whats your linux

What is your linux os
I currently run pclinuxos, screamix, and caine1.5
but my collection exceeds 200 different vervions of linux

I use Ubuntu 10.4 and soon will be 10.10 next month. :D

I still have to use windows 7 on my laptop because Video Relay Serivce support only windows xp or 7. grrr!! I wish VRS works on LINUX!!!!

I've used Ubuntu and Debian. Ubuntu is prettier and I like the Software Center for browsing apps, but I've only just started using Debian and it might grow on me over time.

I'm thinking of trying more Linux distros too. I run them in VMs which is a bit easier than trying to partition my hard drive every time I want to try out a new OS. Any recommendations?

I still have to use windows 7 on my laptop because Video Relay Serivce support only windows xp or 7. grrr!! I wish VRS works on LINUX!!!!

Dont worry, I've contacted with ZVRS myself and sent them strong messaged Email about Z4 for Linux. I willl wait and see what they say.

I've ran Windows base Z4 on Wines, It loads but won't run. I tried VMWare for Linux and installed Windows inside of it. Installed Z4 in it and ran it. It works but LAGGY at best!!

That's what pissing me off!!

Skype provided VideoChat for Linux and works great. I have Driverless Logitech Webcam and it works great (it's Logitech Vision Pro for Mac)

Webcam work fine on my Dell Mini under Ubuntu.

Catty

umm I have kubuntu 10.4 upgraded to 10.10 dual boot with window 7 and xp..yup triple boot. hmm.. dont ask dont tell lol..... also I use puppy linux in flash drive.. it does boot to any computers the best recognizable from any old to new computers to boot the flashdrive known as puppy lucid.. both distro I have is based on DEBIAN
yall can check these out distrowatch.org it show yall lot aobut any linux distro even rpm (redhat) novell, open suse, etc lalaa versa visa etc..

kubuntu dual boot with xp and win7.. and puppy lucid linux both based on debian

check distrowatch.org out.. has all linux distro you like to check out...

check iwrelay.com/cloud out..

it work on linux trust me.. all you need is to update the adobe flashplayer

but they are not yet work for iwrelay.com/cloud to any VP yet but they are working hard to make it work..

but VRS does work!!

btw skype, to skype works. just like iwrelay.com/cloud to iwrelay.com/cloud..

pretty much same but if you want VRS on your linux or mac.. this one will work no problem no installation neeeded only need adboe flashplayer updated that it..

I started off with Ubuntu and dabbled with Debian, but recently on a whim I backed up my /home and installed Mint Debian. It's working fine so far and I like the user interface better too. I also made sure to install /home on its own partition so I can distro hop without losing data :D

I was thinking of trying one of the more advanced-user distros sometime, like maybe Fedora or Arch. Has anyone got experience with them?

I started off with Ubuntu and dabbled with Debian, but recently on a whim I backed up my /home and installed Mint Debian. It's working fine so far and I like the user interface better too. I also made sure to install /home on its own partition so I can distro hop without losing data :D

I was thinking of trying one of the more advanced-user distros sometime, like maybe Fedora or Arch. Has anyone got experience with them?

Arch Linux I've use it and it's easy to install. It's not exactly advanced. Fedora Core is more advanced but easy to install and use. It have more advanced options than Arch Linux.

I liken Arch Linux as Mepis Linux (It is pretty much the same way)

Catty

Arch Linux I've use it and it's easy to install. It's not exactly advanced. Fedora Core is more advanced but easy to install and use. It have more advanced options than Arch Linux.

I liken Arch Linux as Mepis Linux (It is pretty much the same way)

Catty

I tried installing ArchBang on an old computer the other day, but it didn't work for some reason - it kept messing up when I tried to create a user account, so I was only able to log in as root. I read somewhere that it was a bug in that particular version of the CD. It's probably fixed by now I guess.

The main difficulty is that Arch isn't a LiveCD, so you need another computer to look up instructions on the internet while you install. Right now I don't have access to that.

Right now I'm running Linux Mint Debian Edition, and it's my favorite OS so far, so I probably won't distro hop for a while though.

Back