What's your dinner tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhh, Souggy.....:drool: Jamaican.... mmmmmm

Bots, I hope you get your wish!

I ate all our lovely salad already, so I will probably have some leftover pinto beans and coleslaw. Poor hubby! :giggle:

At last I did receive text. The older daughter is on her way and we are going to go eat Jimmie John's sub sandwiches. And then watch Heroes! Yay:wave:

hope ya had nice time at Jimmy John's and watching Heroes, Bott:)
I love the JJ's slogan - "Free Smells!"

we have one Jamaican restaurant here but I don't how it is...

Casar salad , 2 pieces of BBQ chicken and a zero can of cherry coke.

Leeks

I went and done it bought my first leeks in my life! Always wanted too. Never knew what I would do with'em if I did. I am clueless as to what they even taste like so it is time I guess to google leeks!

I went and done it bought my first leeks in my life! Always wanted too. Never knew what I would do with'em if I did. I am clueless as to what they even taste like so it is time I guess to google leeks!

Be sure to split them open. They are full of dirt. They need a lot of cleaning before you use them in anything.

Cream of leek soup that is made with a chicken stock base and real cream is not too bad.

I want to get a leek so I can walk around and do military drills like this guy:

42f9ecabe7d4a0_full.jpg

It's a picture of a Pokemon called Farfetch'd. It's a bird that look like a duck or some kind of seabird that carry around a leek.

:giggle: souggy

one other thing with leeks is to not cut too high up on stalk, where is very thick, because the farther up you go, the more "branch-like" it gets, very thick/brushy, hard to make soft while cooking. Kinda like the outer leaves of artichokes.

At last I did receive text. The older daughter is on her way and we are going to go eat Jimmie John's sub sandwiches. And then watch Heroes! Yay:wave:

how did that go yesterday??

I love them boiled and added to mashed potatoes. They are also a great addition to soups, especially potato soup.

It's just after 5pm here, and I haven't decided yet- suggestions? I constantly make chili or curry and I want to do something new.

I do know that I have some packaged mixed berries to make a crumble with, for dessert. I'm thinking of putting cocoa powder into the crumble mix and mixing broken up oreos with the fruit for a chocolately crumble..I'm not sure if it's a good idea though.

Souggy, I used to dislike leeks but I've been loving them lately, fried with some melted cheese and black pepper. Inspirabull, have you eaten them yet? You could chop it up small and bake it in a pie with chicken and cream of mushroom soup as a sauce, if you eat meat.

I didn't say you dislike leeks, I meant that you'd reminded me of my opinion of them, with the picture! :p

I really like cream of leek soup - with soy milk. or other milk alternative.

that chocolate berry crumble sounds good, when can I come over?:lol:

I was in a different mood this morning and put some come cocoa powder in my oatmeal:lol:

Hehe, where do you live? I haven't made it yet, I have to make the main meal first but I haven't decided what to make. We have some leftover soup in the fridge which has celery in (ick) and I blended it and put curry powder in for a passable lunch, but there's lots of the original soup left and I don't really like it very much.

I think chocolate or cocoa powder makes everything taste nice :)

I want to get a leek so I can walk around and do military drills like this guy:

42f9ecabe7d4a0_full.jpg

It's a picture of a Pokemon called Farfetch'd. It's a bird that look like a duck or some kind of seabird that carry around a leek.

Thanks for the chuckle Souggy! I have lived a lifetime without leeks.... smiles .. it is like a symbolic vegetable event ... as I forge on into an unknown future..
empowered... like a big funny bird with a leek under my wing...

:giggle:well, I guess I better get going over there now cuz I'm gonna have to swim....

sometimes I am disappointed if I try to make something and I'm like, eeww, that didn't work - but at least I attempted it. Could you re-use the soup w/the celery as say, a sauce over something - say add some thickener, maybe some other spices and some sweetener and pour it some over kinda protein you could bake.....

oooohhhh I love chocolate:D my dad does too:D CliffBar <healthfood protein/energy bar> makes a great<to me> whole foods bar called "Nectar". It's a line of bars of different types, with a nut <walnuts, cashews, almonds or pecans, or combination thereof> base and then unsweetened chocolate, fruit, spice like cinnamon and/or vanilla.

I have a plan

It sounds like potatoes are a natural mate for these leeks. I a vision of a very rich soup with chicken broth, chicken, carrots, potatoes, leeks and pour milk into it before serving.
I am wondering how they would be lightly sauteed in butter as a side for scrambled eggs. Hmmmm. Thanks for the ideas folks.,
We got snow!

Mmmm inspirabull that sounds delicious! Yay for snow! It's just cold and dark and damp here.

Hmm, there's an idea- maybe I could make a pasta bake with it. It tastes kind of parsnippy/sweet and is thick a bit mushy.

I don't like nuts, except extra-salty cashew nuts. When I was vegan I found a whole-food bar with cocoa which was moist and delicious. I think the company was called 'naked', and they had different flavours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back