When two 'objective tests' conflict..........

Cloggy - Have you heard this of AN/AD in Norway? *curious*

Cloggy - Have you heard this of AN/AD in Norway? *curious*

:bowlol::bowlol:

I think commonly used idiom is "the blind leading the blind." In this case, however, its the hearing leading the hearing, but the results will no doubt be the same.:giggle:

Practice what you preach........thanks:)

If you have something to contribute to the topic, please do so. If you are in here simply to made snide remarks, including the post above the quoted one, then please find another thread in which to do so. This thread is concerned with the education of deaf children.

That's what you fail to understand, loml. I do.:cool2: But obviously, you know nothing about congruency.
"congruency" ... beautiful word... :shock:
Anyone knowing it without first looking it up.. raise your hand ??? :P

"congruency" ... beautiful word... :shock:
Anyone knowing it without first looking it up.. raise your hand ??? :P

That is my hand raised at the top. I know "congruency" without a CI or cued speech.

Why don't you? Meaning "harmony or agreement"

Or are you making fun because you think should say "congruence"?

That is my hand raised at the top. I know "congruency" without a CI or cued speech.

He is simply attempting to deflect the topic, Bottesini, because he has nothing to say that would support the article, or discredit my claims with evidence. It is very predictable behavior for him.:roll: Just another poor attempt at sarcasm.

He is simply attempting to deflect the topic, Bottesini, because he has nothing to say that would support the article, or discredit my claims with evidence. It is very predictable behavior for him.:roll:

Sorry, Jillio. I am a very literal thinker.:Oops:

I think it is an indirect insult to the deaf members here on AD. I saw no point in that post unless it was an attempt to insult many of us as if we arent intelligent enough to know what that word mean. That's why I didnt respond to it cuz I saw no purpose to that post.

"Acting deaf" take it however you want to mean. I was poking fun at myself about that comment and I cant believe how of a big deal it was made into be.

Can we move on and discuss the topic?

No, just never heard in a sentence.... have you?

Being Dutch, Living in Norway might have something to do with it...

So glad it's a "normal"word'used in everyday conversation,..:roll:

Do you have anything to add to the topic, cloggy, or are you simply here to try to divert it? If you don't know the meaning of a word, there is a polite way to ask for clarification. Your reply was not asking for clarification, it was snide and sarcastic, and your intent was made evident as a result.

Oh, and if you are unfamiliar with a word used, you could always take a little responsibility for educating yoruself, and OMG...use a dictionary! Now, there's a novel solution.

Cloggy - No slack cut for hearing ESL learners here. :roll:

half full or hall empty.........

The topic of this post is AN/AD and how it can be misdiagnosed and the use of CS for these children and the successes of these families.

Strange indeed that some people find the need to make it about them, in a percieved negative connotation. Must get tiring. If a person is so embittered by such things, there are ways to learn to "let it go". It is all about choices. Best wishes with that. :)

The topic of this post is AN/AD and how it can be misdiagnosed and the use of CS for these children and the successes of these families.

Strange indeed that some people find the need to make it about them, in a percieved negative connotation. Must get tiring. If a person is so embittered by such things, there are ways to learn to "let it go". It is all about choices. Best wishes with that. :)

The article is about children with AN/AD, and therefore is about deaf children. Therefore it is about "them". When deaf chidlren are referred to, by professionals, in negative stereotypes, it affects not just that singualr child, but the community as a whole.

Perhaps, as it doesn't directly affect you, you find such insensitivity and innacuracy acceptable. I and many others don't. The use of such stereotypical language pereptuatues misinformation, and greatly reduces the credibility of the professional who uses it, not just in paractice, but in a publication.

The article is about children with AN/AD, and therefore is about deaf children. Therefore it is about "them". When deaf chidlren are referred to, by professionals, in negative stereotypes, it affects not just that singualr child, but the community as a whole.

Perhaps, as it doesn't directly affect you, you find such insensitivity and innacuracy acceptable. I and many others don't. The use of such stereotypical language pereptuatues misinformation, and greatly reduces the credibility of the professional who uses it, not just in paractice, but in a publication.

Exactly! :gpost:

Oh boy... nothing new about you.... Mr..Know-it-all...

Back