What would happen to CI if the company went out of business?

I don't think you can sue companies overseas, can you?

AND I am not saying not to get cochlear.. I'm saying what are you going to do as a backup?

Well, if it came down to it and the company that supplies my implant closed down. I don't think it would just involve the company that made them. It would involve much more then that such as insurance, the doctors that put the implant in my, my audiologist. I'm not saying that they would all be held accountable, but it would involve them all in some ways.

I didn't think you where suggesting not to get cochlear. I just didn't want others to try and pull that on anyone from the thought of them closing. It is a scary thought and I'm sure that if it ever happened there would be some annoyances and frustrations. But I highly doubt we'd get left out in the cold on it or have to get new surgery. Because if that was the case they would have to pay for it and they wouldn't want to do that. :)

So, I see this as an interesting question and discussion. But I doubt it'll ever really effect us who have one. I do love "What if" discussions. :)

Ron Jaxon

I wonder how many older brand of CI they stopped making.

One CI brand I know of is the 3M Storz that came out in the early to mid 80s.

However, I have a feeling that Cochlear, AB and Med-El will be around for a long time to come.

That's scary and very cruel.

I was reading about CI from a gov't site and it listed all the risks. And one of the risk it listed that the company could go out of business and they may not make your brand anymore.

Can we see the link?

Back