When kid can sit front?

here what you do, you pull over and you tell your son that you are going to stay there as long as you can until he keep his seatbelt on. Everytime he take it off, pull over. It worked for our son as he didn't like being stuck in one place with nothing to do. He was around that age too when I did that (he learned how to take off his safety belt)

I had same issue with my sons back then. Now they're older. I remember that my oldest son took off belt while I was driving. I told him put it back on, he won't. I slammed the brake as hard as I can and he just literally planted his face on back of front passenger seat and bounced back to seat. He was freaked out (it was only 15 mph and he's not hurt but shaken). I sic him to put belt on. He obeyed and that day afterward, he never take off belt while riding. My daughter (she's the oldest child) laughed about it and told him to always put belts on or else you'll fly through the window.

I heard about law in Kansas which is pretty much similiar to Canadian's child seat law.

Catty

Lighthouse, the "don't make me pull this car over" approach works well for me. Highly recommend it!

I had same issue with my sons back then. Now they're older. I remember that my oldest son took off belt while I was driving. I told him put it back on, he won't. I slammed the brake as hard as I can and he just literally planted his face on back of front passenger seat and bounced back to seat. He was freaked out (it was only 15 mph and he's not hurt but shaken). I sic him to put belt on. He obeyed and that day afterward, he never take off belt while riding. My daughter (she's the oldest child) laughed about it and told him to always put belts on or else you'll fly through the window.

I heard about law in Kansas which is pretty much similiar to Canadian's child seat law.

Catty

Haha, yea my friend suggest me to push brake hard..everytime Damien unbelt..only if no cars behind me. So I will do that but only if 10 mph..heh. I am sure it will work..ill do that everytime he unbelt..he would hate it for sure.

Yea, I belong in the back seat, too. At 5 ' 3" we're both barely tall enough to avoid air bag damage.

I always buy a car with seats that adjust higher electrically. It's that or phone books.

Back