When you were little girl or boy, What did you want to be when you grew up?

ten kids......

I always wanted to have ten kids...because my mom adopted nine children!! And I always wanted to live in France and be a missionary.

But after I graduated, I was hoping to be a mom at early age. Fortunately, my path had changed to many adventrous events. I lived in Hawaii, NYC, Washington state, and I traveled a lot!!! I camped a lot!!! I went to convention several times. I went to Miss Deaf America Pageant and Deaf Way 2. I had so much fun. I also made a huge mistake of my life...meeting someone that I didn't plan on. But that lesson has taught me a better person. I looked back, I couldn't ask for erasing my mistake. I am glad I made all those choices for who I am today. :)

Now I am almost graduating in B.A. with Recreation and ASL. I am more likely leaning to ASL teaching since I am an ASL tutor with Kuijfe75!!! He rocks!

I just so love my life!

Be a soldier and do alots of good ... Soldering requires hearing... but I enjoy reading military manuals. I pretty much got to travel alots all over the USA. Still waiting to go to college and study something in the law enforcement field not sure what??? CSI or what? have to wait and see what options are at Gallaudet or NTID, who knows I could go in a different direction????

Heath said:
Be a soldier and do alots of good ... Soldering requires hearing... but I enjoy reading military manuals. I pretty much got to travel alots all over the USA. Still waiting to go to college and study something in the law enforcement field not sure what??? CSI or what? have to wait and see what options are at Gallaudet or NTID, who knows I could go in a different direction????

Heath,

The only one that's holding you back is you. What you want to do, go for it, who cares what people think! :thumb:

When I was a little girl, I wanted to be in Air Force to fly those jet, K-9 canine handler. So I couldn't do those as I'm Deaf, the next one is Veterinarian.

Today, I'm slowly getting in the path of Veterinarian. (soon, I will be applying.)

When I was a little girl, I wanted to be an ice skater, professional softball player, a vet, and so many other things. However, as I entered high school, I realized that I wanted to be an interior designer but VR took away my dreams when I was 18 years old telling me that due to my deafness, it would be near impossible. I had no self-esteem at the time from years of people telling me that I cant do this or that cuz of my deafness so I believe her. That bitch!

So, I went to school on a softball scholarship not knowing what to major in since my dreams of being an interior designer were shattered. Changed majors and then after 2 years of college, I quit to really think about what it was I really wanted to be. I volunteered as an aide at a deaf school and thought teaching would be fun and I was always wondering why many deaf people struggle with reading and writing. I go back to school and continued until I got my Master's so now I am a teacher. In the back of my head, I still dream about being an interior designer but how would I pay for school? Need to pay for my kids" colleges first so if the opportunity even presents itself, maybe I will go for it. If not, that's fine..I can always take non credit classes in that and just use it as a hobby.

I wish I had more confidence and told that VR woman to fuck off and that I can do anything I want. :pissed:

When I was a little girl, I've always wanted to be a lawyer for the deaf. Always wanted to defend deaf people for their rights. I also would love to be an ice skater... to spell out the word on the ice " J e s u s " in handwritin' along with beautiful music that is made in Heaven. LOL Would love to play skit in an ice skatin' too. :)

When I was a young child, I wanted to be a model on the runway working side by side with my mom who was a fashion designer in NYC. I went to modeling school to learn about what every model should know. As the years went by, my height growth slowed down. I'm only 5' tall and models are over 5'11".

I wanted to be (in order....as I grew): A cowboy just like Tom Mix, Johnny Mac Brown, Gene Autry, lol....then a barber, later a pharmacist, then a priest, later, something in one of the helping professions, still later, a paralegal...

I wanted to be.....many things. LOL Now I'm a custodial worker at Everett Naval Station.

me want......

FBI or Police Horse :giggle: I will bust all of you Ader!!! heh :whistle:

When I was kid, I was expcted to be teacher and own a beautiful house, now... nothing is happen due real estate market has been shot up.

I'm go for graphic design or related.

Been in the ministry as a lay person for 18 yrs, called it quits five yrs ago, went back to school, didn't know what for. Now, I'm a communication major with a journalism minor.

To start off, my mother wanted me to go to Gallaudet, I wanted to go to Texas Christian University to become a journalist. Now, I'm doing what I actually wanted to and that is to become a journalist, hopefully someday, a television news anchor.

I wanted to be an airline pilot in high school, then switched to journalism. Due to trolls that have almost destroyed my career in the ministry, I have turned a new leaf and am actually quite excited about my future. I've also been busy writing and reporting for my university's newspaper.

Call me a journalist that is a Christian, not a Christian journalist, as I am NOT "right wing." Never will be and I do write objectively. :)

I need to update this. I transferred back to MSUM where I'm a Communication Studies major. I have one year left after this, then onto law school to fight for deaf kids, animal rights, criminal and environment law. I haven't decided where to attend yet, though.

Back