What's your dinner tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This evening I made shrimp lo-mien. Too bad my wok is still packed in the garage.

BLT with swiss cheese on small dinner rolls, rice,, and SanPellegrino lemonade.

Gin n Tonic (x2) and a pint of beer. And some chili. Yeah yeah, I know. I didn't feel like cookin... :D

Tomorrow I will smoke a corned beef brisket to make homemade pastrami, along with some country ribs. Should be fun!

last night was salad with a spicy tofu mix on it and apple

shalom <?> basicspaces.....
haven't ever tried my latkes with ketchup but maybe sometime I will:)

Tonight I will be doing just a plain old spaghetti and garlic bread. We do have pickled cucumber and onion slices as well.

Tonight I will be doing just a plain old spaghetti and garlic bread. We do have pickled cucumber and onion slices as well.

Aren't pickled cucumbers just called pickles?

And back to my usual boring existence.... tonight I will eat a salad with bleu cheese crumbles, and orange juice, plus a dinner roll with some weird olive oil fake butter that is seasoned with sea salt.

Aren't pickled cucumbers just called pickles?

And back to my usual boring existence.... tonight I will eat a salad with bleu cheese crumbles, and orange juice, plus a dinner roll with some weird olive oil fake butter that is seasoned with sea salt.

What I do with the cucumbers is I slice them thinly, have slice onion in thin slices and put them in a container with white vinegar, a little sugar and black pepper. They're not like pickles, but yes, you are right.

What I do with the cucumbers is I slice them thinly, have slice onion in thin slices and put them in a container with white vinegar, a little sugar and black pepper. They're not like pickles, but yes, you are right.

Does this have a name like "Piccalilli?" I think my great grandfather had a crystal dish on the dining table with that. Also cranberry jelly.

Plus he used to give me horehound drops, an old Victorian candy.

Tonight we had fish (in a fattening way) peas, California blend veggies and more pickled cucumbers & onions.

I usually bake the fish in foil packets with a little lemon juice, lemon pepper seasoning, thyme and diced tomato, but this evening, I used a seasoned flour with seasoned salt, lemon pepper seasoning and black pepper and browned them in a skillet with my dairy free butter. Made for a nice change.

Grilled chicken breast, pan fried red potatoes, and spinach salad.

I am trying to cook with less pasta and rice, but my teenagers never seem satisfied with dinner. They always come back for something around 8-9 pm. I did a week where we had the meat, 2 or 3 vegetables and some salad like jello, pudding or fruit or even a tossed salad. They still came away hungry. Then, I have the issue of them not liking much in the way of vegetables. One likes this but the other doesn't in vice versa. Any suggestions?

I am trying to cook with less pasta and rice, but my teenagers never seem satisfied with dinner. They always come back for something around 8-9 pm. I did a week where we had the meat, 2 or 3 vegetables and some salad like jello, pudding or fruit or even a tossed salad. They still came away hungry. Then, I have the issue of them not liking much in the way of vegetables. One likes this but the other doesn't in vice versa. Any suggestions?

How about whole grain pasta and brown rice or some other unrefined rice?

How about whole grain pasta and brown rice or some other unrefined rice?

When I tried those, the family hated them and it did something to my mother's blood levels and the doctor said to not have them.

When I tried those, the family hated them and it did something to my mother's blood levels and the doctor said to not have them.

:hmm: Sweet potatoes, baked in skin, and with butter and brown sugar put on at the table after they are opened.

They have a lot of fiber and will make them feel full longer.

Today's planned dinner is roast turkey tenderloin with potatoes, onion carrots and celery.

Botti - my kids don't even like sweet potatoes. Daughter thinks they are just plain "yucky" and son says they are too sweet. Even plain baked sweet potatoes are too sweet for him. He is becoming more and more picky as he gets older and she has always been picky. This is just my "cross to bear" and I will continue to try and work it out. Thanks for your suggestions.

Try Quinoa. It's a superfood and has a very pleasant/mild taste. You can eat it in place of rice or other grains, but it's not necessarily a grain and has much more nutritional value.

I cook it in the rice cooker the same way I cook rice. Only downside is that it's a little expensive and harder to find than the common starch stuff. The best thing to do is buy it in bulk from a health food store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back