When to tell?

sweet4u618

Reaction score
When is the best to tell your family and friends that "you are pregnant"?

When you feel its right.. and when your family is in a good mood or they're hoping for you to have the baby would be the best time to tell them! Good Luck!

whenever ur ready to tell. some ppl rather to wait 3 mos to make sure. Cuz could be risk of miscarriage. I did told my family/friends in one mos and half. We were pretty excited to tell them eh. Having a baby?

Are you speaking about any ages or when they're over 18?...

^Angel^ said:

I am not sure if you get what this thread is about. She was asking how long should a pregnant woman should wait before informing her family/friends about her condition.

"Breaking the news".... I agreed with Sherry because it would be devastasting to inform them again that you have lost the baby-- sort of killing the "buzz".

My friend who has been pregnant for 3 months (by an accident) finally built up courage to inform her mother about her pregnancy but the mother did take the news well! My friend was surprised. She was waiting until after the holidays-- she didn't want to ruin the Xmas and new-year's day and her mother's birthday in second week of Janurary. She waited until like last week to inform her mother.

Just don't do it on birthdays/holdiays/special days unless you KNOW they will be HAPPY 100%.

:)

The best time to tell family members is after you found out that they would be fine with them knowing about your pregnancy. But, like SherryCherish stated that, some women doesn't like to tell family during the first trimester because of fear of miscarrying. You can tell a close friend who you trust the most that you're pregnant for support, if the pregnancy is unplanned and good luck to you! ;)

^Angel^ said:

I'm 25 soon 26. I will tell my family if they notice that I am and I would say yes which would be easier in any time of this first or second trimseter. I already told few friends, and my bf told his family a bit but family already rumor to families who relatives in small town. I already wrote down on letter about I'm pregnant to Mom but not yet mail. So I might wait to mail it maybe just remove the pregnant words off of letter with pen and just tell her in person with right time. I'm someway to tell her someway maybe better wait until I am around 3 and half months. It seems complicated when to tell, otherwise I do believe that I just tell everyone once after Health Dept said yes I am pregnant. my believe in is telling truth, but other ways family can be annoying me to cause me to miscarriage but I should be faithfully and positive and just wait for a "real ready".

Good luck, and congrats!!! :) There is no specific time frame to when to spill the story. It really depends on you, your boyfriend and the rest of the friends and family. We did announce fairly quickly. I didn't have problem cuz my brother had baby when he was in teenager. Me, 35 years old, finally had baby. So it is not a big deal for me.

sweet4u618 said:
I'm 25 soon 26. I will tell my family if they notice that I am and I would say yes which would be easier in any time of this first or second trimseter. I already told few friends, and my bf told his family a bit but family already rumor to families who relatives in small town. I already wrote down on letter about I'm pregnant to Mom but not yet mail. So I might wait to mail it maybe just remove the pregnant words off of letter with pen and just tell her in person with right time. I'm someway to tell her someway maybe better wait until I am around 3 and half months. It seems complicated when to tell, otherwise I do believe that I just tell everyone once after Health Dept said yes I am pregnant. my believe in is telling truth, but other ways family can be annoying me to cause me to miscarriage but I should be faithfully and positive and just wait for a "real ready".

First I would like to say Congratulate on your pregnancy :hug:, yes I agree with you and the others, it's best to wait until you're 3 months pregnant because of a chance for a miscarriage.....I wish you all the best, and keep us update how your pregnancy goes.....

Back