be great gift for my brother too since he is the Crue's fan too.

He wrote it? I was a huge fan of Motley Crue also. What is it about? True Story? Is that The Chase the title of the book. I would like to pick it up when I visit the book store. It would be great gift for my brother too since he is the Crue's fan too.

The book is The Heroine Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star.
It is a years worth of Diaries written by Nikki all while he was struggeling with his addiction to heroine. There is also comentary by friends, family, managers and bandmembers about his behavior and their addictions as well. I always thought Tommy was the bad buy but..........it was really Nikki. It's a great book and most of the proceeds from it go to his charity Into the Night for runaway kids.

via 8320~

I acknowledge I grew up to read the magzine the most. I am not a bookworm person. But I like reading the specfied books and others.

Skatebaord magzine
BMX magzine
Car magzine
King james version (my most favorite scripture for my rest)
Novel Comic books
Celerity Magzine
Fiction/ spiritual books (like halo, perfect dark zero, prophet)
Movie books
On and on list thru my mind!

I am currenty reading the adult/mature novel comic series: 100 bulletproofs series, DMZ series, Loser series, CSI: case file: Vol 2. You think that I am still being childish things in my life, because I read the comic?, you are wrong! Those novel comics are rate "M" which is for adult book. Those don't make me the bookworms. I might looks likely geek, However, Those genuinely entertaining me, educating me, and killing my boring times! ;)

The Chase, by Clive Cussler

Just finished Cussler's The Chase. It has great promise, an early 1900s detective in the fictional equivolent of the Pinkerton's chases a ruthless killer and bank robber all over the western states. If you like old trains and vintage automobiles, you'll love it.

A historian will appreciate the San Francisco earthquake and fire of 1906, even though the detective happens to cross paths with nearly every famous person who was there--Enrico Caruso, John Barrymore, Jack London, to name a few. A bit of a stretch.

The novel is fun and fast-paced. Cussler did his homework, except for a Montana phenomenon known as a chinook wind. Tsk, tsk. You have to experience one to understand its effect, and Cussler obviously hasn't.

I LOVE to read. I'm reading a Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot. I'm reading Mia. And its getting really good. Then I'm reading Listen by Sarah Dessen. I wanted to find a teen romance book at the libary yesterday but i couldnt find a good one..any suggestions?

I just read Dolores Claiborne by Stephen King. It's not a new book but still, it was a good read. :)

I am starting to read "Animal Welfare limping towards eden" by John Webster.

I miss reading. :( Time is just too short.

BUT since I'll be teaching HS English/Lit again...I now have an excuse to read books for work purposes! Yay!

Back