What's with MEN??

AJ said:

I agree about RebelGirl! Seriously, I think she'd be a great woman for any lucky man. And you know, that's fully evident from what she posts on this forum. I think the best part about her is that she's honest, and you know, I have a tremendous amount of respect for that in anyone.

:wiggle::dance::wiggle::dance::wiggle:

Endymion said:
I agree about RebelGirl! Seriously, I think she'd be a great woman for any lucky man. And you know, that's fully evident from what she posts on this forum. I think the best part about her is that she's honest, and you know, I have a tremendous amount of respect for that in anyone.

:wiggle::dance::wiggle::dance::wiggle:

thats what im saying. she's a peach

I agreed, I dont understand why mostly of men go after skinny girls. Honestly, I like to seeing girls with meat(fat or muscles) in them. And, Im overweight. I need to lose some weight for my healthy reason because of Insulin. I dated with many guys but they left me for another girls, I got digust abt it. Until I met Sequoias, Im more happier because he love me for who I am and accepted who I am. Honestly, Im glad to found him in my life. Also, I dont care how men look like even if they have a blind eye or dont have a leg or whatever like that, I would admit to date with them for FUN and getting know each other but Im already taken with my Sequoias ;) :ily: Sequoias.

Sweetheart said:
I agreed, I dont understand why mostly of men go after skinny girls. Honestly, I like to seeing girls with meat(fat or muscles) in them. And, Im overweight. I need to lose some weight for my healthy reason because of Insulin. I dated with many guys but they left me for another girls, I got digust abt it. Until I met Sequoias, Im more happier because he love me for who I am and accepted who I am. Honestly, Im glad to found him in my life. Also, I dont care how men look like even if they have a blind eye or dont have a leg or whatever like that, I would admit to date with them for FUN and getting know each other but Im already taken with my Sequoias ;) :ily: Sequoias.

:ily: :cuddle: :D

also women can also accept disabled men and I was told that I can make babies and that I know a paralyzed guy who is married and have two sons.

It's a sad fact that there are many people who's superficial.

I've known a couple of guys who said they prefer women with some meat on them rather than the stick chicks.

^Angel^ said:
Can anyone in here care to explain to me why some men seem to have a problem with dating a woman who may be a little overweight, why is the outside so important to some men?....

I can't seem to understand it myself, I mean if I was dating someone who was a bit overweight, I wouldn't even look at it from the outside, the only thing is important is the person's personality....

There are many women out there who is stuggle on their weight, and they are trying their hardest to lose the weight but it seem its not enough to some men, cause they can be quite picky....

Let's discuss this issue here......

It's a controversial discussion about how males perceive females. It involves many perspective sides in this. One will be religion, another will be logic, another will be taught.

Religion - If you read the holy books, you will see how God explains about females and marriage. He highlights several things.
  • First regarding about health and purpose: Women should feel beautiful about themselves, women should maintain their health and looks, women must be prepared to take care of their own responsibilities (this may be children, work, etc.).
  • Second regarding marriage: Males should choose a woman that most appealing to him in its entirety that he should appreciate (beauty, health, potential, personality, relationship, children). Women should feel obligated to please her husband by appealing to his wish. Women should please her husband one way or another.

Please note that this is the same for males - they must please their wife the same way they wish. Since this is about why males disliking overweight women, this will be focused on the issues of women.

Logic - If you observe how nature works, you will see many things that resemble how beauty is a symbol of power, importance, status, etc. Not just this but in animals.
  • First and foremost, male animals are attracted naturally to beauty.
  • Secondly, male animals choose their mates based upon their health and capability to nuture and care for babies.
  • Survival of the fittest - ones that are fully capable may live longer and/or be able to mother/father a baby to full growth.
  • Nature vs. Nuture creates controversy in this - Do we have a predetermined taste in which type of women are attractive? Do we become taught of which women are most tasteful?

