Who is the Best VRS provider?

As to which VRS is the best, that is an ever-changing landscape.....

You can attach a router to the sorenson device. I have deafie techie telling me how to do it tomorrow in my office.

I'll be happy to $hare it with everyone!

Richard

I know how to do that, thats easy. :giggle:

Hey, you all mentioned sprint vrs. Is sprint vrs free and it works with webcam and computer correct?

which is best now in 2008?

As to which VRS is the best, that is an ever-changing landscape.....

I see the thread dropped a few years ago and just picked back up :)
Im looking for feedback on which service works best now. :hmm:

I see the thread dropped a few years ago and just picked back up :)
Im looking for feedback on which service works best now. :hmm:

Yes, but my post was penned this past July 4th, a mere 4 days ago. Read up about the newly required (by the FCC) TEN Numbering system. All of the VRS outfits are not only scrambling to get this in place by I think, the last day of this year and providing their newest features. They will all be pretty much the same, I think.....

We use SprintVRS. The most surprising thing is we haven't had the same interpreter twice! (Though, we haven't made hundreds of calls yet.)

Steve

Correct me if I am wrong but dosent sprintvrs contract with hovrs to provide their service..Think they are both one in the same..

I do know before sprintvrs contracted with csdvrs but that ended sometime ago.

Correct me if I am wrong but dosent sprintvrs contract with hovrs to provide their service..Think they are both one in the same..

I do know before sprintvrs contracted with csdvrs but that ended sometime ago.

CSDVRS and Sprintvrs is no longer a family.

CSDVRS is private investor company.

Sprintvrs joined one of company then Go America purchased HOVRS and Sprintvrs. They are still cleaning up with VRS part of GO America. Nothing is finalized.

Well, I think Hovrs did the job. Sorenson used to be my choice but it kept me waiting longer than I would like to.

Could Sorenson be keeping people waiting due to being so popular, maybe because RIT used the lousy Dlink one, making lots of people want Sorenson? :D

Could Sorenson be keeping people waiting due to being so popular, maybe because RIT used the lousy Dlink one, making lots of people want Sorenson? :D

Sorenson control 80% market share. That why they are popular. They are milking their money out of the market. Hovrs is working up the ladder to claim higher market share.

Think about it. 80% to sorenson, 20% to other 15 VRS. It show the difference of why Sorenson is so popular. And often people follow the user friendly of VP-100 or VP-200.

I just wish Sorenson thought about different marketing avenue. The VRS button should be default to any VRS I want to use.

That idea is required to have third party to develop videophone for all VRS. But no vendor have considered this yet. It would be nice. That way we can have more choices by vendor, not by VRS.

I want to know your preferences for VRS service providers. What is good about your provider? What is bad about it? I'm thinking about videophone so can you tell me your preferences for VRS.

Asking people which VRS provider they like the best is kinda like asking if they like PC or Mac, Chevy or Ford, or Xbox vs PS3. It's a personal decision that could also lead to flame wars :eek3:

Why debating!!! SorensonVRS is way ahead of all VRS providers combined. Just like... GE is nbr 1... Coca Cola is nbr 1... no way for any competitor to catch up with GE and Coca Cola. So Sorenson is nbr 1 and you know there is no way to catch up with Sorenson...

Why debating!!! SorensonVRS is way ahead of all VRS providers combined. Just like... GE is nbr 1... Coca Cola is nbr 1... no way for any competitor to catch up with GE and Coca Cola. So Sorenson is nbr 1 and you know there is no way to catch up with Sorenson...

Really? No need to troll. Purple is catching up, I tell you. FYI, Purple is one of the top leading on Text Relay and Spanish service.

Really? No need to troll. Purple is catching up, I tell you. FYI, Purple is one of the top leading on Text Relay and Spanish service.

Well... Purple could not afford to give away the MVPs. Big failure... P3 software has a lot of bugs since Spring of this year but I was told that a software patch will be released real soon. Problem with network (blue screen or frozen) had not been solved yet. That was like 2 or 3 months. Again, it would be resolved real soon. Now please tell me how Purple is catching up. Stock plunged down to double digit like fifty cents per share. Sorenson is way up at the top even without any help from Text Relay and Spanish service. Still Sorenson does not need extra money from selling any kind of stock. Go figure!! Watch out for a new Sorenson product that is being tested. Can you guess what it is? I believe it would be a mobile device.

The way I see it... they all their got their pros and cons...

There is no "best" yet. It's too early in the game to make a decisive decision.

Back