Where is the best state to live in the us?

Hannah louise

Reaction score
Where is the best place to live in the us?

Hi!
Where would the best state in america be to live in? Considering that i like having the 4 seasons (like, I like snowy winters and hot summers), i would like to be a midwife, i don't like a place too big, just a nice cosy town. I'm been looking into Breckenridge, Colorado. What do you guys think?
Thanks!:)

If you're talking the best season year-round, multiple review sites and opinions always agree that San Diego, CA is the best in the west if not the whole americas. :P

Breckinridge is a bit expensive. Have you checked real estate costs? Good luck if you can afford it.

Since you are used to wet and cool (Ireland), I always liked the Pacific Northwest area. Not too hot, not too cold. Northern California if you want warmer.

Hi!
Where would the best state in america be to live in? Considering that i like having the 4 seasons (like, I like snowy winters and hot summers), i would like to be a midwife, i don't like a place too big, just a nice cosy town. I'm been looking into Breckenridge, Colorado. What do you guys think?
Thanks!:)

Breck's nice. I go there often.

I'm moving to a mountain town for this very reason. Water for the summer and the ski slopes for the winter.

Breckinridge is a bit expensive. Have you checked real estate costs? Good luck if you can afford it.

Since you are used to wet and cool (Ireland), I always liked the Pacific Northwest area. Not too hot, not too cold. Northern California if you want warmer.

Breck's not THAT expensive. I was surprised at the real estate costs the last time I went there. Much lower than I thought.

AR - low crime rate and low cost of living, although I am sure there are more exciting places to live than here.

You want to be in Michigan. The northern part (just not the UP-Upper Peninsula). Check out Traverse City. That's the biggest town with hundreds of small towns around. I grew up 30 miles from there. It's exactly what you are asking for.

You want to be in Michigan. The northern part (just not the UP-Upper Peninsula). Check out Traverse City. That's the biggest town with hundreds of small towns around. I grew up 30 miles from there. It's exactly what you are asking for.

Michigan's dying.

Hi!
Where is the best state/place (and about in the state) in the us to live? Considering that i would like to be a midwife, i like cold, snowy winters and warm (not too warm) summers. Also i'm not a fan of huge cities jus nice, small, cozy town. Thanks a lot!!
:)

Alaska

It's not dying... It's um.... Getting back to its roots!!! :)

Well, I feel very safe livin' in Ohio. Mother nature not so bad here. Too much snow in Colorado. Down south, drought problems. Out west, wild fire problems and big earthquakes. Midwest, violent storms. East coast, hurricane and major snowstorms. Ohio is like a hidin' place.

ive lived around, and i love the cold so chicago was the best for me. but for all seasons virginia beach is great! really hot summers and right next to the beach, and cold winters but no snow.

Want all 4 seasons and the beauty of them? I think Vermont or New Hampshire would be the best or so from what I have heard and read. I would love to visit there.

Back