who is fluent in php?

netrox

Reaction score
I am curious how many of you use php as a primary language to develop applications?

I have little knowledge, but I manage to build a subscription online via PHP for my website, but unfortunately, not enough - only that I am learning it at University which is a good thing. :)

Your university teaches PHP?! Wow... I looked for PHP classes back then and they didn't offer it. (college)

Your university teaches PHP?! Wow... I looked for PHP classes back then and they didn't offer it. (college)
Yes, later in the year - It is part of my BA in software Engineering :)

I know PHP quite well, and have developed a couple of web applications. Nothing fancy.

I am self taught though. I do not personally know of anyone that uses it as a primary language because it's mostly server sided, you need knowledge of client-sided development and databases to make full use of it.

I know PHP quite well, and have developed a couple of web applications. Nothing fancy.

I am self taught though. I do not personally know of anyone that uses it as a primary language because it's mostly server sided, you need knowledge of client-sided development and databases to make full use of it.
That's correct. It is mostly server sided, php is mostly communicated with the sever with the client side software.

Semi-fluent. Enough to know when something's screwing up, and enough to make simple stuff in PHP. But that's about it.

Same here.

I have worked with php5 before as well. fancy stuff.

I should be learn more experience better help phpbb. I spoke to phpbb fix help you development. I know difficult to communication to client software. I know not easy I try best do development website.. that is why

I love PHP as it is an excellent programming language to develop websites, especially when they are developed using Wordpress. PHP also can be powerful when building and using classes for validation of input. Regular expressions FTW!

Easy on php I am expertiment on php :) mybb, SMF, mybb, phpbb :P wordpress modify I am many timess harder for on phpbb
also Notepad ++ also increase skills fan and Dreamweaver love addict on php :D

Easy on php I am expertiment on php :) mybb, SMF, mybb, phpbb :P wordpress modify I am many timess harder for on phpbb
also Notepad ++ also increase skills fan and Dreamweaver love addict on php :D

Notepad ++ is an okay IDE. You should look into Sublime Text 2 or Espresso. :)

I did PHP, SQL and a bunch of client side programming for years professionally. Now I program machines instead of computers so I'm fluent just not up to date.

I did PHP, SQL and a bunch of client side programming for years professionally. Now I program machines instead of computers so I'm fluent just not up to date.

A lot of people can be confused on what is client side programming versus server side programming. PHP and SQL are server side programming while HTML and CSS is client side programming.

It's interesting that you program computers. What kind of computers do you work on programming?

Respectyoda
Thank I check it link. Sublime.. sure.

Ok. Have fun! With Sublime Text 2, you don't really have to pay for the program after the trial expires as it is only if you want to support the company that made the software. :)

A lot of people can be confused on what is client side programming versus server side programming. PHP and SQL are server side programming while HTML and CSS is client side programming.

It's interesting that you program computers. What kind of computers do you work on programming?

Yea, i started off with the client side, html, css and javascript. I really enjoyed the serverside stuff though. I can see how my wording was confusing, i meant i did both :D the machines i program now are CNC machines for manufacturing. Very similar to robots.

Yea, i started off with the client side, html, css and javascript. I really enjoyed the serverside stuff though. I can see how my wording was confusing, i meant i did both :D the machines i program now are CNC machines for manufacturing. Very similar to robots.

Interesting. Perhaps you'll be the one to found Skynet (A Terminator reference)! :hmm::giggle:

Back