Which country best for Deafies?

evb1200

Reaction score
Whats your opinion on this question?

Where in the bad old world are Deafies bein treated the best? I am not talking about pension and other kind of dole monies but rather out of a human rights view.

Fire away:cool2:

It is hard to say as I never traveled abroad. Someone with extensive traveling or knowledge would be the better one to answer this. I dont want to form an opinion without having all the facts about how deaf people are treated in each country. However, I head that Sweden seems to be the best.

We get 'free' NHS HAs here in the UK, so I suppose that's a plus point. They are actually paid for by high taxes and National Insurance payments. Although, that does at least mean that HAs are accessible to all, regardless of your income.

Deaf awareness isn't very good here, especially in the workplace, there's not much education on the problems that Deaf people experience.

I've only lived in USA. My grandfather was born in USA, left at 6 weeks so his mother could return to Sydney NSW, and Canberra (sp?) then he came back for college and rest of life. He must have liked it better here.

Canada is OK for deafies, but I doubt it is the best country for deafies. It would probably be either the Scandanavian countries, Switzerland or somewhere else in Europe.

Based on what?

The biggest thing I can think of is the fact that there are European countries with freer and better healthcare and their hearing aids are free. In Canada and the US, this is not the case.

The biggest thing I can think of is the fact that there are European countries with freer and better healthcare and their hearing aids are free. In Canada and the US, this is not the case.

For "D"eafies? Or are we talking about people with hearing loss in general?

Think about the services available, the technology (e.g. cell phones texting, relay, VP, etc) and so on.

Back