Taught - In this modern world, education are usually taught by others. It often includes their own opinions. The mass media is rather full of opinion and slowly mainstreams their opinions into people's everyday discussions. The idea of what is fat and what is not becomes pre-determined easily.
  • The mass media often create controversy to increase ratings. However, those ratings come with a consequence. People can believe a claim and suffer from it, directly or indirectly. A programming show may talk about "The Most Beautiful Women of Year 2005" displaying rather exotic/beautiful pictures of these women in skimpy outfits. While it is rather a compiled piece of opinion of why they are beautiful, the viewers may believe otherwise that it is really what America wants.
  • Families tend to put pressure on you based on their own belief to be beautiful and fit. Sporting is encouraged, smartness is encouraged, hard work is encouraged. When one does not fit within the criteria, they become scolded.
  • Friends often create peer pressure and/or unspoken rivalry. One female may appear beautiful by wearing the best type of clothes and somehow attract amounts of compliments from the males. The friend of the female may feel inferior and try to top her friend to gather the same amount of compliment. This determines what is "right" and what is "wrong".

These three sections are possible reasons why males view women in a particular way. It is a debate of nature vs. nuture really. Nature in which males may naturally prefer a fit, lean woman over an overweight flop woman and nuture in which a male may be taught to appreciate beauty and/or even the personality behind the face. Not all men are the same since they are all raised differently. To blame one male and not another for not looking at your personality rather than your body would be quite naive.

The only culture I know that sees fat as a good thing would be the tribal South Africans that become fat as they could. The fattest are usually a sign of being plump - full of strength and capable. Males often choose women that look plump and attractive.

Hope this help.

-J.

Yiffzer said:
It's a controversial discussion about how males perceive females. It involves many perspective sides in this. One will be religion, another will be logic, another will be taught.

Religion - If you read the holy books, you will see how God explains about females and marriage. He highlights several things.
  • First regarding about health and purpose: Women should feel beautiful about themselves, women should maintain their health and looks, women must be prepared to take care of their own responsibilities (this may be children, work, etc.).
  • Second regarding marriage: Males should choose a woman that most appealing to him in its entirety that he should appreciate (beauty, health, potential, personality, relationship, children). Women should feel obligated to please her husband by appealing to his wish. Women should please her husband one way or another.

Please note that this is the same for males - they must please their wife the same way they wish. Since this is about why males disliking overweight women, this will be focused on the issues of women.

Logic - If you observe how nature works, you will see many things that resemble how beauty is a symbol of power, importance, status, etc. Not just this but in animals.
  • Secondly, male animals choose their mates based upon their health and capability to nuture and care for babies.
  • Survival of the fittest - ones that are fully capable may live longer and/or be able to mother/father a baby to full growth.
  • Nature vs. Nuture creates controversy in this - Do we have a predetermined taste in which type of women are attractive? Do we become taught of which women are most tasteful?

Taught - In this modern world, education are usually taught by others. It often includes their own opinions. The mass media is rather full of opinion and slowly mainstreams their opinions into people's everyday discussions. The idea of what is fat and what is not becomes pre-determined easily.
  • The mass media often create controversy to increase ratings. However, those ratings come with a consequence. People can believe a claim and suffer from it, directly or indirectly. A programming show may talk about "The Most Beautiful Women of Year 2005" displaying rather exotic/beautiful pictures of these women in skimpy outfits. While it is rather a compiled piece of opinion of why they are beautiful, the viewers may believe otherwise that it is really what America wants.
  • Families tend to put pressure on you based on their own belief to be beautiful and fit. Sporting is encouraged, smartness is encouraged, hard work is encouraged. When one does not fit within the criteria, they become scolded.
  • Friends often create peer pressure and/or unspoken rivalry. One female may appear beautiful by wearing the best type of clothes and somehow attract amounts of compliments from the males. The friend of the female may feel inferior and try to top her friend to gather the same amount of compliment. This determines what is "right" and what is "wrong".

These three sections are possible reasons why males view women in a particular way. It is a debate of nature vs. nuture really. Nature in which males may naturally prefer a fit, lean woman over an overweight flop woman and nuture in which a male may be taught to appreciate beauty and/or even the personality behind the face. Not all men are the same since they are all raised differently. To blame one male and not another for not looking at your personality rather than your body would be quite naive.

The only culture I know that sees fat as a good thing would be the tribal South Africans that become fat as they could. The fattest are usually a sign of being plump - full of strength and capable. Males often choose women that look plump and attractive.

Hope this help.

-J.

are you Heaths Brother?

