What would you do if Someone call you Deaf & Dumb ?

PePe LePew

Reaction score
My husband's ex so-called common in law wife, not real marriage called my husband Deaf and Dumb over the VRS relay call and he was hurts.

My husband told his ex that's insults and she said well you don't understand, his ex is hearing, does she have the right to called him deaf and dumb ?

This really pissed me right off and we all know we are all not deaf and dumb, why do hearing thinks we are, they are totally wrong.

What would you do if someone calls you deaf and dumb ?

I find that calling deaf a dumb is very CRUEL and INHUMAN!

Simple..I tell them that they are hearing and dumb and give them the bird.

:hug:
My husband's ex so-called common in law wife, not real marriage called my husband Deaf and Dumb over the VRS relay call and he was hurts.

My husband told his ex that's insults and she said well you don't understand, his ex is hearing, does she have the right to called him deaf and dumb ?

This really pissed me right off and we all know we are all not deaf and dumb, why do hearing thinks we are, they are totally wrong.

i ignore them, but if i'm in a ticked off mood, i tell them to kiss my derriere. having said that, 90% of the time i ignore such ideotic statements because it does no good to dignify them with a response.

I would be questioning why your husband is still talking to his 'ex'......

shel90

:giggle:heh you funny, I remember telling a friend if people thinks we're deaf and dumb well heck they are hearing and dumb too, heh LOL, I knew you would say hearing and dumb, laughing!:laugh2:

Also one time just kidding around with my mom and I 'ahem' usually don't say the F words in front or around my parents, but I did and I said "Don't F with the Deaf and my mom eyes popped out, laughing and she said well "Don't F with the hearing." Laughing!

I should tell my husband to tell his ex so-called and say "Don't F with the Deaf". Good One!:lol:

Simple..I tell them that they are hearing and dumb and give them the bird.

shel90

Yeah sometimes my husband had to talk to his ex cuz his daughter won't talk to him, but the Judge told my husband and his ex they are not to talk to each other, but e-mail is fine, onlys to talk to his daughter.'

I personally don't like my husband's ex, she's evil and names calling my husband all the times, stupid, dumb and deaf, no good father, she uses abusive word to puts him down. My husband's buddy told me and said that time he and my husband were roommate and that my husband met his ex and she moved in with them and his buddy told me that my husband's ex was controlling him and my husband, before I was married to him when this happen. Controlling is abuse, not right.

I never liked his ex, she was mean to him and still is!

I still talk to my ex hubby...:dunno:

Yeah sometimes my husband had to talk to his ex cuz his daughter won't talk to him, but the Judge told my husband and his ex they are not to talk to each other, but e-mail is fine, onlys to talk to his daughter.'

I personally don't like my husband's ex, she's evil and names calling my husband all the times, stupid, dumb and deaf, no good father, she uses abusive word to puts him down. My husband's buddy told me and said that time he and my husband were roommate and that my husband met his ex and she moved in with them and his buddy told me that my husband's ex was controlling him and my husband, before I was married to him when this happen. Controlling is abuse, not right.

I never liked his ex, she was mean to him and still is!

My hubby doesnt like my ex hubby cuz he was awful to me. I am not too fond of my ex hubby either but for my daughter's sake, I try to be positive about him which can be a challenge at times. :D

shel90

Oh boy I know how you feels and my husband feels about exes...My husband is having a hard time trying to talk to his daughter and his daughter doesn't want to talk to him and his daughter told him I don't trust you and she never tell him she love him and she blamed him for abandoning her, my husband did not abandoned her, his ex cheated on him with another man and his ex the one who left my husband and his ex makes their daughter thinks the father abandoned her and that's not true, his ex did not want my husband around their daughter. His ex said to my husband you help me make our daughter and I was pissed, it's like he's a sperm donor or something.

From what I see is that his ex just wanted the baby, not him, push him out of his daughter's life. It's a long story and I'am sick and tired of his ex thinking that my husband is dumb, I even seen that she took the advantage of his deafness to get her way and to get what she wanted.

I told his daughter one time we went to see her and I told her that her daddy did not abandoned her, it was hard to tell her but I could not say anything to her about the mother is the one who left him. sighs

My hubby doesnt like my ex hubby cuz he was awful to me. I am not too fond of my ex hubby either but for my daughter's sake, I try to be positive about him which can be a challenge at times. :D

That's never happened to me that I know of but I wouldn't break stride.

I'm hoh, but i have been called deaf and dumb, I don't like it ,i don't think its
funny and whoever says it to me is looking for a world of hurt. Few things really piss me off but thats definitely one of them. I don't want to complain,
but hearing people just don't understand.To hearing people,hoh and deaf people look normal,we are so its hard to understand why we can't hear.

Thank god I don't hear them calling me that name but I remember one waitress told us about meeting deaf and dumb people in her life. I was fumed but my husband held me back and remind me that she is older and those words were common back in her time but not ours. Cant train new trick to old dog. That is how I felt about her when she used that words.

If your husband have a visitation right and his ex have fail the follow the court order then your husband have a right to go back to court to enforce the court order.

Last monday I had to go to court to get a full custody of my son and I won. Also my exh have not pay the child support for 2 yrs and I filed contempt with the court and I dont know what the outcome of it yet til I get a letter.

So meaning if his exw doent follow what in the court order then have him take her back to court and request a court order to have her to follow the court order.

I would be pissed if someone say that to me and I would tell them that they do have a problem with their self esteem.

I am glad you got full custody of your son Randy, horselover61. :) And if a guy calls you deaf and dumb, I will strangle him with my bare hands. His eyes will bulge from his sockets. His tongue will stick out like a banana. He will crap in his pants. It will be a mess. ;)

Back