Wheelchair ramp

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
I took pictures of this house with wheelchair ramp. It's sad that neighbors in one area would complain about ramps. No one has problem with the ramp by house by me.

I didn't want to show address number which is why my hand is out there.

So what do you think of that ramp? Would it have been done better or does it seem ok?

Attachments

• ramp.jpg
    ramp.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 24
  • ramp1.jpg
    ramp1.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 27
I took pictures of this house with wheelchair ramp. It's sad that neighbors in one area would complain about ramps. No one has problem with the ramp by house by me.

So what do you think of that ramp? Would it have been done better or does it seem ok?

What it made me think of is the way the two houses are so close together and seem to have doors facing each other, if ever they both needed one they could get together and share one. Maybe make it slightly wider with a larger landing at the top.

It's a great ramp, that is sturdy and safe.

I agree and I would have no issues with it. If is snow there that ramp will very easy to shovel off too. A wooden ramp would a pain to shovel and would not last as long if they do get long winters like I do. My deck is wood and I have to be careful not harm the wood when shoveling the snow and ice off it. And flowers are planted along the sides. Someone took their time to made it look nice and blend in as best as they could .

Last edited:
What it made me think of is the way the two houses are so close together and seem to have doors facing each other, if ever they both needed one they could get together and share one. Maybe make it slightly wider with a larger landing at the top.

That would be a bad idea , it could create a liability for the person that build the ramp in the first place. You really need to be careful letting your neighbor using your property , especially a ramp .

Looks fine as long there's decoration around it. :)

It looks well-made and kept up nicely. I would have no objections.

Except for the giant hand out front. :lol:

That would be a bad idea , it could create a liability for the person that build the ramp in the first place. You really need to be careful letting your neighbor using your property , especially a ramp .
True, could be legal issues involved.

However, putting up a matching ramp would probably look good.

it's fine but for one with cerebral palsy... it's no good because in case a person gets incapacitated, the wheelchair will just roll all the way down to a street. that's why for a safety reason - a ramp zig-zags. and of course a zig-zag ramp is good space-saver but a long ramp would not be advisable for those with cerebral palsy or any medical condition that can cause a person to be incapacitated at any time.

That is what I am thinking too. I think Zig Zag is more safer than straight down to street, hope it isn't busy street. If it is on Cul De Sac (Street with dead end and circle end) then Im ok with it.

it's fine but for one with cerebral palsy... it's no good because in case a person gets incapacitated, the wheelchair will just roll all the way down to a street. that's why for a safety reason - a ramp zig-zags. and of course a zig-zag ramp is good space-saver but a long ramp would not be advisable for those with cerebral palsy or any medical condition that can cause a person to be incapacitated at any time.

Usually zoning board won't allow that. Some zoning I know must have right of way clearance of at least 5 feet from property line. My friend went though like that. Wants fence around the perimeter of the property, The zoning board said can't, must be at least 5 feet away from property line. I can see why, sometimes emergency responder may need to come in from back, and if there is no right of way, they are wasting time going around and figure out how to get in the house where its easier in the back.
My property don't have that zoning rule meaning I can put fence right on my property line. What I know about my neighbor zoning is, no main building can be less than 15 feet away from property line, sheds, fence, or something like that are exempted from that.

But your right, liability can be an issue, and if zoning allows that, then liability insurance rate will go up.

I don't know who lives there. I have no idea whether they have motorized or a regular wheelchair.

That would make a big difference in determining whether the ramp is safe or not.

I would hope the person had someone pushing the W/C for them . The house with the ramp on my street has turn to it to slow the W/C down . I see what you mean . Does the person use that ramp for a W/C or walk with a walker ?

It looks well-made and kept up nicely. I would have no objections.

Except for the giant hand out front. :lol:

6cqe.jpg

Took me 5 minutes. Too lazy to made perfect.

Enjoy a picture without a giant hand.

Back