What's your dinner tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had pizza... :D So bad for me.... Sooooooo delicious... :D

steaaaaaaaks

Looks delicious! What kind of steaks are they? I stopped buying steaks because I no longer have a grill outside. Pan frying steaks don't seem to taste as good as on the grill to me. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Hmm. Seeing some of these are getting me drooling. I gotta get more food, and that grilled cheese sounds like an excellent idea for tonight. Might make me some fries to go with that. :hmm: I do have a electric fryer, so I might use that for the fries. I also have a non-stick pan, as well, so that'll help a lot.

Looks delicious! What kind of steaks are they? I stopped buying steaks because I no longer have a grill outside. Pan frying steaks don't seem to taste as good as on the grill to me. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Are you using steak seasoning? That's one way to do it right. I know a couple of people who do it that way, and one of them does it better than the other, and fills up the house with a too-good-to-resist smell.

Are you using steak seasoning? That's one way to do it right. I know a couple of people who do it that way, and one of them does it better than the other, and fills up the house with a too-good-to-resist smell.

It's not the seasoning that I have problems with. It's the tenderness of the steak. The grill makes steaks tender but pan frying them makes them tough, at least in my case. Maybe I'm buying the wrong kind of steaks to use on a pan.

Could it be the non-stick pan, maybe? Those usually help.

Mark

I am not a True Chicagoan; however, I am an IL boy, born and raised.

steaaaaaaaks

1604562_10103499024134469_2090488669_n.jpg

jiro, what kind of pan did you have?

Angus. NY Strip.

2 ways to do it that many chefs do -

1. pan all way (I prefer this method)
2. cook it on pan to sear outside and then put it in oven for like 10-15 min.

using iron pan is the best but I don't like using iron cuz it's a hassle to clean and maintain it. I use stainless steel pan.

precook - you need to salt the steaks and leave it out for like 30+ minutes. the steak temp has to come to as close as possible to room temperature so that when you cook it, it's not raw in middle.

to cook it on pan - use olive oil (or any oil you prefer) + butter + garlic. cooking steak on pan should take you about 10-15 minutes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmC9SmCBUj4]Gordon Ramsay: How to Cook the Perfect Steak - YouTube[/ame]

It's not the seasoning that I have problems with. It's the tenderness of the steak. The grill makes steaks tender but pan frying them makes them tough, at least in my case. Maybe I'm buying the wrong kind of steaks to use on a pan.

hhhhmmmmm............ several possibilities -

1. you're cooking it on pan too long that it dried out
2. you're not cooking it hot enough and quick enough
3. the pan you're using is no good
4. the steak was probably too cold when you cook it

you should try this -
1. salt and season it and leave it out on table for like 30+ min (1 hr max) to let its core temperature get warmer.

2. heat up your pan and make sure the heat is spread out evenly. please don't get a cheap pan because it gets warped easily. if your pan is wobbling on flat surface... get rid of it. it's useless.

3. high heat high heat high heat!!!!! cook it hot and quick! this should take you up to 15 min to cook a steak. btw - I don't mean like maximum heat. just little bit above half but it's hot enough.

4. when you're done cooking... put it on plate and let it cool for like 15-20 min so that the juice will stay inside the meat as you cut it and will spill out inside your mouth. eating it right away after cooking... you will see tons of juice spilling out on plate as you cut it... what a waste!!!!!

5. while cooking steak and everything's all good... but if you see some area that is kinda raw because sometimes the steak get warped and that area doesn't touch the pan so it's ok to pick up your steak with tongue and press it against pan to cook it.

your steak should be less than 1" thick. any thicker.... it's probably best to do pan + oven method. grill is the best for this though.

few questions for you -
1. what kind of pan are you using? stainless steel? non-stick flat? non-stick dimple? iron? cheap one (half steel, half aluminum)?
2. what kind of stove? gas or electric?
3. what kind of steak do you buy? and how thick?

Could it be the non-stick pan, maybe? Those usually help.

Mark

oh god... non-stick pans are banned from my kitchen. it's lazy! and it's an insult! :lol:

Sorry!! Peace out, man.

Mark

Which part? My post or this signature? If you haven't yet heard, AllDeaf has hooked up with TapaTalk. Pretty interesting stuff here.

Mark

Which part? My post or this signature? If you haven't yet heard, AllDeaf has hooked up with TapaTalk. Pretty interesting stuff here.

Mark

oh the signature.... you should get rid of it lol

Yeah, I probably should. :hmm: See what I can come up with.

Mark

The problem is now you have 2 signatures, your tapatalk and the forum signature. One is enough.

I do, don't I? All right, this one goes.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back