Where are you from?

So do I, I'm Air Force Brat.... No wonder we fly everywhere.

oh..I'm from 26°53'41.95" N 41°40'50.62" W

I wonder if we ever lived on the same bases? I was born at Keasler AFB in Boloxi Miss., then we moved Jackson Miss. Not sure if there was a base there, my dad is an air traffic controller I think that might have been where he was teaching. Then we moved back to Keasler. I lived the first 6 years of my life in MIss, then we moved to Seymor Johnson AFB in NC, then Clark AFB in the Philippines, McCord AFB in Wa., Scott AFB in Il, then my dad got out of the AF early, retired at 16 years honorably discharged when the downsized the military in the 90's. He took the early retiredment to work for the FAA. then we moved to OK for a few months, then NH. I lived there for 16 years, left when I was 31, been here in Myrtle Beach, SC for 6 years.

I wonder if we ever lived on the same bases? I was born at Keasler AFB in Boloxi Miss., then we moved Jackson Miss. Not sure if there was a base there, my dad is an air traffic controller I think that might have been where he was teaching. Then we moved back to Keasler. I lived the first 6 years of my life in MIss, then we moved to Seymor Johnson AFB in NC, then Clark AFB in the Philippines, McCord AFB in Wa., Scott AFB in Il, then my dad got out of the AF early, retired at 16 years honorably discharged when the downsized the military in the 90's. He took the early retiredment to work for the FAA. then we moved to OK for a few months, then NH. I lived there for 16 years, left when I was 31, been here in Myrtle Beach, SC for 6 years.

Oh wow, that's were we live, we moved from England to Biloxi, MS in 1969, few weeks before Hurricane Camile and that's where my father went in Keesler, AFB for the next 6 years. My father is medical Dr before he decided to become Nuclear med. Then we moved to MD and stay there for the rest of our time.

Oh wow, that's were we live, we moved from England to Biloxi, MS in 1969, few weeks before Hurricane Camile and that's where my father went in Keesler, AFB for the next 6 years. My father is medical Dr before he decided to become Nuclear med. Then we moved to MD and stay there for the rest of our time.

hey you might have been there when I was born. You moved there in 69 and were there for 6 years? I was born in Feb 75', the year you left :)

hey you might have been there when I was born. You moved there in 69 and were there for 6 years? I was born in Feb 75', the year you left :)

Probably, we tend to move somewhere before school start. If I stayed longer and us in same school, I would have pick on you. <grin>

Probably, we tend to move somewhere before school start. If I stayed longer and us in same school, I would have pick on you. <grin>

Pretty much everywhere we moved I went to at least 2 different schools. We'd have to wait for housing on the base, for like 6 months we'd live in some other town and I would go to that school, then we'd move onto the base and I would start going to the school there. blah heck in the philippines I went to 2 different elementary's and the then the middle school, and we only lived there 3 years. When we moved to Wa, I went to an elementary school off base, then a different one on base and then a Junior High school. I went to 2 different schools my Freshman year of high school, one in Il and then another one in Ok :( moved to NH right before my sophmore year, so I got to go to that school all the way to graduation :) because dad wasn't in the AF anymore at that point.

Pretty much everywhere we moved I went to at least 2 different schools. We'd have to wait for housing on the base, for like 6 months we'd live in some other town and I would go to that school, then we'd move onto the base and I would start going to the school there. blah heck in the philippines I went to 2 different elementary's and the then the middle school, and we only lived there 3 years. When we moved to Wa, I went to an elementary school off base, then a different one on base and then a Junior High school. I went to 2 different schools my Freshman year of high school, one in Il and then another one in Ok :( moved to NH right before my sophmore year, so I got to go to that school all the way to graduation :) because dad wasn't in the AF anymore at that point.

Yeah, that what my brother and sisters hate the most, moving around, lose friendships and such. I was born in Philly, then move to Calif, then to England, and once moved to Biloxi, it's a culture shock for me. That was during the segregation, it's an harsh reality for me. Then I got better when we move to MD, from Freshman to Senior years then off to RIT and stayed there for 15 then moved back to MD. When my father learned that if he promote to General, he will have to move again. So, he decided to retired.

I'm from Birmingham metro, 30 miles away from downtown Birmingham.

Know I answered already, but I will expand my answer.
Originally Conway, Arkansas, then Cape Coral, Florida, Lake Wales, Florida, Atlanta, Georgia, Lake Wales Florida (again), Indianapolis, Indiana, Greenacres City, Florida, Nashville, TN, West Palm Beach, Forida, Lake Worth, Florida, West Palm Beach, Florida, Columbia, Missouri, Hallsville, Missouri, Villa Ridge, Missouri, and finally back to Haverhill, Florida. (Haverhill is a part of West Palm Beach)

Back