Where's the Jeep Patriot?

Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anyone actually seen or test driven the new Jeep Patriot? None of our local Jeep dealers has one on the lot yet. I've only seen it online. I can't afford to buy one now but I'm curious about it. I wonder if it's supposed to replace the discontinued Cherokee?

Jeep - Jeep - Patriot - Home

Hi Reba, Call the Jeep Headquarters and ask them where the Jeep Patriot is being shown in your home state. That is the fastest way. Hope this helps and God Bless :angel:

CONTACT JEEP - Customer Assistance
If you would like to talk to us about product concerns or dealer issues, please contact us.
You may also want to contact us with questions or comments.

Contact Us by Telephone
1-800-992-1997
M-F 8:00AM-5:00PM
Continental Time Zones

http://www-5.jeep.com/webselfservice/jeep/index.jsp?screenName=customer&country=us&emailUrl=goToEmailForm%28%27R%27%29

OHHH that is nice!!! but I already have a 96 cherokee... not sure if that's a replacement though.. that's a good question

I saw them about a month ago. It is really nice but cannot afford it either!!! I'll stick with my Jeep! :) It runs awesome, and love it!

OHHH that is nice!!! but I already have a 96 cherokee... not sure if that's a replacement though.. that's a good question
I have a 95 Cherokee. :)

I don't need a new one yet but I'm just thinking about the future.

I saw them about a month ago. It is really nice but cannot afford it either!!! I'll stick with my Jeep! :) It runs awesome, and love it!
What kind of Jeep do you have?

Where did you see the Patriot? Did you try it?

The infamous Cherokee sport! We had it since early 2002 and still loving it! Ain't gonnal trade or sell it til it falls apart!

As of right now, I am in market for Jeep Wrangler. All based on experience I have with Jeep with 4.0L engine I am gonna stick with Jeep as "Only in a Jeep".

These 4.0L engine is truly powerful engine, much more powerful than GM 4.3L engine!

Nope we haven't test drive but yea we have seen them on dealer lot, so is Jeep Wrangler 4x4x4 too.

What kind of Jeep do you have?

Where did you see the Patriot? Did you try it?

That's right baby! Love my JEEP!! I ain't give it up! :giggle:

Only thing I really wish it has stick shift instead of automatic! I do miss stick shift! Oh well. As long as my Jeep runs great, that's all count! :thumb:
The infamous Cherokee sport! We had it since early 2002 and still loving it! Ain't gonnal trade or sell it til it falls apart!

As of right now, I am in market for Jeep Wrangler. All based on experience I have with Jeep with 4.0L engine I am gonna stick with Jeep as "Only in a Jeep".

These 4.0L engine is truly powerful engine, much more powerful than GM 4.3L engine!

Nope we haven't test drive but yea we have seen them on dealer lot, so is Jeep Wrangler 4x4x4 too.

The Patriot is a replacement for the Cherokee back in, I think 2002 since I used to work for a chain of dealership through online in 2001 and it was a big subject. I was an Auto Internet Sales Consultant working for Chrysler, Jeep, and Dodge as well as Daewoo (before GM LBO), and used cars. Well, a lot of us sales people werent too happy about the replacement. Too short on trunk, lost its unqiues, etc.

The Patriot is a replacement for the Cherokee back in, I think 2002 since I used to work for a chain of dealership through online in 2001 and it was a big subject. I was an Auto Internet Sales Consultant working for Chrysler, Jeep, and Dodge as well as Daewoo (before GM LBO), and used cars. Well, a lot of us sales people werent too happy about the replacement. Too short on trunk, lost its unqiues, etc.
Thanks for the info.

I was wondering about that. I don't think the Patriot is publicly promoted as a replacement for the Cherokee but in my own observation it seemed to be just that.
The timing of its arrival, and the void that was left by discontinuing the Cherokee seemed to indicate that was the intent.

It's a shame they couldn't have just kept the Cherokee and updated its features.

The new features that I like on the Patriot could have been introduced on the Cherokee. I like the sunroof, automatic tire pressure monitor, and GPS.

Hubby has a Commander, and one thing that disappointed us was the lack of cargo space and "cubbie" storage. We need the 7-passenger seating, so we can't fold down the seats when we have a full "crew" on board. It's either cargo or people, not both at the same time. We used to have a Durango, and it had the third row seat PLUS more cargo space. I think the Commander is about one foot shorter than the Commander. One foot does make a difference.

I'll be hanging on to my '95 Cherokee for a while longer. :)

It looks like Cherokee will be discontinued
something just like the one I had "Jeep Wagoneer"
which already had been discontinued during that time
when Cherokee took over Wagoneer during 80's and
now this year Patriot seem to be taking over Cherokee.

