What's great about being Married?

I agree with OP. What is point of getting married? You have to spend lot of money on wedding then you re risking yourself by getting divorce which itself would cost you money in the process. Silly really.

I did not spend a lot of money when I got married. We where married by a JP and I wore a pantsuit my daughter was there andmy husband 2 sons where there too. We when out to Unos after .We did not spent a lot of money but my family was hurt that they where not thereso my mom and older sister had dinner party for us. Being married was not great afte awhile !
I kicked my husband out of my condo and got Finlay! Finlay was easier to sleep with , he did not talk or fight in his sleep!

Ha!

I like having both a husband AND my dogs. Don't think I'll kick either one of 'em out. ;-)

I did not spend a lot of money when I got married. We where married by a JP and I wore a pantsuit my daughter was there andmy husband 2 sons where there too. We when out to Unos after .We did not spent a lot of money but my family was hurt that they where not thereso my mom and older sister had dinner party for us. Being married was not great afte awhile !
I kicked my husband out of my condo and got Finlay! Finlay was easier to sleep with , he did not talk or fight in his sleep!

Hubby and I wanted a small simple wedding. Just family only, but MIL wanted more and more. We told her, that my mother would pay for what we wished and MIL could pay for the rest. I paid for my dress, but mother made it, so it was only $200. I paid for the table centerpieces and the flower arrangements for the church. Centerpieces were silk flowers, church had real. My total output for my wedding was only $500. MIL put out somewhere around $2000 for the reception and the caterers. She was not happy with the cake we were getting and ordered a different one from a local grocery. The cake we cut was a wedding gift from a church member who is also my daughter's Godmother. We had a good time and IL sent out 500 invitations and had an open invitation for the church members. I have 240 signatures in the guest book and had to mail out 845 thank-you cards for gifts. Luckily, hubby and I still love each other and we have gone through so many trials, but it is so worth it.

Nor would I!! You did right. (Kristina slipped; that comment was to "whatdidyousay!")

It's funny about the connection between dogs and boyfriends/husbands. I was dating someone else (a friend of my eventual husband, actually) before I started dating my husband. My dog at that time didn't really like him much, I could tell, and he (the guy) pretty much ignored my dog. Clearly THAT relationship was not going to last!

When I started dating my husband, he LOVED my dog and my dog thought that he just about walked on water. A match made in heaven - so what could I do? I had no choice: I HAD to marry him to keep my dog happy. ;-)

Nor would I!! You did right. (Kristina slipped; that comment was to "whatdidyousay!")

It's funny about the connection between dogs and boyfriends/husbands. I was dating someone else (a friend of my eventual husband, actually) before I started dating my husband. My dog at that time didn't really like him much, I could tell, and he (the guy) pretty much ignored my dog. Clearly THAT relationship was not going to last!

When I started dating my husband, he LOVED my dog and my dog thought that he just about walked on water. A match made in heaven - so what could I do? I had no choice: I HAD to marry him to keep my dog happy. ;-)

I'm confused, I was responding to whatdidyousay regarding costs of wedding. Ah well - I guess I am just too tired to play here.

that would be misleading, as alot of marriage breaks up because of the LACK of it

oh a good thing about marriage? after break up you can legally steal half of everything your ex have...even if you didnt have a job of your own, or equal (less) asset than the partner in the first place..
Wow, that's cynical!

I agree with OP. What is point of getting married? You have to spend lot of money on wedding then you re risking yourself by getting divorce which itself would cost you money in the process. Silly really.
There's no need to spend a lot of money on a wedding. Weddings can be small and simple. :)

Kristina, my comment about "You did right!" was to "whatdidyousay" about kicking her husband out for drinking.

Your response to an early answer slipped in before my answer got posted, so then my answer, coming right after yours, didn't really make sense. So I put in the edited remark in parentheses to explain that I was responding to "whatdidyousay."

We enjoy spending time together and sharing experiences, good and bad, with each other.

Becoming a legal citizen? :lol:

marriage is wonderful if you have the right person. Are there 2 people out there for me? :dunno:

simple - get married at your local court.

that would be misleading, as alot of marriage breaks up because of the LACK of it

oh a good thing about marriage? after break up you can legally steal half of everything your ex have...even if you didnt have a job of your own, or equal (less) asset than the partner in the first place..

actually - in here... it's because of financial reason.

Now I'm going to see what everyone will say..opposite of "What's great about being single" Let rolls!

what's so great, you ask?

hhmmmm.... having a child(ren) to pass on your wisdom and family name :)

Becoming a legal citizen? :lol:

marriage is wonderful if you have the right person. Are there 2 people out there for me? :dunno:

Looking for two Mrs. Right? :shock:

If that's the case, apparently, having a slice isn't sufficient, so you must eat the cake as well. :lol:

My condolences also.

If you're serious about finding two "Miss Rights," yes, I believe you can. My mom married after she had been widowed for 11 years; three aunts and uncles in the family also remarried after having been widowed for some time. I truly believe that if you had one good, loving relationship, chances are excellent that in time, you will be able to build another.

Back