Who has the right?

There is no way the woman across the street can hear the t.v. and she will call the cops anyway.

I still think you do not get it. Read what you just said: the woman isn't even being bothered by your TV and she'll still call the cops? So she is a mean crappy lady. It has nothing to do with "deaf rights" or "hearing rights" or anything of the kind. It has to do with the fact that neighbors sometimes suck.

It seems like that lady has a few loose screws in her head. If she is the only one constantly calling the cops on u not anyone else, u can report her for harrassment. Get some witnesses from your other neighbors and have them testify that your TV is not on too loud. Just some ideas...

It seems like that lady has a few loose screws in her head. If she is the only one constantly calling the cops on u not anyone else, u can report her for harrassment. Get some witnesses from your other neighbors and have them testify that your TV is not on too loud. Just some ideas...

That is a very good idea.

Unless the TV is all the way up, it usually can't be heard across the street. Even when it's close to all the way up, unless it's in the front room with the door and all the windows up, it's not always heard, even by hearing people. Usually it's the music with lots of bass that carries most.

Maybe the woman across the street thought she heard a sound
from your place. People do make mistakes.

If -you- are hoh and don't know how loud it is, someone else -might- be able to hear it. I've had neighbors come and complain about my music/tv/whatever before. I apologised and started using these tcoil earhooks that connect to the tv. (I'm pretty sure they have wireless ones (both as headphones and as earhooks) but they're more expensive.) I can hear the tv at my comfortable level, and I don't disturb anyone else. Problem solved, for about 30$.

You have rights as a deaf/hoh person, but that DOESN'T mean being deaf automatically allows you to infringe on others right. People want quiet time and rest, and if you're taking away from that, they can complain.

Back