Hope they still continue "Wranger" FOREVER because
we do NOT like to see the Changes.

I will try a test drive on Patriot someday and get back here
sometime soon because the Jeep dealer is only a couple of miles
away from here.

June 18, 2001

Toledo plant to push out its final Jeep Cherokee

TOLEDO, Ohio — As assembly workers prepare to roll out the last Jeep Cherokee, Jeep employees and Cherokee owners recall the nearly 18 years the model was in production and the tradition the sport utility vehicle created here.
After Friday, the Jeep model will no longer be made. DaimlerChrysler is ending production of the Cherokee to begin production of the new Jeep Liberty small SUV.

:(

June 18, 2001

TOLEDO, Ohio — As assembly workers prepare to roll out the last Jeep Cherokee, Jeep employees and Cherokee owners recall the nearly 18 years the model was in production and the tradition the sport utility vehicle created here.
After Friday, the Jeep model will no longer be made. DaimlerChrysler is ending production of the Cherokee to begin production of the new Jeep Liberty small SUV.

Looks like the lack of Wisdom in their Business Decision Ugh...

By the way, I somehow noticed this article date was
written/published on Monday June 18, 2001 ....

NOTE: IF I am the CEO, I would be sure to
KEEP the name "Jeep Cherokee" forever. I still
could NOT figure out why did they discontinue it ?

Thanks for the info.

I was wondering about that. I don't think the Patriot is publicly promoted as a replacement for the Cherokee but in my own observation it seemed to be just that.
The timing of its arrival, and the void that was left by discontinuing the Cherokee seemed to indicate that was the intent.

It's a shame they couldn't have just kept the Cherokee and updated its features.

The new features that I like on the Patriot could have been introduced on the Cherokee. I like the sunroof, automatic tire pressure monitor, and GPS.

Hubby has a Commander, and one thing that disappointed us was the lack of cargo space and "cubbie" storage. We need the 7-passenger seating, so we can't fold down the seats when we have a full "crew" on board. It's either cargo or people, not both at the same time. We used to have a Durango, and it had the third row seat PLUS more cargo space. I think the Commander is about one foot shorter than the Commander. One foot does make a difference.

I'll be hanging on to my '95 Cherokee for a while longer. :)

hey girl! (woman! mind you! :giggle:) long time no chat!
i have a 98 jeep GRAND cherokee and LOVE it but it is FALLING APART! :tears: ... it is a LONG FOOKING STORY!

i wonder if the patriot rides/drive like a "car" or like a "truck" if you get my drift? i hated the "cherokee" when i first test drove it... which is why i chose the grand cherokee because it rides/drives like a "car"... i am pondering about trading it ... but it is still up in the air cuz of the money situation at this point... and it is probably too early to check their reviews/consumer reports too, ya know? because that's how i do my research! :thumb:

one of my sister's best friends has the commander... i think it is a neat looking suv... i am just surprised about the cargo... the cargo is a MUST for me! as we travel a lot... meaning the liberty is out even though it is very cute...

hey girl! (woman! mind you! :giggle:) long time no chat!
Hey! :P

...i wonder if the patriot rides/drive like a "car" or like a "truck" if you get my drift?
I don't know. That's the problem. None of the local Jeep dealerships has a Patriot on the lot. So I can't get a test drive. :dunno:

... and it is probably too early to check their reviews/consumer reports too, ya know? because that's how i do my research! :thumb:
I agree. I don't know if it's been tested yet.

one of my sister's best friends has the commander... i think it is a neat looking suv... i am just surprised about the cargo... the cargo is a MUST for me! as we travel a lot... meaning the liberty is out even though it is very cute...
In my Hubby's Commander there is lots of cargo space IF you fold down the seats. The problem is, if you need cargo space AND passenger seats, you can't use them both at the same time. You have to choose, passengers OR cargo.

last model year for Cherokee is 2002, Liberty is the cherokee successor. wWrangler will NEVER stop production because there is die hard wrangler fans out there. I may be a diehard wrangler fan! Jusat got my first wrangler!!! Will pick it up this Saturday.

It looks like Cherokee will be discontinued
something just like the one I had "Jeep Wagoneer"
which already had been discontinued during that time
when Cherokee took over Wagoneer during 80's and
now this year Patriot seem to be taking over Cherokee.

Hope they still continue "Wranger" FOREVER because
we do NOT like to see the Changes.

I will try a test drive on Patriot someday and get back here
sometime soon because the Jeep dealer is only a couple of miles
away from here.

Back