Cheri said:
Amen Dreamdeaf :hug:

That's how I feel too. :tears: After they see my picture, They said, You look beautiful or hot, and have a great personality but when they see below me, They just get turned off, But sometimes they won't tell you the real reason for not wanting you. Ever since then I thought it had something to do with me having two children. But, it all makes sense to me it has to do with my weight issue. If I accept men for who they are from the inside, I expect the same treatment.

I used to be so picky that I would only go after guys who have muscles, very sexy and hot looking. Most of them had a lousy personality, I decide that's not for me. If I want to find someone, I'll find someone who has everything that's in their heart that I would want. I wouldn't care so much about the outside part. If they lose weight, great if not I don't care. Their body is not the reason for me loving them. It's what inside their heart, matters to me the most. I would want a guy that cares so much about me, that would expressed his feelings to me, that has the same things in common with me. That's all I ever wanted and ever ask for. ;)

:hug: :hug: I agree with Angel, Cheri, you are beautiful inside and out. If a man doesn't look into your heart, and see what a beautiful person you really are? Then he doesn't deserve you at all!!!! The body is only a small part of the relationship. The men need to look into our hearts, our minds, our intelligence, and accept us for who we really are. You have all that Cheri, and I feel now, that you already have a great man who sees you for all those beautiful possessions you now hold.

RebelGirl said:

:lol: May I say something? true, u re beautiful, u can tell them, ignore others who look at overweighted

I have heard/was told "Holy Shit, U re beautiful!" other "U re SO beautiful!" I think their just :bs:
and another "u're attractive" is he telling truth, probably ;)

Yiffzer said:

Hope this help.

-J.

i admit i agree with u, I just wanna be beautiful and healthy not for men but myself, so keep exercise n eat healthy foods, u guys have tried to lose weights too cuz u want be healthy :)

Yiffzer said:
I'm new. I came from Deaf Madness. I don't know who's Heath. :)

-J.

i was joking cuz Heath writes a lot too on every thing he posts

FreeWoman77 said:
yea, i know u, BTW, welcome to AD :wave:

Thanks. ;) Who are you in DM? I have to say DM is just completely in the trash. DM = immature. I'm glad to see some people making sense here at least.

This post I made is a way of just balancing things out without anything in favor. I never come from one perspective - I come from all. I try to be as understanding as that. Yes, believe me - a lot of these things I said about women also applies to males too. Women can also pick and choose the same way. If a woman accepts a male's fat belly when he doesn't accept her fat thighs, and she gets upset - who's fault is it? A woman should learn to cope with this and actually find a male that she wants. Although the most dreamiest man would be next to impossible, once you go through life, you begin to appreciate even the littlest things. So a guy with intelligence but completely lacking social skill may be something to appreciate. It's what makes him different from others after all. ;)

-J.

If Simon from American Idol was here, he would say that fat people's bodies are ugly, gross, and disgusting.

Fat people don't even look at themselves in the mirror, how the hell can they expect anybody to make love by touching.

And plus they sweat too much during sex... Ewww might as well have sex with fish.
Stinky.

Sorry Mods, hey hey hey pls don't ban me cause it is true. :nana:

Yiffzer said:
Thanks. ;) Who are you in DM? I have to say DM is just completely in the trash. DM = immature. I'm glad to see some people making sense here at least.

This post I made is a way of just balancing things out without anything in favor. I never come from one perspective - I come from all. I try to be as understanding as that. Yes, believe me - a lot of these things I said about women also applies to males too. Women can also pick and choose the same way. If a woman accepts a male's fat belly when he doesn't accept her fat thighs, and she gets upset - who's fault is it? A woman should learn to cope with this and actually find a male that she wants. Although the most dreamiest man would be next to impossible, once you go through life, you begin to appreciate even the littlest things. So a guy with intelligence but completely lacking social skill may be something to appreciate. It's what makes him different from others after all. ;)

-J.

what their forum for, they use to bash i knew, and sometimes funny, i havent posted there much since u joined :popcorn:

and what's my nickname I can't say :nana:

FreeWoman77 said:
what their forum for, they use to bash i knew, and sometimes funny, i havent posted there much since u joined :popcorn:

OMG? I made you not post anymore? :(

-J.

Back