What was your favorite candy as a child?

Canadian candy is way better than ours. I was so amazed when I first drove through there and bought candy bars. I don't know what goes on there and never hear anyone talking about it but wow on their chocolate and caramel. So good for an Alaska boy. The smell the taste ah so good!!

Interesting.......Mexican candy is disgusting, I think that's why they cross the border to get to our candy.

There was a Mexican family living across the street from us, they invited us to a HUGE birthday party for their daughter. They had 5 pinatas, all filled with nastiness. It was hysterical, my daughter kept opening candy, putting in her mouth and spitting it out. After many times doing this she puts a lollipop cover with white crystals in her mouth, makes a face and yanks it out. My husband was getting annoyed with her, and he's all what is wrong with you, gimme that, sticks it his mouth and does the exact same thing. Yanked it back out and was all "oh gross!! It's salty!!!" lol I was dying. DYING. they had these really gross chewy mango candy things that were almost jerky like and covered in chili poweder. Seriously it was ALL almost inedible. I saved some and put it on top of the microwave and if the kids were misbehaving I'd threaten them "if you dont behave you have to eat the Mexican candy!!!"

Interesting.......Mexican candy is disgusting, I think that's why they cross the border to get to our candy.

There was a Mexican family living across the street from us, they invited us to a HUGE birthday party for their daughter. They had 5 pinatas, all filled with nastiness. It was hysterical, my daughter kept opening candy, putting in her mouth and spitting it out. After many times doing this she puts a lollipop cover with white crystals in her mouth, makes a face and yanks it out. My husband was getting annoyed with her, and he's all what is wrong with you, gimme that, sticks it his mouth and does the exact same thing. Yanked it back out and was all "oh gross!! It's salty!!!" lol I was dying. DYING. they had these really gross chewy mango candy things that were almost jerky like and covered in chili poweder. Seriously it was ALL almost inedible. I saved some and put it on top of the microwave and if the kids were misbehaving I'd threaten them "if you dont behave you have to eat the Mexican candy!!!"

Depends on viewpoint! I lived on the border for so many years, and mango chili suckers are still a big favorite. We are big consumers at local Mexican groceries her to get the pastries and candies we are used to!

I like the Mexican soda much better too, although I usually just drink American diet.

Depends on viewpoint! I lived on the border for so many years, and mango chili suckers are still a big favorite. We are big consumers at local Mexican groceries her to get the pastries and candies we are used to!

I like the Mexican soda much better too, although I usually just drink American diet.

I've had real mango with chili powder, and that's awesome, but those chew candy things.....yikes, the texture, maybe it's an aquired taste. They had these weird tiny peanuts that were in a candy shell, I don't know , they were strange but I liked them. I also liked these things, Rose's something, it was kind of peanut flavored powdered sugar packed into a disk shape. It was tastey, but it was really just powdered sugar in a little bag :D I liked to eat the sugar and those weird peanuts together. Another weird thing they had was these little containers of frosting. Literally frosting it had a tiny spoon to eat it with.

Now they're food was awesome!! I worked with quite a few housekeeping. They loved me and were always wanting to share their lunch with me. I just didn't always want to know what the meat was, after hearing what was in it once anytime someone tried to tell me what it was I'd just say "no!! don't tell me, I like it fine, I don't need or want to know what it is!!"

Hershey's Krackel bars!!!! So much better than the Crunch bars! I miss Krackel. I don't like the few mini bars that come in the assortment bags (I hate dark chocolate and the Mr Goobers or whatever those chocolate bars with peanuts are, bleh!).

Orange Slices....Pay Day and of course Milky Way....and I still buy Orange Slices...Pay Day and Milky Way....

This was always a good one. You can still find it occasionally today.
6a011278ffd49328a40148c7ad823f970c-800wi

Don't think they make this one anymore.
cx_sevenup_dark.jpg

My moms favorite chuckles. When i was a kid that i was sneaking into her room and stole almost all of red ones only. Of course, special dark.

My mom still eats the similiar candy as chuckles. But i saw her bag that wasnt chuckles though. Mom said that it tastes almost same as chuckles.

I can't be too sure to rememeber 7 up but if it stopped making past 1970s then i almost am postive that i ate it. I remember i ate the first one white then carmel or something else. BUT i can be confused with a copied candy. who knows.

Wirelessly posted

Reese peanut butter cups, Almond joy and Jolly Rancher ( cherry and apple) my favorites.

Hershey's and Laffy Taffy! I haven't had Laffy Taffy for a long time, though. And Hershey's, oh the best chocolate I've ever tasted! I always put Hershey's in refrigerator for a while before eating them.

you lucky to able get root beer,very difficult where i live

:( I remember. That still really sucks. I can't imagine not having favorite soda pop available in my area so I feel for you. *hands you my Barq's Root Beer* (don't worry, your fingers are safe.)

I had quite a few:

Rolo: Chocolate discs with caramel centers

Kit-Kat

Nestle's Crunch

Milk chocolates (solid-no nuts)

Hersey's kisses

Milky Way

Three Musketeers

Mounds (I don't like coconut candies nowadays)

Back