What's your dinner tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

We are gonna have spaghetti for dinner. :)

We will be having beef stew with potato rolls.

To Denny's again with a large family group. I had pancakes with scrambled eggs and hashbrowns.

made burger with sliced potatoes and carrot with 2 cans of tomato soup in slow cooker...so good! It sorta like a stew...I grew up eat that...My hubby or my oldest didn't like it! My youngest seem like it but didn't eat all. Ok with me :) Yummy! Very easy dish!

Steak with onions and mushrooms, shrimp, and garlic mashed potatoes ... What a heart-clogging but YUMMY meal :)

Shrimp and crawfish alfredo, tossed salad and ice cream bar.

Tonight's menu calls for chicken, rice and green beans. Daughter is having digestive issues, so I have to do it as grease free as possible. We are also having Strawberry parfait jello with it.

I had chicken, sweet potato, cole slaw, and Diet Coke. :)

We had a change of plans. MIL had a guest come over to have a long conversation with her so I could not cook. We went to Perkins. I had chicken, bacon, fries and salad.

Last edited:
We had a change of plans. MIL had a guest come over to have a long conversation with her so I could not cook. We went to Perkins. I had chicken, bacon fries and salad.

Bacon fries?

Bacon fries?

Sorry - fixed it, It was actually a chicken sandwich with bacon, cheese, lettuce and tomato, but I ordered it without bun and cheese, so I have the chicken, bacon strips, lettuce and tomato along with fries.

Sorry - fixed it, It was actually a chicken sandwich with bacon, cheese, lettuce and tomato, but I ordered it without bun and cheese, so I have the chicken, bacon strips, lettuce and tomato along with fries.

Rats. :lol: I was actually hoping it was some new thing.

All I had was a small bacon sandwich.

We had chicken cooked with chicken broth and southwestern chipolte seasoning, yellow rice and green beans with bacon and onions.

We're currently cooking homemade pizza :)

That's what we had for dinner tonight! Homemade pepperoni pizza with homemade tomato pizza sauce, extra cheese on a homemade pizza base. All by my own hand. I just love cooking with making things by hand. No machines here.

A bit later, we are having pumpkin soup (the best way to get my finicky-eater young son to eat his vegetables). It again is my own recipe. An all-time family favourite! (btw, I do use a blender on the soup).

I've had pumpkin soup and I liked it; it was from one of those asceptic cartons though, so likely not so good as yours, Beclak. Creative method for your son:)

last night hubby and I went to dinner at a local brewhouse that makes their own beer and root beer; hubby loves some of their soup and a lot of their other dishes and we hadn't been out together for some time with all the various things and medical stuff going on <mom's hip, hubby heart cath>. He had roast pork, veggies side, with beer-battered mushroom appetizers....I had salad, their whole grain pasta with shrimp and loads of veggies - had them add extra <squash, carrots etc> and some marinara sauce on the side as opposed to the cream-based sauce that usually is on the dish.
Then we stopped on the way home and picked up some fresh berries for a dessert to share!

I've had pumpkin soup and I liked it; it was from one of those asceptic cartons though, so likely not so good as yours, Beclak. Creative method for your son:)

last night hubby and I went to dinner at a local brewhouse that makes their own beer and root beer; hubby loves some of their soup and a lot of their other dishes and we hadn't been out together for some time with all the various things and medical stuff going on <mom's hip, hubby heart cath>. He had roast pork, veggies side, with beer-battered mushroom appetizers....I had salad, their whole grain pasta with shrimp and loads of veggies - had them add extra <squash, carrots etc> and some marinara sauce on the side as opposed to the cream-based sauce that usually is on the dish.
Then we stopped on the way home and picked up some fresh berries for a dessert to share!

:wave: dogmom, your evening by what you have written, was a real winner. I'm so glad you were able to have that special time. Many of my American friends have never tried pumpkin soup. Soups are one of my favourite dishes to cook together with hand-homemade bread (done by hand kneading, not by bread-making machine). My personal favourite is wholemeal bread, but wholemeal flour is hard to come by where I live.

:wave::ty: BeckLak
I LOVE fresh, whole-grain bread. I bet yours is awesome! Sometimes I can get some really delicious fresh whole-grain multi-grain bread from a very small, local bakery here that comes to one of the Farmer's Markets. There's lots of good breads LIKE that available at the markets here but this specific one I'm thinking of is my favorite. It just has a depth of flavor to it... I think it has the best flavor of any of the local, whole-grain breads around where I am.
What are your other favorite soups and breads to make?

:wave::ty: BeckLak
I LOVE fresh, whole-grain bread. I bet yours is awesome! Sometimes I can get some really delicious fresh whole-grain multi-grain bread from a very small, local bakery here that comes to one of the Farmer's Markets. There's lots of good breads LIKE that available at the markets here but this specific one I'm thinking of is my favorite. It just has a depth of flavor to it... I think it has the best flavor of any of the local, whole-grain breads around where I am.
What are your other favorite soups and breads to make?

:D Tomato; Beef and Vegetable, Lentil and Potato, Minestrone, Chicken and Ginger Rice Porridge. Basic White Bread (kid-preferred); Pan-fried bread (dry fried); Potato and Vegetable Pasties; dinner rolls are also a family favourite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back